• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devin Bush on Tebow signing

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the truth is if we are all responding in this thread, I guess we do more than we want to admit.
True, true ... Let's try it this way. I'm interested in what he said and other board members reaction to what he said. But, not interested enough to dissect his tweet for racial overtones to label the kid a racist or radical, revolutionary race baiting .... football player. It is what it is at the end of the day. A tweet that has as much impact on your life as you let it have. This cancel culture **** on the left and right is getting kinda crazy.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, true. But maybe there should be. It would reduce some issues, that's for sure.

Wouldn't happen, otherwise the platform wouldn't exist.

I chalk it up to a young kid saying ignorant **** and that's the extent of it IMO. My main problem was he was sounding like he was laughing at the Jags when they typically hand the Steelers their ***** (in my original post, I included the specifics of those ***-handings).

paperclip

Reaction score
Remember when Tebow threw that winning touchdown against us?

Steelmann

Reaction score
Bush is not a child..

Im sure he knows what happens when a high profile athlete makes a controversial comment on a social media account..

If I may gripe a little...
It just gets harder and harder almost daily to care about this current group of Steelers..

if it isn’t juju with his juvenile antics and remarks, it’s our overrated never accomplished nothing in the nfl first round draft pick who is rehabbing a serious knee injury being more worried about ******* Tebow and Kapernick...

Maybe I’m just getting old and grouchy but damn I miss the Steeler football club players of years gone by..
I agree with your gripe, but will add......it’s just different times. Social media has changed the world we live in. The amount of $$$$$ involved has changed the athlete. A sense of entitlement, elitism. No accountability. Not to make this into a Tomlin bashing but sometimes it seems like no tough leadership. But in his defence you’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Our heroes from yesteryear would be no different in today’s football culture. I can’t imagine Bradshaw keeping his mouth shut on Twitter or Facebook or whatever. You can’t tell me that the boys from the 70’s didn’t drink & drive, beat woman,do drugs. Swept under the rug. In today’s world you get caught then the story is exploited to hundreds of millions in 10 seconds.
Live cameras everywhere.
It’s just different times

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
True, true ... Let's try it this way. I'm interested in what he said and other board members reaction to what he said. But, not interested enough to dissect his tweet for racial overtones to label the kid a racist or radical, revolutionary race baiting .... football player. It is what it is at the end of the day. A tweet that has as much impact on your life as you let it have. This cancel culture **** on the left and right is getting kinda crazy.

I know there are 4 pages on this thread, currently, with a considerable variation of narratives, including making more of Bush’s tweet than what it is (Thanks Coolie). To throw my clump of dirt to see if it sticks on the wall courteous of SNR, here is a nugget. Urban was Tebow’s college coach. Has kept in touch with him and his family since and are close. Tebow needs only three games on an active game roster to be eligible for his NFL pension. Reading between the lines here, Tebow is making a business decision and his old coach is rehabbing the culture and attitude for a franchise and fan base and knows Tebow is still revered in the area. So they think it’s a win/win for each of them.

Two points on this. Urban Meyer, someone needs to tell him “you arent coaching college kids”. Telbow won’t be more than a 3rd string TE if he makes the team.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Well, let's not forget the laughing emojis. So, who is he laughing at? Tebow? That makes no sense because Tebow got a job. So, it must be Kaepernick. Because he doesn't have a job. But then, that wouldn't be a racial issue. Hmmmm ... maybe he's laughing because he believes Kaepernick is a better QB than Tebow. But, that wouldn't be racial either. And, it ignores the fact that Tebow is trying out as a TE.
Quite a conundrum for those who wish to go down the rabbit hole.
Truthfully, it's a danged Tweet. To quote one the greatest philosophers of the last six years:
well the thought that anyone would give tebow another shot is laughable to me

diver

Reaction score
I would never label Bush as that, because I certainly don't think that. I guess my main point was, and I did a poor job of fleshing it out, was that it really was a dumb tweet because it made no sense, or it was about race. I don't know if there are any other options. I believe it was a dumb, no sense tweet.

That being said, geez, just think things out before you tweet. I think a simple thing would be make sure it makes sense.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I would never label Bush as that, because I certainly don't think that. I guess my main point was, and I did a poor job of fleshing it out, was that it really was a dumb tweet because it made no sense, or it was about race. I don't know if there are any other options. I believe it was a dumb, no sense tweet.

That being said, geez, just think things out before you tweet. I think a simple thing would be make sure it makes sense.
Think things out? On Twitter?
You're right, it would make sense if people would do that. But, mostly they don't. And, after seeing some of the things people are doing in response to this alleged gas shortage ... I'm starting to wonder if the common sense gene has started go dormant in the human race in general.
184349111_3812942335499290_7329268579063183362_n.jpg

diver

Reaction score
Think things out? On Twitter?
You're right, it would make sense if people would do that. But, mostly they don't. And, after seeing some of the things people are doing in response to this alleged gas shortage ... I'm starting to wonder if the common sense gene has started go dormant in the human race in general.
184349111_3812942335499290_7329268579063183362_n.jpg
Yeah...well, ****, I never tweeted in my life. I don't know the first thing about it. So I guess I don't understand the concept. I laughed at that picture. I have heard of people filling trash bags with gas. Trash bags.

