• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devin Bust

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

MB47

Reaction score
Ok if you haven't already seen the Devin Bush press conference you should really watch it. It is on Steelers.com. the questions were basically ****** savage. There was no Mike Tomlin tip toe. They went at him hard and every question was the quality of his play. I'm really surprised he was able to keep his composure. Obviously, the comment about his team mates play doesn't look good optically. Neither does the fact that he doesn't seem to know that they play Tennessee next. But I'd really like to see the Pittsburgh media ask questions like that to Tomlin.
Tomlin is too stupid to answer real questions. He always has he prepared quotes full of bullshit that he thinks are clever. A real media like New York would have outed this piece of **** years ago instead of letting him skate on his ****** coaching unchallenged and arrogantly condescending. You can bet USC is thrilled they got a real coach instead of this stupid *******

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Oh and Watt, Ben, Heyward, DJ, Harris, and Boz are all playing well up to their potential. I could name at least another 7 guys who are playing close or at.
Freiermuth

Moore
Green
Okorafor
Wormley
Mondeaux
Witherspoon

All these guys are playing to their potential. Most just aren’t very good.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Moore has been up and down but he has at least show that he has enough ability to be a decent starter in the future. Worst case, he should be a quality backup.

Green is the concern. Yeah, he's athletic but he just may be too damn small. He needs to hit the weight room. All his ability to pull means nothing if you can just put a fat guy over him and push him back.

Those are the 2 guys the steelers intended to start so they have the biggest expectation. Wormley may never be great but he may become a good rotation guy. Same with Witherspoon. At least he seems to have some ball skills.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Green should be fine. The rookies come in without being able to do much in terms of strength and really getting ready for the NFL. They are so focused on getting good numbers and getting drafted as high as possible. He has some decent technique but needs to improve. His biggest area where I think he can and will improve is in the weight room. I don't think bull rushes will be nearly the problem next year as they were this year.

I also said it before, the same goes for Bush. He said alot of his problem was mental. Shazier said that was probably part of the problem. It's obvious Bush still hasn't come to terms with everything. But, all last year and offseason, he was rehabbing and NOT really working on his craft to improve. That was put to the side so he could just get back to the team. I think with this offseason, he will be able to once again focus on his craft and make a big leap in how he looks on the field. Will he ever meet the pick 10 expectations? I have my doubts but he can still be a good starter for us - just probably not an all-pro.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Freiermuth

Moore
Green
Okorafor
Wormley
Mondeaux
Witherspoon

I think Moore has room for growth, Green needs an off-season in the weight room to better evaluate. If a certain C is sitting there in the draft I take that leap. Other than that I agree.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I get what people are saying about Green in the weight room. Which would help I'm sure. But here is another thing. I long snapped on our rec team forever (final year this year having played since '88). In the last couple years the sequence of my snap got out of line. Something I used to do in my sleep began to require concentration or it got terrible. Now if Green needs to think about the snap. Even a little the DT is on him and he is on the back of his feet instead of anchored. And when that happens you are getting walked back for sure.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Tomlin is too stupid to answer real questions. He always has he prepared quotes full of bullshit that he thinks are clever. A real media like New York would have outed this piece of **** years ago instead of letting him skate on his ****** coaching unchallenged and arrogantly condescending. You can bet USC is thrilled they got a real coach instead of this stupid *******

vinyl-records-record-collection.gif

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I get what people are saying about Green in the weight room. Which would help I'm sure. But here is another thing. I long snapped on our rec team forever (final year this year having played since '88). In the last couple years the sequence of my snap got out of line. Something I used to do in my sleep began to require concentration or it got terrible. Now if Green needs to think about the snap. Even a little the DT is on him and he is on the back of his feet instead of anchored. And when that happens you are getting walked back for sure.
True which is why I am not locked in with him being the future C. Last night's game reminded me of what teams could look like with sound free agent decisions and coaches. Not sure I trust their eval on Green with how early they threw him into the fire being a conversion project. Better they bring in a C or draft one high to cover for their possible error.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
True which is why I am not locked in with him being the future C. Last night's game reminded me of what teams could look like with sound free agent decisions and coaches. Not sure I trust their eval on Green with how early they threw him into the fire being a conversion project. Better they bring in a C or draft one high to cover for their possible error.
I agree. If it's a snap issue and he has blocking/pulling skills bring in a real centre and repurpose him at guard.

