• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devin Bush Still Being Held Out of Competition; Wants 100% of Snaps in 2021

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It’s no mystery that the Pittsburgh Steelers stumbled down the stretch in 2020. From starting the season 11-0, to ending the season 1-6 including a Wild Card playoff loss to the Cleveland Browns, most of Steeler Nation would pinpoint the problem being the predictable passing game, and the lackluster rushing attack. What is highly overlooked though in my opinion, was the incredible amount of injuries the team suffered, specifically on the defensive side of the ball in the second half of the season. This included DT Tyson Alualu (sprained MCL), LB Bud Dupree (torn ACL), LB Vince Williams (COVID), LB Robert Spillane (knee), CB Mike Hilton (shoulder), and CB Joe Haden (COVID) just to name a few. Each player missed multiple games, and it showed.

Arguably the most important piece of that group not mentioned above is 2019 first round NFL Draft pick, Devin Bush. Like Dupree, Bush also tore his ACL. It was in Week 5 in a blowout win over the Browns.

Bush was named to the All-Rookie Team in 2019, having an incredible year. He recorded 109 tackles (most in Steelers history by a rookie), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 4 fumble recoveries, 2 interceptions, and 1 defensive touchdown. He also earned himself the Joe Greene Great Performance Award which is given to the Steelers top rookie each season. Bush was looking to build on these achievements in 2020 until his season was cut short.

Fast forward and we’re already into the second week of Organized Team Activities (OTA’s) for the upcoming 2021 NFL season. Bush is back on the field but not yet participating in full competition with his teammates. That’s not deterring him though from being 100% ready come Week 1.

“I’m ready for it,” Bush said Wednesday, via the Associated Press. “It’s definitely something I’m going to have to adjust to coming off injury. But I’m looking forward to playing 100% of the snaps.”

So far, all signs continue to point towards Bush being 100% come September.

Check out more from Steelers Twitter and what Bush had to say Wednesday about the latest on his recovery:

.@_Dbush11 is back at it
💪

Full
🎥
: https://t.co/8C2i3LbEJw pic.twitter.com/Lox6TxiBIg

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) June 10, 2021

Are yinz excited to see Bush back on the field in 2021? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
That D is going to need him healthy being down two corners he will probably have to cover more...

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
YOU dang right I want our 1st round pick back on the field of play. I think he is being a little unrealistic about 100% of the defensive snaps. I'd like it to be more in the high 80's (gotta have a breather occasionally).

Right now he needs to get 100% healthy **** the participation mini camp award.

Salute the nation