• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devin Bush

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
it was a while back, you did not say "i don't watch Steeler games" but we were discussing a Steeler game and you had all sorts of opinions and when you were questioned about something you said "well I didn't see the game"

I am not the only one that remembers it

I agree with you that your game comments are an opinion....I have major issues with describing them as accurate
I remember that.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Bush started off the game as well as he's played all year. That play seemed to have disappeared in the second half.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I saw him make a couple of good plays in the 1st half and then I kinda quit paying attention. I did see him get juked to the ground on a 3rd or 4th down play, but we still managed to get the stop.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Bush just does not have it anymore
far as Butler this is what Tomlin wants a no name non recognizable coaches. whomever teaches tackling should be fired, receiver coach not making anyone a threat, secondary is not good, this is what we get no name coaches only Tomlin is recognized on the sidelines.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Before his injury he was doing well against the run particularly to the outside which had been hurting us. I think his problem against the run inside right now is twofold, he is still tentative and he is getting guys on the second level due to injuries on the line. the youngsters on the d line are not eating up blockers and he gets lost in the wash. Hopefully both of those things will get better. I don’t dispute he has issue covering the middle but even there he was showing flashes of what he could do. He was much better than the other LBs though when covering the backs in the flats. All of our guys have struggled covering the middle of the field.
All of our guys weren't top ten picks. Dallas got an immediate impact player at inside linebacker in this year's draft in Micah Parsons, with the twelve pick.

I'm getting tired of hoping Bush will get better. It should have happened already. Showing flashes isn't enough.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
He’s no Shazier, but he’s the speedier sideline to sideline option. He’s too small to be a thumper
Bush can have all the sideline to sideline speed in the world, but its usefulness is negated without good instincts.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
All of our guys weren't top ten picks. Dallas got an immediate impact player at inside linebacker in this year's draft in Micah Parsons, with the twelve pick.

I'm getting tired of hoping Bush will get better. It should have happened already. Showing flashes isn't enough.
If he hadn't been injured he was well on his way last year. I am cutting him some slack simply because of the injury. He improved last week even. Might as well relax and see what he does this year as we can't do much about it until the next year anyway.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
If he hadn't been injured he was well on his way last year. I am cutting him some slack simply because of the injury. He improved last week even. Might as well relax and see what he does this year as we can't do much about it until the next year anyway.
He wasn't "well on his way" last year, though. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Bush had 2 half sacks, 0 tackles for loss, and a 99 QB rating against in pass coverage during his five healthy games last year. Nothing special at all to see there.

It's hard to relax when I still see the Steelers taking Bush out of the game on passing downs in favor of Robert Spillane. Seems ***-backward to me, given the supposed strengths of those two players.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You said, "hindwisery" LMAO!!!

Well with Coach, he is wise after the fact or once it has already happened.

....Hind sight
+ know it all
--------------------
Hindwisery

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
All of our guys wern't top ten picks. Dallas got an immediate impact player at inside linebacker in this year's draft in Micah Parsons, with the twelve pick.

That's an aspect that many see to forget. We very seldom get a top ten pick with out a trade of some kind.

Pretty amazing what and how competitive our FO can keep us even though we draft around 20-ish year in and year out.

Injury or not, currently Bush is not living up to expectations. Maybe a little more time will help, I hope so because he was rather expensive "trade " cost wise.

Salute the nation

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
He looked good last game until the stupid overrun in the td play

steelreeling

Reaction score
He wasn't "well on his way" last year, though. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Bush had 2 half sacks, 0 tackles for loss, and a 99 QB rating against in pass coverage during his five healthy games last year. Nothing special at all to see there.

It's hard to relax when I still see the Steelers taking Bush out of the game on passing downs in favor of Robert Spillane. Seems ***-backward to me, given the supposed strengths of those two players.
it had looked - and it still does - like he already lost a half step from his rookie year. TEs always seem to get behind him, and i've seen the ball just float over his outstretched hand many more times than i'd ever want.

Don't get me wrong. Bush is no Vince or Spillane; getting beat like a chunky monkey on crossers by a country mile.

But i would have traded him at the deadline this year (for another piece WR, OG, OT, TE, or CB) because Shobert has looked great in coverage at times and been just a tenth of a second too late at times this year. But by far, by an incredible margin, Shobert is the absolute best coverage LBer Steelers ever had. [1990-2021]

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
it had looked - and it still does - like he already lost a half step from his rookie year. TEs always seem to get behind him, and i've seen the ball just float over his outstretched hand many more times than i'd ever want.

Don't get me wrong. Bush is no Vince or Spillane; getting beat like a chunky monkey on crossers by a country mile.

But i would have traded him at the deadline this year (for another piece WR, OG, OT, TE, or CB) because Shobert has looked great in coverage at times and been just a tenth of a second too late at times this year. But by far, by an incredible margin, Shobert is the absolute best coverage LBer Steelers ever had. [1990-2021]
Jack Ham says hello..