• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devin Bush

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
so my option is slow,,, vs swept up in the wash and no tackle made.. and look like youre afraid to tackle.... ?

Ill take slow.

Bince was left into coverage way to often, opposing teams schemed that matchup. Bush definately needs to step up in the run game. Bince replacing Devon would not fix the problem but just change it.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm giving Bush until next year when he is fully healed and hopefully we see why we drafted him.. He showed flashes as a rookie prior to get injured in his 2nd year and then having injuries this year as well. I am not sure when they have to decide on his 5th year but right now there is no way you do that. Other than the flashes as a rookie, we have very little to go on with him as he is still recovering as ACL'S typically take that full next season (this season) to heal. Hopefully, he make a huge leap next year and we can sign him to his 5th-year option and go from there. If he still doesn't show enough next year, then like Edmunds, don't sign the 5th year option.

THIS

Patience at what expense ? He's a first round pick so Tomlin & Co. are not going to cut him or sit him. In their eyes they see him every day and must see something positive happening. I'm in no way defending him and his play but sometimes the player needs time wether healing or figuring it out. I personally think we reached (even at the time of draft) but this is what we got so lets see if he developes.

I think they 5th year decision has to be made next season so it will be a gamble and determined to a degree on this season's play so currently it would be a NO. Let's see what second half season brings.

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
butler needs to fukn answer as to why he keeps assigning linebackers to defend wrs. this has been going on for years!!!! its stupid and doesn't produce any positive results. the definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results! if I was one of our linebackers id smack him in the head with a helmet maybe loosen things up! they are chewing up our linebackers and safeties on third downs... horrible. they had Schubert defending the Las Vegas wr-te probably best receiver in football in the slot on key third downs! geez butler hasn't learned nothing after having gronkowski and Brady killing us for years! we have problems with TEs since butler has taken over defense so what do we do?? we drat a 5-11 inside linebacker! that has to sit on bench cuz he suks! he's like Biden doesn't even know what TE we are facing game day!!! GEEZUS
In the Denver game Miller was on Claypool when he had his big play. I would assume the reason why is the defensive package they have on the field at any given time. It happens to all defenses. Not just ours.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In the Denver game Miller was on Claypool when he had his big play. I would assume the reason why is the defensive package they have on the field at any given time. It happens to all defenses. Not just ours.

I hear yaz stillwrite but another thing to consider is how OLD our scheme is. We seem to be more seseptable to the LB on WR syndrone due to our "D" being more figured out than others. Dick L. was around a long time and we are still using his "D" for th most part.

I wanted outside organization brought in for DC when DL retired. Promoting from within as we did just extended the old scheme.

We know what we've got as is and currently with as many high picks on this unit it seems to thrive but we also know what happens when we have less high picks participating. NOT every defensive unit should require 8-10 first round picks to succeed.

Part is scheme and part is Coaching.

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Apparently we arent the only ones noticing bush's play or lack thereof.

Derrick
@Steelers_DB
·
22h

Imagine taking a linebacker at #10 overall that you have to take off the field in sub packages for Robert Spillane.

There you go. A nobody in Splillane does some thnigs better. Bush can't fight off blocks or cover worth a darn.

Last edited:

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
There you go. A nobody in Splillane does some thins better. Bush can't fight off blocks or cover worth a damn.
Bush is dealing with a groin. When he's back, he's the dime backer.

Watch him closely this week having 2 weeks off to rest. That is if you watch games...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Bush is dealing with a groin. When he's back, he's the dime backer.

Watch him closely this week having 2 weeks off to rest. That is if you watch games...
I'll have you know cooch watched YouTube highlights and stands by his opinion.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Bush week 1 vs Buffalo:

10 tackles and helped shut down the top O in the AFC in their house. That was the healthiest he's been all season.

I swear you guys have the memory of a goldfish around these parts at times...

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Bush week 1 vs Buffalo:

10 tackles and helped shut down the top O in the AFC in their house. That was the healthiest he's been all season.

I swear you guys have the memory of a goldfish around these parts at times...
Sorry, I can't get past the images of him dancing around piles and failing to shed blocks, last game.. With the teams apparent confidence in spillane, why would they trot out a 80% bush if it so clearly is causing his terrible play? If I give you the benefit of the doubt cope, then Jerry O., Butler and Tomlin are simply idiots.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't get past the images of him dancing around piles and failing to shed blocks, last game.. With the teams apparent confidence in spillane, why would they trot out a 80% bush if it so clearly is causing his terrible play? If I give you the benefit of the doubt cope, then Jerry O., Butler and Tomlin are simply idiots.
well an 80% Bush is likely better than Spillane, but may not be able to do certain things and that is when Spillane comes in

A healthy Bush is a very good football player.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
So you're saying that even a damaged bush is better than none at all?
No, Spillaine played the best game at that position all season when he started for Bush vs Cinci. I'd rather have Spillaine start and work Bush back slowly. Looks like they only do that for dime packages though...

I'm just not part of the Bush is trash club.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't write bush off either, if indeed he is injured. This bye week will help and I'm sure a lot of eyes will be on his play on the field. I hope he is healthy because he is pretty good when able to fly but sucks when winged.

Salute the nation

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
despite the's numbers let Butler go and install a 4-3 Watt can easily kick in as a both DE and stand up OLB and bush can play any LB spot in a 4-3 you can see if Buddy ifs a capable mack. As well go after some shorter and quicker gap shooting DT's.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I watch the games. Aside from, a tipped ball his way, Bush has sone very little.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I don't understand how Spillane could possibly have better skills in Dime than Schobert or Bush unless he has no pass responsibility whatsoever. His coverage has been brutal. When he had pass coverage late last year and into preseason the play became clear out and go to whoever he had coverage on.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bush is soft

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
If Bush were ever healthy we’d have an idea of what we have...with the unhealthy Bush we’ve seen week in and week out we’re just left guessing what VD it is out there on the field. They say one of the best abilities is availability, and his score on this ability is subpar at best thus far.

Hoping for clean, healthy Bush in the future😎

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
watching highlights doesn't count
Niether do your comments. If course I watch the full game and also rewinds some select plays. I'm a football junkie.