• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dez Bryant...?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
He’s looking to play again.... OSU connection.

He can return kicks.

Is he worth a chance? Maybe take some pressure off JuJu

Stoney

Reaction score
He can return kicks? Won't he break a hip?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've said it many times, they should have brought him in for a big time workout - see what he can do. Even if he lost a step from his peak, he is still way better than Holton and Switzer. He would be cheap and an instant upgrade. We're not looking for an all pro, we're looking for a legit WR that can get open and catch the damn ball.

milkman dan

Reaction score
Stick with JuJu, Dionte, and Washington. Bringing in a vet at this point will only disrupt what little progress and cohesion they've made as a unit.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see any harm in kicking the tires and seeing what he can do. But the Steelers aren't going to bring him in for a workout, so the point is moot.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We have capable returners on the roster it's just our coaching staff is either incapable or flat out missing on identifying them. ST is below the standard for a reason and when you add up allotted little coaching thingy's, it's obvious what needs to be done.

Salute the nation

43Hitman

Contributor
Reaction score
We have capable returners on the roster it's just our coaching staff is either incapable or flat out missing on identifying them. ST is below the standard for a reason and when you add up allotted little coaching thingy's, it's obvious what needs to be done.

Salute the nation

yep, fire Hubba Bubba

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hard pass. If had anything left, he'd be playing somewhere already.

Not sure if he has worked out for anyone. He was coming off an injury. I mean bringing him in for a workout couldn't hurt....

43Hitman

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if he has worked out for anyone. He was coming off an injury. I mean bringing him in for a workout couldn't hurt....

I guess it wouldn't hurt. Personally I've never been a fan of his. One of my close buddies is a Cowgirl fan so I was able to get a lot more insight on what that guy brings to the table. He doesn't work hard, was late to practice a lot, gives up on routes when he knows the ball isn't coming his way, and doesn't block downfield for the running game.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm always for kicking tires and the worse that can happen you've spend travel money to get him here and back. Only thing is if they did sign him I would hope it would be at Swtz's expense and not some other player. Switz has had time in the system and we know what he is whereas Holton should be kept if not only to find out more of his potential.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
yep, fire Hubba Bubba

ST stats and ratings are VERY scuerd du to field / defensive stands / etc. our's is currently 17th but when you watch the games it's obvious they are very lacking. FG & EXtraPs obscure rankings and our kicker is extrordinary in those regards. When you look at return yards / per return well that's a whole Nother look.

Danny Bubbles should have been replace long ago and last year mid-season as well to current. Sorry but patience has long ran its course, kind of like the Joey Porter incident.

Salute the nation

mdk2

Reaction score
I'd bring him in just to see what he has left.. if we haven't signed another WR by now though, I don't see it happening.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
absolutely not. he was slow as molasses his last year in dallas, and he doesn't have a reputation for playing hard to the whistle. we need young guys who are hungry to make a name for themselves, not some old, washed up has-been.

Last edited:

Steelerfan

Reaction score
I've said it many times, they should have brought him in for a big time workout - see what he can do. Even if he lost a step from his peak, he is still way better than Holton and Switzer. He would be cheap and an instant upgrade. We're not looking for an all pro, we're looking for a legit WR that can get open and catch the damn ball.

So what you're really saying is......

He'd look good in black & gold, wasn't used properly in Dallas. Would probably sign for vet minimum......

Muddler

Reaction score
Welcome to your newest NE Cheatriot!

SteveA

Reaction score
Been no interest in him by anyone ALL YEAR...Ship has sailed

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No interest in him because he took himself off the market due to his achilles tear last year right after he signed with New Orleans. If he passes a physical and a tough workout, some team will pick him up heading toward the end of the season.