Another observation. Yoga pants are a great fashion item that some people should not be allowed to wear. If I was king for a day I'd make that rule.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I know there are 4 pages on this thread, currently, with a considerable variation of narratives, including making more of Bush’s tweet than what it is (Thanks Coolie). To throw my clump of dirt to see if it sticks on the wall courteous of SNR, here is a nugget. Urban was Tebow’s college coach. Has kept in touch with him and his family since and are close. Tebow needs only three games on an active game roster to be eligible for his NFL pension. Reading between the lines here, Tebow is making a business decision and his old coach is rehabbing the culture and attitude for a franchise and fan base and knows Tebow is still revered in the area. So they think it’s a win/win for each of them.

Two points on this. Urban Meyer, someone needs to tell him “you arent coaching college kids”. Telbow won’t be more than a 3rd string TE if he makes the team.

Always practical, well-reasoned/thoughtful stuff.

And Coolie is a d-bag. Just throwing that out there as well. :p

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, thank you for clarifying your statement.
Other than that, it seems we don't have any reason to continue this particular sub-topic to this thread. You've made your point, I've made mine (which, I'm glad you find amusing given football-player turned TV host, turned analyst, turned actor considered for The Bachelor, turned 5 time author, turned middling minor league baseball player, TEBOW'S almost constant media presence.)
Please do note that I never claimed Kaepernick wasn't a media ***** too. And, Have A Fantastic Day!
Yeah, those damn middling minor league baseball players are always clamoring for national media attention. :yo:

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

Good theory, Ike. By far the most cogent post in this thread.

mdk2

Reaction score

He’s made $10mil in 3-4 years he was in the NFL. You really think he’s doing this to get a NFL pension? He has more than enough money especially when including his other endeavors.

Tebow is an athlete and from what I read, he put in a ton of time and effort into trying to switch positions. Also is in great shape. The amount of hate for a dude given a tryout is unreal lol.

Only controversial thing Tebow has done is kneel to thank God after a TD... weird how nobody had a problem with some clown “calling God” after a TD though. Meanwhile, the one kneeling lived that kinda life and the one “calling” is a piece of ****.

Last edited:

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
If there was a functioning sports media and not just a bunch of wannabe political activists, they would point out the obvious. The Jags just drafted Trevor Lawrence as the future of the franchise. Tim Tebow knows Urban Meyer's offense better than anybody. Tebow can help Lawrnce learn the system.

Honestly, it would be crazy for Jax NOT to sign Tebow in some capacity. Let him try his hand at TE while also helping Lawrence learn the offense.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand this linking of Tebow and Kap.

Except they both got blackballed for kneeling...

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
If you talk **** about a ****** player, on a ****** squad for a **** franchise does this quadruple negative become a positive?

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't understand this linking of Tebow and Kap.

Except they both got blackballed for kneeling...

No, Tebow is out of football for not being a great qb. He was/is maligned for his lilly white christian outward demeanor.

Kapernick is out of football for not being a great qb. He wanted more money than he was worth. and walked. The kneeling didnt help his return, but neither was it the reason he is out of football. If Pat Mahomes was kneeling for the anthem. It wouldnt be an issue other than the PR.

The linking of Tebow to kapernick is race. One brought in well beyond what most people think the point of relevance for a TE. The other left out for only wearing Pig police socks, and kneeling for the anthem,, oh and hes half black.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
He’s made $10mil in 3-4 years he was in the NFL. You really think he’s doing this to get a NFL pension? He has more than enough money especially when including his other endeavors.

Tebow is an athlete and from what I read, he put in a ton of time and effort into trying to switch positions. Also is in great shape. The amount of hate for a dude given a tryout is unreal lol.

Only controversial thing Tebow has done is kneel to thank God after a TD... weird how nobody had a problem with some clown “calling God” after a TD though. Meanwhile, the one kneeling lived that kinda life and the one “calling” is a piece of ****.

NFL pension includes healthcare coverage for the rest of his life….and that type of coverage isn’t like what’s available on the Marketplace or even from your own employer. So no, he’s not doing it just for the extra yearly salary.

No hate from me. Tebow, outside of one playoff game, I think he is a good person trying to do some positive things with his celebrity status.

If Tebow’s touchdown celebration was controversial, then why hasn’t players who point “above” ridiculed? Ben is one of them, so are a half dozen skill players who score touchdowns?

mdk2

Reaction score
NFL pension includes healthcare coverage for the rest of his life….and that type of coverage isn’t like what’s available on the Marketplace or even from your own employer. So no, he’s not doing it just for the extra yearly salary.

No hate from me. Tebow, outside of one playoff game, I think he is a good person trying to do some positive things with his celebrity status.

If Tebow’s touchdown celebration was controversial, then why hasn’t players who point “above” ridiculed? Ben is one of them, so are a half dozen skill players who score touchdowns?
That's not accurate at all. Pension players get health insurance for 5 years after their retirement, no more. After that they are subject to the marketplace just like everyone else.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
That's not accurate at all. Pension players get health insurance for 5 years after their retirement, no more. After that they are subject to the marketplace just like everyone else.
Nope. There is no 5 year limitation after being a vested retired player. Plus I never said the coverage was free, they would still pay premiums. The access to care they would have is tremendous, particularly orthopedic and neurological treatment centers specifically.