• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dennard falling big time?

ZACKB

Reaction score
I have read now on 2-3 different occasions that Dennard is falling big time. Here is what I read on rotoworld.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard will fall in May's draft, while he believes Ohio State's Bradley Roby might be moving up.

The NFL is "absolutely not" high on Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard, according to the Sideline View's Lance Zierlein.

Could he be a smokescreen for us? Apparently the NFL people don't seem to like his slow speed and tendency to grab a lot. That crap will be flagged in the NFL. I'm starting to think we should not take him at 1.15. Roby and Fuller are better choices for us.

F

Franco

Last year Jarvis Jones was falling like a brick due to terrible measurables and degenerative spinal coindition, didn't stop Tomlin from falling in love with him and running his name to the podium with 10 minutes left on the clock. How did that work out for us ?

Picking players that are slow and small at DB or OLB rarely work out well, much less as top 15 or so picks.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
The kid can play. If they reach for someone else I'll probably be missing more games. After thirty years and dealing with the last couple clusterfucks of seasons I'm fed up with terrible drafts and sub par coaching.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
The kid can play. If they reach for someone else I'll probably be missing more games. After thirty years and dealing with the last couple clusterfucks of seasons I'm fed up with terrible drafts and sub par coaching.

A guy named Ziggy likes this post

Reaction score
IMO they should take Shazier. He has all the measurables, dude can fly side line to sideline and has a knack for making plays. Plus we need to get another great inside backer. Timmons is 29?

DeaconKnowledge

Reaction score
Don't understand the Dennard love. He is not considered the BPA in any league circles, even at his position. He's mocked as a need guy but Steelers only draft slam dunk Secondary guys in the first.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
But we NEED a corner. We have to draft him.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Love the sarcasm, but I hope we take BPA, when its our turn :)

Salute the nation

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Last year Jarvis Jones was falling like a brick due to terrible measurables and degenerative spinal coindition, didn't stop Tomlin from falling in love with him and running his name to the podium with 10 minutes left on the clock. How did that work out for us ?

Picking players that are slow and small at DB or OLB rarely work out well, much less as top 15 or so picks.

Yeah I can't wait till Jones makes all of you haters eat crow. The dude was a rookie last year and contributed. He wasn't Greg Lloyd in his prime but he will figure it out.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah I can't wait till Jones makes all of you haters eat crow. The dude was a rookie last year and contributed. He wasn't Greg Lloyd in his prime but he will figure it out.

I would GLADLY eat a massive plate of crow. The problem is, I could starve to death waiting on Jones to cook it. Troy Edwards started and contributed as a rookie too.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score

I really, really hope I get to have mine with some seasoning, grilled and cooked to perfection. Seriously, I do.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Yeah, Dennard is definitely the pick now. MT will prove everyone what a great player developer he is...

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Best corner available and best WR available in rounds 1 and 2. If they don't do that, we have big problems.

F

Franco

The fact he is small and slow will make it hard for him to be even an average OLB. he won't make anyone eat crow, he is a mediocre talent.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
trade down and take Roby or trade up and take Gilbert

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The dude says the NFL is not high on Dennard but gives no reasons why. Sounds like a tool to me. The Steelers seem to really like him. If he's there at 15 and Gilbert is gone, I'd have no problem if they took him. I know, BPA. But take the BPA at WR and CB in the 1st 2 rounds. Then take BPA from all positions there on out. We have major needs at WR and CB.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
I have read now on 2-3 different occasions that Dennard is falling big time. Here is what I read on rotoworld.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard will fall in May's draft, while he believes Ohio State's Bradley Roby might be moving up.

The NFL is "absolutely not" high on Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard, according to the Sideline View's Lance Zierlein.

Could he be a smokescreen for us? Apparently the NFL people don't seem to like his slow speed and tendency to grab a lot. That crap will be flagged in the NFL. I'm starting to think we should not take him at 1.15. Roby and Fuller are better choices for us.

Ya gotta love allegations in the media without any facts or support for their argument. "Player X sucks and is moving down the charts." Ok, WHY, you dumb media *****.

Mr.Rocco

Reaction score

And I hear there will be plenty of bechamel sauce for these folks.

;)

6Rings

Reaction score
Corner is not a 1st round need. We have William Gay, Ike and, Allen. They are 3 starting capable CBs. No one you get in the 1st round will outplay any of those 3 guys. Since we will have to groom a young corner, we should wait till the 2nd or third round. We should draft the very best player available that will require the least amount of coaching to get NFL ready.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Ike is retiring after the season, cb is very high need...un less you want Willie Gay, sho is getting older, to start going forward. What if Cortez stinks? We def need a corner drafted in rd 1,2, or 3 this year.

Vader

Reaction score
Corner is not a 1st round need. We have William Gay, Ike and, Allen. They are 3 starting capable CBs. No one you get in the 1st round will outplay any of those 3 guys. Since we will have to groom a young corner, we should wait till the 2nd or third round. We should draft the very best player available that will require the least amount of coaching to get NFL ready.

I hope to hell they don't draft like that. Ike has one year left and Gay is not a starting CB.