• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Does Fort Playing for Baltimore Affect Our Comp Pick?

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
When Eagles released Fort I heard, we would lose our Comp pick unless we release a free agent we signed before week 10.
Does anyone know if Fort signing with Baltimore changes that?

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
KISS method..
The only decision that needs to be made by the Steelers is if they believe Montcrief adds more value to the team than a third round pick?

With us giving up our number one..I think the answer is easy

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Altough it was just 2 games that moncrief looked like crap, hopefully after catching 1 should boast his morale, and next year with a healthy ben as a se he should be fine, or the trips they can mix and match between who will run to the outside between him and jhonson. With our cap situation we wont pony up cash for a wr draft is only area to look.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Altough it was just 2 games that moncrief looked like crap, hopefully after catching 1 should boast his morale, and next year with a healthy ben as a se he should be fine, or the trips they can mix and match between who will run to the outside between him and jhonson. With our cap situation we wont pony up cash for a wr draft is only area to look.

Cap situations in the nfl are liquid as long as you have big contract guys you expect to keep... renegotiate guys who are locked on the squad and make their current year of the deal all signing bonus or workout bonus money and kick that can down the road

milkman dan

Reaction score
The question was does fort subsequently signing with Baltimore affect the situation. Everything I see says no. So, we are still in danger of losing the pick spot since he did not stick with Philly.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. I misunderstood the question.