• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Deshaun Watson Sued by 3 Women for Sexual Assault

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it disturbing for me to expect adults to have agency?

You would not make the same exception for a man. Again stop whiteknigting. No police report equals bullshit money grab and false allegations.

not disturbing. Just detached from reality. In your world i guess all kids eat their vegetables too. Nobody is whiteknighting. It is just being ponited out to you that in real life, people who are victims of crimes don't always report them right away for lots of reasons. Pretty simple. It's not limited to women either.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Watson is most likely what 90% of these guys who get in trouble are. They're not guilty of a crime like Bill Cosby, but they're pigs who are always pestering women for some ***. Watson likely didn't physically force the women to blow him, but likley pestered them until they gave in. Not a crime, but defintely against "the shield". This is what I've long felt got Ben in trouble. He wasn't guilty of any crime, but the investigation revealed unacceptable behavior. Stuff like lewd comments, maybe grabbing his dick in front of women, etc. Not a crime, but behavior the league felt needed to stop. Unless he physically forced these women to do things, he's not going to jail, but this is gonna cost him serious lost money. Guiliani's violations are similar, but his position of great power puts him at risk of being charged with using his position to coerce. Now I don't know that Giuliani ever got with any of these women (which will likely keep him out of jail if he didn't), but his position is gonna cost him his job if the allegations are true. Bottom line, quit pestering uninterested women for ***. There are plenty of willing hoes out there if you have the patience to find them.

I think you mean Cuomo, the guy who gropes women and murdered old people by sending COVID patients into nursing homes then covering up the true death rates from the public.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

NCSteelerfan

Reaction score
Stop infantilizing women and treat them like adults. You keep whiteknighring for them and feminism keeps ******** on you while playing you like a harp. Reporting and documentation is precisely how you deal with a “rich and powerful person” that’s what those agencies are for. As for the number of accusations don’t imagine for one minute women aren’t every bit as opportunistic as men. Blood in the water brings in sharks.

The only infant in this conversation is you. Things aren't black and white, and there are lots of reasons why women don't just call the police........and that can also be affected by where they live, like small towns where everyone knows everyone. There have been several cases of college football players assaulting women, and said women were ostracized when they tried to bring it to the attention of the school and their accusations dismissed quickly.

I'm not saying that there aren't gold diggers that try to use it as an opportunity to get paid, or ones that will use it to get back at someone, and they piss me off more than anything because they make it harder for those that do get assaulted to come forward and be heard.

Of course in your small world, everyone goes to the cops immediately, gets believed by all, doesn't get dragged through the mud about it, especially if it's a high profile person, and justice prevails. This is the real world, stop being a dumb ***.

No one should jump to conclusions on either side, but where there is smoke, there usually is fire.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
After a few women, I'm thinking this is a cash grab. With this many women, this looks really bad for Watson. The timing with him wanting to leave Houston and these lawsuits starting also makes you wonder what the hell is really going on.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
The only infant in this conversation is you. Things aren't black and white, and there are lots of reasons why women don't just call the police........and that can also be affected by where they live, like small towns where everyone knows everyone. There have been several cases of college football players assaulting women, and said women were ostracized when they tried to bring it to the attention of the school and their accusations dismissed quickly.

I'm not saying that there aren't gold diggers that try to use it as an opportunity to get paid, or ones that will use it to get back at someone, and they piss me off more than anything because they make it harder for those that do get assaulted to come forward and be heard.

Of course in your small world, everyone goes to the cops immediately, gets believed by all, doesn't get dragged through the mud about it, especially if it's a high profile person, and justice prevails. This is the real world, stop being a dumb ***.

No one should jump to conclusions on either side, but where there is smoke, there usually is fire.
Yeah no. It really is that black and white. There is no reason for a female not to report an incident right when it occurs.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
people have already given you reasons why its not reported instantly. I don't get how you can possibly think its a black and white issue. Seems like you were wronged by a woman or something to have such an archaic view.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
people have already given you reasons why its not reported instantly. I don't get how you can possibly think its a black and white issue. Seems like you were wronged by a woman or something to have such an archaic view.
**** I had women flat out lie and caused me to see a judge twice. In my younger ***** days.😁But there is a plethora of reasons women don't report rapes. Hell most actually don't. Fear of what the accused will do, fear of being shamed, trying to push the event behind them. Not wanting to incarcerate the man, not wanting family and friends to know. Hell the girl I raised a few times hid things from me in fear I would go after the guy. (She was assaulted by her ex). These court systems are often nasty towards the victims. Yeah I don't blame women for whatever course they decide on. People act different faced with a traumatic event. Very small percentage of conviction for rapists. Women are even actually educated on that percentage. Which is just another reason that some might hesitate. No I feel for them they are the victims and I treat them as such.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah no. It really is that black and white. There is no reason for a female not to report an incident right when it occurs.

yeah, that’s why the statute of limitations on most crimes is 10 days. Or Is it longer? Can’t see any reason it would be longer than 10 days since everybody reports possible crimes immediately.

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, that’s why the statute of limitations on most crimes is 10 days. Or Is it longer? Can’t see any reason it would be longer than 10 days since everybody reports possible crimes immediately.
Yeah lots of people wait two or three months to report armed robbery or burglary or battery. That's almost as retarded as a Tibs post.

GRBman

Reaction score
He "coerced her into oral sex"?... Um... just say no and end the massage. She said she then blacked-out in fear? Yeah, sure

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He "coerced her into oral sex"?... Um... just say no and end the massage. She said she then blacked-out in fear? Yeah, sure

Why did he keep going there................. because these women were targets to his entitlement. The women are from a lower class whom may have citizenship / green card / issues and surcummed to his insistance. If he truely needed a massage why wasn't he using team trainers ? If he flashed even a few $100s it would be more than some of these women get paid in a month so there is that also. Watson may have not have harrassed all the women claiming but rest assured I'd say odds are he did at least a few of them. I just want justice in the end.

