• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devin Bush on Tebow signing

mdk2

Reaction score

This kid has no idea what he's talking about.
1. Tebow signing is basically a tryout, he's probably going to be cut in training camp.. why is this a big deal?
2. Kapernick can try out for a new position and be paid minimum if he makes it(like Tebow)
3. Kapernick doesn't want to play football, that's why he won't play for less than $10mil, according to him.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see how quickly this devolves into left/right political ****.
By the way, I agree with points 2 and 3.
In regards to point 1, I think Urban gives him every chance to succeed as a Move TE, keeps him until the end of camp and then puts him on the practice squad at the expense of a younger player with more upside. Loyalty can bite a coach in the ***.

mdk2

Reaction score
Let's see how quickly this devolves into left/right political ****.
By the way, I agree with points 2 and 3.
In regards to point 1, I think Urban gives him every chance to succeed as a Move TE, keeps him until the end of camp and then puts him on the practice squad at the expense of a younger player with more upside. Loyalty can bite a coach in the ***.
I can't see Tebow just being on the practice squad. I think he either makes the 53 or he's done with football.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't see Tebow just being on the practice squad. I think he either makes the 53 or he's done with football.
He's sat on buses, ate at greasy spoons and slept in cut rate motels as a minor league baseball player. I think he'd look at a practice squad position in Jacksonville as a step up. Eat at whatever restaurant he wants. Sleep in his own bed. Drive his own car to work. NFL training tables and medical staff. Plus, I've never known Tebow to miss an opportunity to keep his name in the media.

mdk2

Reaction score
He's sat on buses, ate at greasy spoons and slept in cut rate motels as a minor league baseball player. I think he'd look at a practice squad position in Jacksonville as a step up. Eat at whatever restaurant he wants. Sleep in his own bed. Drive his own car to work. NFL training tables and medical staff. Plus, I've never known Tebow to miss an opportunity to keep his name in the media.
True, true...

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

1. Tebow signing is basically a tryout, he's probably going to be cut in training camp.. why is this a big deal?
2. Kapernick can try out for a new position and be paid minimum if he makes it(like Tebow)
3. Kapernick doesn't want to play football, that's why he won't play for less than $10mil, according to him.

which part of his tweet was incorrect? Seems pretty straight forward that tebow got a job and kapernick hasn't the reason's behind it don't make a difference

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Have your opinion. Keep opinion to self. That should be in large letters on every NFL contract. The NFL wanted social media involvement and now they have it. Just play the ****** game. If the Jacksonville Jaguars want to bring back Ryan ****** Leaf, they can. Its them signing the cheques. If no one will sign Colin Kaepernick for what he would be prepared to sign for, then he can go pound sand.
Where I work there is literally huge "priority" hiring ALL THE TIME. Including massive nepotism by name. If I go to social media and complain, see how that goes for me.

mdk2

Reaction score
which part of his tweet was incorrect? Seems pretty straight forward that tebow got a job and kapernick hasn't the reason's behind it don't make a difference
Sure. Technically, it's correct but we all know what he's hinting at.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
And what does the wait till we play Jacksonville ZZZZZzzzzz mean I really don't get that. Cool shades will have the team underprepared for a ****** opponent and we will sleep walk through the first 2/3 of the game and lose to an 8 point dog?

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Because of his victim mentality. Kapernick turned down offers or sabotaged opportunities i.e. the Goodell workout just for him that he changed moments before the tryout. But instead of holding Kapernick accountable he deflects stating a league minimum contract with no guarantees to a player willing to try a whole new position is “privilege”.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bush just needs to shut the **** up. Whether he is trying to make this about race or just the fact that it's Tebow, the dude hasn't really done anything yet in this league. Just shut up, rehab and do your ******* job this year at the Pro Bowl level we drafted you to.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Bush just needs to shut the **** up. Whether he is trying to make this about race or just the fact that it's Tebow, the dude hasn't really done anything yet in this league. Just shut up, rehab and do your ******* job this year at the Pro Bowl level we drafted you to.
How is the statement race driven???

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Basically though, who gives a **** about a tweet? I mean seriously.

It's only motivation if the other guy beats your ***. Never heard a guy on a losing team, or who had a ****** day, say "I really wanted to go out there and put on a show because so and so tweeted about me!" However, if Tebow makes the squad and he lights your *** up, beats you on routes, scores a TD on you, then the Tweet becomes relevant and you'll hear about motivation. If none of those things happen, you won't hear about it as motivation.

That said, ideally, you don't even put yourself in the position for that to be a possibility.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
lol

Yeah, Kaepernick has always shied away from the spotlight, hasn't he?

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
so you can read the kid's mind?

maybe he just truly thinks it is funny that tebow has a job
Your package shipped out today. I would have tweeted about it, but I didn't want to up your motivation level!

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
lol

Yeah, Kaepernick has always shied away from the spotlight, hasn't he?
Sorry, I don't remember saying anything about Kaepernick other than agreeing with mdk that he could try out at another position for league min. and that it appears he doesn't really want to play football. I was addressing why TEBOW would take a practice squad position.
If you somehow misunderstood, not much I can do to help you.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
thing is - Kaepernick would have been in the NFL right now... if his girlfriend/wife hadnt went on a bizarre Twitter rant that had the likes of The Holy Ray Lewis call up the Rats owner and tell him to rescind the contract offer.

Ray. Lewis.

When Ray Lewis says you're a ****-up ... you're a ****-up.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
What pisses me off most about the tweet is that he's essentially laughing at the Jaguars, a 1-15 team last season who actually has the better all-time head-to-head record against his mighty Steelers.

Someone needs to educate this young man.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't remember saying anything about Kaepernick other than agreeing with mdk that he could try out at another position for league min. and that it appears he doesn't really want to play football. I was addressing why TEBOW would take a practice squad position.
If you somehow misunderstood, not much I can do to help you.
That's nice. I do remember you saying that TEBOW is trying to "keep his name in the media." Somehow, you came to that conclusion because he's accepting a tryout at tight end from his old college coach?

And I'm saying that your statement regarding Tebow needing to seek attention is amusing, because that's what football-player-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick is all about these days.

Sorry you misunderstood that.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
That's nice. I do remember you saying that TEBOW is trying to "keep his name in the media." Somehow, you came to that conclusion because he's accepting a tryout at tight end from his old college coach?

And I'm saying that your statement regarding Tebow needing to seek attention is amusing, because that's what football-player-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick is all about these days.

Sorry you misunderstood that.

Hard to argue anything in this post. His college coach is giving the guy who helped win him two national championships a tryout. Nothing much more to see here unless you want to.

Last edited:

Stewey

Reaction score
Basically though, who gives a **** about a tweet? I mean seriously.
LOL, since you asked. Trump haters, the media, and liberals, that's who.

Kaepernick vs Tebow... tale of the knees.

Kaepernick kneels for the anthem out on the field.
Tebow kneels in prayer out on the field.

Guess who liberals hate more.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
If that's the case, why even bring up Kapernick? What does Tebow have to do with him?
you don't have to go too far aound social media to see the two being mentioned together, as well. If he leaves out the CK part, it's really a just a jab at the Jags.