• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DeAngelo Williams

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to show some appreciation for what a PROFESSIONAL this guy is. Leading the AFC in rushing when Bell comes back and he is demoted to almost afterthought status. D-Will never complained. Never "showed out". Never walked away from the team. He just quietly waited his turn in the rotation; and was ready whenever he was called on.

Today's performance was not the performance of a guy trying to say "SEE, I told you so". It was the performance of a man saying "I'm here when you need me." I appreciate that. It sets a great example for all the youngsters on this team.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
We can rely on a guy like this.....not much of a drop off from Bell...........at least not in the games hes had to replace the gifted one

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Deangelo had a hell of a game overall.. how about the chip block on Aldon Smith that put him on his ***, thing of beauty.

That block was the highlight of the game! Damn

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Dude was THEE man today! What a steal. He is no fluke and runs with power.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd have to nominate Mitchell's knockout of the Raiders' RB as the highlight of the game.

That was a good hit itself too. But given all that Aldon Smith has done off field. Lol. Got my kick out of that block

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I thought DeAngelo could carry the load for a few games if needed and certainly be a top-notch backup, but he has exceeded my expectations with his performances when thrust into the starting role.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I was glad Mitchell went over to the sideline to check on the RB after the hit. I guess Murray will learn to lower his head now.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Willliams split carries with Stewart in Carolina, which is why he still has a lot left in the tank.

He was a great signing, no doubt.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Was impressed with his game.

hats off to him

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Not only is he a helluva runner, he's a great person as well. I am proud he is a Steeler.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
Williams is the best we have on O...AB is great, but Williams picks up blitzes, catches, and runs amazingly well...

Kudos to the O-line today, also...

awboatguy

Reaction score
As I've said in numerous game posts. "This guy is an excellent pick up", and if we make the playoffs it will be because he stepped in for Bell with little drop off. Whether it's Bell or D Dubs, defenses have to respect the run game. Love it.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Deangelo had a hell of a game overall.. how about the chip block on Aldon Smith that put him on his ***, thing of beauty.

That was freaking awesome. It sounded like a gun shot, and the entire stadium went, "wow."

P

Pens

He is better at actually hitting the hole than Bell is and getting positive yards on more carries than Bell. Bell may be the superior talent but Williams may just be a more positive yards player in this offense.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
He is better at actually hitting the hole than Bell is and getting positive yards on more carries than Bell. Bell may be the superior talent but Williams may just be a more positive yards player in this offense.

Bell is a more patient and precise runner. Williams lets the play unfold but has more of a straight away take off than Bell

mdk2

Reaction score

I will say, I think DW is a little better than Bell inside the 20. He really has a nose for the endzone and finds the creases the OL creates.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think that Bell is too patient at times. I think that would work better if we had a monster oline. If Williams sticks around he should see more playing time when Bell is healthy. I think they should both be on the field in some sets. Both can catch the ball and would be a nightmare for defenses trying to cover everyone. We would have 2 RBs and Heath as safety valves along with our other threats. No one could cover that consistently.