MB47

Reaction score
Looks like he might be preoccupied with getting bull rushed and rushing his snaps.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I think Moore has room for growth, Green needs an off-season in the weight room to better evaluate. If a certain C is sitting there in the draft I take that leap. Other than that I agree.
They certainly do, but we are talking right now, not in a year or two. I listened to a segment on The Fan and the disconnect between veterans like Ben and Cam versus most of the roster and that is the team lacks a middle class. We don’t have of those guys who are just solid football players like Foster, Williams, etc.

livingthrudying

Reaction score
Moore has been up and down but he has at least show that he has enough ability to be a decent starter in the future. Worst case, he should be a quality backup.

Green is the concern. Yeah, he's athletic but he just may be too damn small. He needs to hit the weight room. All his ability to pull means nothing if you can just put a fat guy over him and push him back.

Those are the 2 guys the steelers intended to start so they have the biggest expectation. Wormley may never be great but he may become a good rotation guy. Same with Witherspoon. At least he seems to have some ball skills.
Green just is not a center. THis reeks of another Tomlin (we can convert him, just like edmunds) idea. The guy played 3 games at center his entire career before coming here and was always a guard.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok if you haven't already seen the Devin Bush press conference you should really watch it. It is on Steelers.com. the questions were basically ****** savage. There was no Mike Tomlin tip toe. They went at him hard and every question was the quality of his play. I'm really surprised he was able to keep his composure. Obviously, the comment about his team mates play doesn't look good optically. Neither does the fact that he doesn't seem to know that they play Tennessee next. But I'd really like to see the Pittsburgh media ask questions like that to Tomlin.

Yeah saw that and it was savage, but rightfully so IMO. Some of his either being a statue or just straight dogging it on plays would have a guy like Ryan Clark likely throwing blows. Wish they were like that with Cool Shades and Matt Canada. Don't ever trust a guy from Canada or with that word in his name. Kidding Sask, Paul, Con etc.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
They certainly do, but we are talking right now, not in a year or two. I listened to a segment on The Fan and the disconnect between veterans like Ben and Cam versus most of the roster and that is the team lacks a middle class. We don’t have of those guys who are just solid football players like Foster, Williams, etc.

Yeah I think it's past time watching Green and for them to be planning on looking at another Center.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yeah saw that and it was savage, but rightfully so IMO. Some of his either being a statue or just straight dogging it on plays would have a guy like Ryan Clark likely throwing blows. Wish they were like that with Cool Shades and Matt Canada. Don't ever trust a guy from Canada or with that word in his name. Kidding Sask, Paul, Con etc.
It was in line with his play. I just wished they would hardball it with Tomlin, Canada, Butler. Like how the **** could the DC skate this long without definitively answering who calls defense out there. Cause if he doesn't call he is not the DC in my opinion.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It was in line with his play. I just wished they would hardball it with Tomlin, Canada, Butler. Like how the **** could the DC skate this long without definitively answering who calls defense out there. Cause if he doesn't call he is not the DC in my opinion.

THIS is a no-brainer but I'm sure the Tomlin has it set up as to how far the question can go before you don't get asked back to ask questions.

I wouldn't be asked back if I was one of the reporters.

Salute the nation

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who was the center that was so bad? Mahan? Something like that? We had him for 1 year I think and he and another guard were absolute turnstyles. Was there a "Todd" at guard?

Anyway, Green is in serious danger of being the worst Steeler center since THAT guy and he may even be as bad...

MB47

Reaction score
No Todd Fordham was a tackle

Reactions: wig

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who was the awful center? Mahan? Something like that.

Found it. Sean Mahan.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Freiermuth

Moore
Green
Okorafor
Wormley
Mondeaux
Witherspoon

Everyone has their ceiling, including the coaches.