Salute the nation

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
This part seems a bit fishy to me, but you are alone in a room w/ a pro athlete who can probably man handle you. Could be scared of rape, getting beat up, etc etc...so just gave in to oral sex. Hopefully the truth comes out, but it sure doesnt look good for Watson.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
After a few women, I'm thinking this is a cash grab. With this many women, this looks really bad for Watson. The timing with him wanting to leave Houston and these lawsuits starting also makes you wonder what the hell is really going on.
A bit of strategery somewhere

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah lots of people wait two or three months to report armed robbery or burglary or battery. That's almost as retarded as a Tibs post.

so in your world, every single mugging, every guy who was ever punched in the face, every person who suspected the car wash guy stole $5 from the ash tray has promptly reported that crime. Every crime in history has been reported. I wasn't aware of that. I guess you told me.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
I know Coolie said to keep politics out, but I feel compelled to say that this type of discourse is what is lost in most political conversations nowadays. I think if everyone sat down we'd see that most people on either side have a similar idea of how life should be and what rights should be afforded to all.

The opinions being espoused in this thread would generally be associated with the left, though I know most of you saying these things would identify with the right. In the end it just comes down to personal character. The people that populate this board are good people and can have different views without ostracizing or condemnation and that's a large part of what has kept me coming back since I was an idiot kid. It's made a difference in my life and I know many others.

DBS, I appreciate your side of view and it's one I've seen argued many times. That being said, I can't say I agree with you. As someone that for whatever reason tends to be confided in, I have heard a story from almost every woman that I know. I would guess that you have multiple women close to you that have been assaulted and never spoken up--It's so incredibly common and the variables as to why are mountainous. One such obstacle being this exact conversation and the tone of "disbelief" that accompanies it from the get-go.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
God I hate politics. If the discussion is on something that isn't political it is silly tagging one side left and one side right. Especially when every opinion varies in different degrees.

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
so in your world, every single mugging, every guy who was ever punched in the face, every person who suspected the car wash guy stole $5 from the ash tray has promptly reported that crime. Every crime in history has been reported. I wasn't aware of that. I guess you told me.
You just dipped into 21 territory with this one.
How many people do you know that have been mugged or randomly battered by a stranger that did not report it? You are grasping with that. There is a huge difference between somebody stealing your wallet and not remembering if you spent that five dollars on coffee before you had the car washed. This is a situation where some unscrupulous females are trying to capitalize on a rich and famous sports figure being in a public relations shitstorm. Now go ahead and make another stupid analogy that puts your idiocy on the FlogManBun level of the stupid meter.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
A. People routinely don’t report crimes... thats a fact
B. Rich athletes are often entitled ********
C. Rich athletes are often the targets of honeypot schemes
D. Rape and sexual assault have been watered down in this era... thats the harsh truth... rape now can be a woman doing something with a guy and regretting it afterwards... it certainly takes away from the cases where the guy forces himself on a woman or threatens her... if she says no, or if she is incapacitated and unable to think clearly or if a guy threatens her, then it’s absolutely rape...

If she says yes then says stop and he keeps going its rape...

If she says yes then does it then feels bad about it thats making a mistake... that isnt rape... its regret...

Same if he lies to her to sleep with her... thats him being a douche and certainly taking advantage but not really rape ...

If he bribes her into it, thats prostitution... and she is guilty too...

Its hard in the me too movement era because a lot of it is women piling on to be included... you hear those in bars all the time... one girl opens up about an actual sexual assault and a bunch more chime in about nonsense situations... it waters stuff down and makes the first girls trauma seem less severe and thats wrong too

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You just dipped into 21 territory with this one.
How many people do you know that have been mugged or randomly battered by a stranger that did not report it? You are grasping with that. There is a huge difference between somebody stealing your wallet and not remembering if you spent that five dollars on coffee before you had the car washed. This is a situation where some unscrupulous females are trying to capitalize on a rich and famous sports figure being in a public relations shitstorm. Now go ahead and make another stupid analogy that puts your idiocy on the FlogManBun level of the stupid meter.

I'm curious...... Would you let him off if ONLY just one of the 13 woman's alegations are true? You know exactly ZERO facts on the actual what happened yet you are willing to exonorate just on an opinion with unwillingness to let the facts play out. If Watson did something he needs to pay the price and if any of the accusers are false claiming then they need to pay the price. It's more likely than not that Watson commited a crime and yet a possibility some of the accusers are piggy-backing. It's up to the court system to condem those who break the law.

Salute the nation

DBS1970

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious...... Would you let him off if ONLY just one of the 13 woman's alegations are true? You know exactly ZERO facts on the actual what happened yet you are willing to exonorate just on an opinion with unwillingness to let the facts play out. If Watson did something he needs to pay the price and if any of the accusers are false claiming then they need to pay the price. It's more likely than not that Watson commited a crime and yet a possibility some of the accusers are piggy-backing. It's up to the court system to condem those who break the law.

Salute the nation
Yeah No.
The ancient legal standard is innocent untill proven guilty.

Im willing to CONVICT on evidence and facts only. Which is why without a police report and investigation providing evidence the allegations are bullshit. There is only one reason a female does this **** instead of making a contemporaneous report to the authorities, it’s a blatant smear for some nefarious purpose. For instance the false abuse/rape/child molestation claims made in divorce court.