• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Deshaun Watson Sued by 3 Women for Sexual Assault

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Bens situation back in the day was stupid but less complicated than it is made out to be... he was an entitled dick to people .. the first girl pursued him then made a case about it after he refused to be with her... she told her coworkers they were dating then showed up at his house here in pa trying to talk to him... it was all really weird

the second case was a straight vendetta... a group of sorority girls crashed his birthday bar crawl and when he threw one of them and her boyfriend put for being dickish the rest hatched a plan to get him back... thats why they tried to delete their Facebook accounts and texts that night and why the DA never filed charges...

there was probably something illegal going on that night though, which is why the bar tapes disappeared ... im fairly certain that whatever led to that action is why ben got suspended more so than the rape accusation... which was pretty easily dismissed through facts...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Bens situation back in the day was stupid but less complicated than it is made out to be... he was an entitled dick to people .. the first girl pursued him then made a case about it after he refused to be with her... she told her coworkers they were dating then showed up at his house here in pa trying to talk to him... it was all really weird

the second case was a straight vendetta... a group of sorority girls crashed his birthday bar crawl and when he threw one of them and her boyfriend put for being dickish the rest hatched a plan to get him back... thats why they tried to delete their Facebook accounts and texts that night and why the DA never filed charges...

there was probably something illegal going on that night though, which is why the bar tapes disappeared ... im fairly certain that whatever led to that action is why ben got suspended more so than the rape accusation... which was pretty easily dismissed through facts...
Not disputing, but the biggest issue was she didn't want to pursue. And that reasoning we will never really know. Pretty hard to file a rape sexual assault with a "victim" that does not want to fully cooperate.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure bad decisions were made by both parties that night. I just remember being of the mind that I would not have been against trading him. In retrospect I'm glad they didn't. Even if redemption wasn't going to happen in the media. It did in my eyes. The part that always troubles me was the security footage being erased. If the incident was now and not then I don't think he would have been a Steeler moving forward.
Definitely poor decisions by both sides, although I think it was the sorority sister that escalated it. One thing for sure Ben didn’t need the media to give him redemption, because Mr. Rooney (Dan) gave him a decision, represent the organization and city appropriately or you are no longer a Steeler. That woke Ben up to get his act together.

After Weinstein, Epstein and Allen....gheez, if it happened now Goodell would have probably liquidated PIT from the league.

The security footage lost was intentionally rationalized as part of “Ben’s incident and removal of evidence”. I knew a resident of Milidgeville at the time that occurred, and it was “the place to go“ if you were in Athens (UGA) or Atlanta (Ga Tech). So all kinds of college kids went there to do “college things”. The tapes were erased/missing because the club owner didn’t want footage of underage kids with alcohol identified in the investigation causing his club to be shut down by the authorities and city managers.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Not disputing, but the biggest issue was she didn't want to pursue. And that reasoning we will never really know. Pretty hard to file a rape sexual assault with a "victim" that does not want to fully cooperate.
Definitely poor decisions by both sides, although I think it was the sorority sister that escalated it. One thing for sure Ben didn’t need the media to give him redemption, because Mr. Rooney (Dan) gave him a decision, represent the organization and city appropriately or you are no longer a Steeler. That woke Ben up to get his act together.

After Weinstein, Epstein and Allen....gheez, if it happened now Goodell would have probably liquidated PIT from the league.

The security footage lost was intentionally rationalized as part of “Ben’s incident and removal of evidence”. I knew a resident of Milidgeville at the time that occurred, and it was “the place to go“ if you were in Athens (UGA) or Atlanta (Ga Tech). So all kinds of college kids went there to do “college things”. The tapes were erased/missing because the club owner didn’t want footage of underage kids with alcohol identified in the investigation causing his club to be shut down by the authorities and city managers.
Yeah i’d heard some of that... the big thing was the social media stuff... the national media simply ignored it because it didn’t fit the narrative... the girls initially posted a bunch of things about him being a jerk then discussed accusing him of rape because he had been accused before to get back at him... as soon as it blew up nationally the whole sorority was deleting everything despite it being totally recoverable...

there was other stuff too..logistical impossiblities with the girls story.... and their testimony was full of holes... they just didn’t think it was going to be that big a deal

nobody will ever know what happened in vegas for sure but the Georgia thing was thoroughly bunk... Bettis at Bobby dales level nonsense... that DA went down there to fry him and was bitter that there was nothing they could really do...

the best I can guess his suspension was one of four things from that
A. Goodell really does hate the Steelers
B. The Rooneys asked him to
C. Goodell wanted to make an example of someone to keep guys from giving the league black eyes
D. They found something else going on there and Ben was involved...

But there was no chance it was purely from the accusation being true...

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben was suspended because Goodell is weak. A few weeks prior, Goodell suspended Pacman Jones without any charges being filed against him. many players and in the media cried racism, that a white player would never be suspended in a similar situation. That pretty much guaranteed the next white player to get in any kind of scrape was getting suspended big time. It happened to be Ben.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben was suspended because Goodell is weak. A few weeks prior, Goodell suspended Pacman Jones without any charges being filed against him. many players and in the media cried racism, that a white player would never be suspended in a similar situation. That pretty much guaranteed the next white player to get in any kind of scrape was getting suspended big time. It happened to be Ben.
Pacman's boy paralyzed a bouncer. **** Pacman....

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn’t Pac-Man suspension resultant from a strip club incident?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Watson is in even more trouble now..

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The police are opening an investigation...that's in his favor if this is all a money grab.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
The police are opening an investigation...that's in his favor if this is all a money grab.
What's not in his favor is i believe this is a new complaint. Not sure if they can force the other attorney to submit his evidence or not

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn’t Pac-Man suspension resultant from a strip club incident?

I think Pacman had MULTIPLE arests and reasons to be suspended. Don't get it mixed up with the number of Bungls players being arrested and in trouble through out that time period.

Salute the nation

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Ben was not charged and has never got past it. So Watson should be different except forty now have brought up his actions. He could have asked the team for their people to work out his muscles but wait he pissed them off and has become obvious he was after more than ankle rub.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
23 accusations and 22 lawsuits is a lot of smoke, but when questioned about the case, Bill Cosby indicated that Deshaun still has a lot of work to do.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What will happen to Watson when all the smoke is removed and he is convicted / settles / 1 or more claimants? Will he get 6 game suspention ? Will he just get a slap on the wrist or will he BOBKR*FT it away......................??? Ben was never charged / convicted / yet here we stand.

Remeber little chest got to serve his suspension even though he wasn't on a team, how the HELL did that ever happen?

Salute the nation