• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DAN not a rookie any MOORE...........................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As most know I've advocated for Dan Moore and so far he has done about as well as can be expexted.

LT means he faces the opposing team's best pass rusher constantly. He has shown frit and bright spots here and there.

I trust he has worked on technique and physical approach as well durring this off-seas0n.

The article talks about him being mentored by Max Starks mostly and Foster to a degree. Some good insight as well

Thank You CJ for a Well written article.

Salute the nation

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good stuff. Moore seems amenable to the sage advice that Starks and Foster have been offering.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Overall, Moore played well as a rookie thrown into playing LT. He was definitely better than Chuks who had been in the league for years. I think Moore takes a nice leap ahead this year and begins to be a good LT we will need moving forward.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
let's be honest here: he HAS to be better than he was last season, because last season, he was awful. I'm not trying to put the guy down, he was a rookie and put in a tough spot, but seriously, he was terrible. So I'd reckon that we should see SOME improvement

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As a true rookie, he did ok. Most of his sacks came earl, almost none later. He wasn’t a Pro Bowl LT last year, but as a 3rd rounder it wasn’t expected. If he makes as big of an advancement over the off season, as he did during the season, he will be just fine.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
let's be honest here: he HAS to be better than he was last season, because last season, he was awful. I'm not trying to put the guy down, he was a rookie and put in a tough spot, but seriously, he was terrible. So I'd reckon that we should see SOME improvement
Yeah, Moore gets way too much credit for his rookie season. Don't get me wrong, he definitely had some bright spots and flashed potential to be an adequate starter. However, when he was bad, he was real bad. He was touted as a late-rounder with legit potential to develop into a starter at LT and he was thrown to the fire early. Hopefully it helped with his development and he's a better player for it this season.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
4th rounder I think

YES

4th rounder

Our OC did as little as possible to help the OL out last season and yet we still have the same OC this year.

Moore will make bigger strides this year than our current OC will.

Salute the nation