• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devin Bust

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
without Tuitt and Tyson, he hasn't gotten much help to get clear lanes at the RB, blitzing on the delay his speed has been deadly, Need to blitz him more, can try Gilbert in coverage he was drafted to play coverage in nickel and dime.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Trade him to the Lions next year for whatever they will give...that’s where he belongs

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
2 tackles yesterday

i'm old enough to remember being told that number of tackles didnt matter. yet, in BusT's case...

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
He had his best hit of the season on a meaningless 3rd down play, with the Ravens deep in their own territory, to end the first half! I was like, “where is that type of play when it really matters???”

that was the only actual play he made so apparently to make an aggressive play at the line, Bush needs to know for a fact that it will be a normal run play with no chance of a pass or misdirection and he has to have a straight, unblocked path and then he can make a play.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Play after play after play Bush is just a guy out there taking up space. Never in the right spot, never arriving at the right speed, never taking the right angle, never exerting his will on blockers or ball carriers. Consequently, the Steelers played almost an entire game with 10 defenders on the field. With Spillane coming off the Covid list today, the Steelers should shelve Bush or demote him to special teams. From this moment on, it should be Joe Schoebert out there with some combination of Spillane/Buddy Johnson and Gilbert/Allen. Bush looked promising his rookie year, has never been the same since the injury. No heart, no fire, no desire. He's had ample opportunity to turn things around. Best to cut our losses and move on.

Chicoman

Reaction score
Play after play after play Bush is just a guy out there taking up space. Never in the right spot, never arriving at the right speed, never taking the right angle, never exerting his will on blockers or ball carriers. Consequently, the Steelers played almost an entire game with 10 defenders on the field. With Spillane coming off the Covid list today, the Steelers should shelve Bush or demote him to special teams. From this moment on, it should be Joe Schoebert out there with some combination of Spillane/Buddy Johnson and Gilbert/Allen. Bush looked promising his rookie year, has never been the same since the injury. No heart, no fire, no desire. He's had ample opportunity to turn things around. Best to cut our losses and move on.

Exactly This! Bush plays with no heart, no fire, no intensity! He's out there just to collect a paycheck. If you were to compare effort between TJ Watt 100% Devin Bust 0.2% He's the Kent Dorfman of the Defense!

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't offer him his 5th year either. I'd make him prove himself but he may hightail it out of here if he does. I think like most ACL's (I've said this before multiple times but threads on Bush keep popping up), it takes a year to get back on the field but most players say it takes up to 3 years (or more) to get back to where you were. And, like Ben with his elbow, Bush was rehabbing since the injury, he was not working on his craft or on improving. He was rehabbing. That is why Ben's arm got tired at the end of last year because he was throwing so much trying to rehab but not improve his craft. If Bush stays healthy and gets to work on his craft this offseason, I fully expect him to be much improved come next year. Will he end up being worth moving up in the 1st round? Maybe, maybe not but if he does improve next year, he will, more than likely sign somewhere else. So, we can pretty much count on needing to sign and draft 2 ILB starters as Spillane is mostly a backup and Schobert isn't as good as we had hoped he would be. He's really not been much better than Bush.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Bush is starting to make me wonder who the better LB was Bush or Jarvis...never thought I’d say that.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
i could make at least one good play in a 60 min game and im over 50.......
And it would have been totally worth it as they wheel you off the field in a cart. You might be able to give a thumbs up so everyone knows you have movement in your extremities, but even if you couldn't, totally worth it.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Hope it is just his knee and not his head. We have way too many damn holes to fill on this team going into the next year to worry about having to replace him.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Hope it is just his knee and not his head. We have way too many damn holes to fill on this team going into the next year to worry about having to replace him.

Well ****, its not like we cant get a guy off the street to do the same thing. The Kuntz kid playing long snapper from Duquesne is probably better than Devon Bush.

Chicoman

Reaction score
Bush is starting to make me wonder who the better LB was Bush or Jarvis...never thought I’d say that.
I'll say this Javis just didn't have the skills to play OLB at an NFL level. He certainly gave the effort required. Devin Bush is effort can best be described as Lackluster, Heartless and minimal at best although I really see a punk kid who is just there to collect a paycheck. He shows no effort on that football field to engage an Offensive player or ball carrier.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Schobert isn't as good as we had hoped he would be. He's really not been much better than Bush.
No, Schobert isn't as good as we'd hoped. But he does lead the team with 84 tackles, or 31 more than Bush. Plus he has 5 passes defended to Bush's 1. Yes, Devin Bush has defended ONE pass this entire season.

To say that Schobert hasn't been much better than Bush is ridiculous. Schobert has been average. Bush sucks.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
If Bush stays healthy and gets to work on his craft this offseason, I fully expect him to be much improved come next year. Will he end up being worth moving up in the 1st round? Maybe...
Keep dreaming.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Why keep him an extra year his heart and mind is not into the game
A lot of money invested to not at least see if he can gain some of that burst back post injury. If he doesn't show a glimpse of improvement then you ship him off.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
To where?
410+7lTUQEL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I'll say this Javis just didn't have the skills to play OLB at an NFL level. He certainly gave the effort required. Devin Bush is effort can best be described as Lackluster, Heartless and minimal at best although I really see a punk kid who is just there to collect a paycheck. He shows no effort on that football field to engage an Offensive player or ball carrier.
When they drafted Jarvis I said then that because of his spinal stenosis (I have an uncle with it) he'd never be able to lift enough to bulk up enough to be adequate as an NFL player, and I was right. I will do Colbert's job for 75% of his salary.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
When they drafted Jarvis I said then that because of his spinal stenosis (I have an uncle with it) he'd never be able to lift enough to bulk up enough to be adequate as an NFL player, and I was right. I will do Colbert's job for 75% of his salary.
K start with AR bring in a run stuffing NT and a SS.😁