• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Down go the Bills

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Defense was great today. They kept the team in it during the dismal 1st half for the offense

Ingram was a great pick up

Watt is awesome

Secondary played very well today

Ben looked shaky in the first half, couple of terrible passes on 3rd downs

Offense as a whole was way ******* better in the 2nd half

Najee showed a few sparks, Claypool, Johnson and even Ebron with big catches

Great ******* start to the season

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, BUT Ben brought us back in the 2nd half. One missed short pass to Najee but other than that some great passes in the 2nd half.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Great game overall. Didn't think they had it after the first half. What are injuries. Saw Ingram go out near the end.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Why can’t we do more sets (maybe I missed them bc they were blocking) with two TEs and or a FB? I think NH just needs a step outside our line and he is off. Plus both our TEs are good receivers….well when Enron wants to catch it. Lol.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Defense was great today. They kept the team in it during the dismal 1st half for the offense

Ingram was a great pick up

Watt is awesome

Secondary played very well today

Ben looked shaky in the first half, couple of terrible passes on 3rd downs

Offense as a whole was way ******* better in the 2nd half

Najee showed a few sparks, Claypool, Johnson and even Ebron with big catches

Great ******* start to the season
Well said.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
His helmet I don't think was ripped off. He didn't have it snapped on. I did see that grimaced the player did. Hopefully he is good. He had an awesome game.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Bills got away with a ton of holding today
And thankfully got called for a ton of holding because....well they were holding.🙂

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: MTC

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Watt, Heyward, and Ingram were unblockable today. Just completely dominant, especially when you factor in Highsmith played well. Sutton had a big stop on 4th down and at least two pass defensed and Pierre had a huge pass broken up as well. Outstanding team defense today lead by some terrific individual efforts.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just a bill
Yes, I'm only a bill
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee
But I know I'll be a law someday...
At least I hope and pray that I will
But today I'm still just a bill

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Bills got away with a ton of holding today
Their fans are soooo pissed on the refs, but honestly their oline was overwhelmed and their secondary was mugging guys all game long… there were several missed call on both sides as usual, but honestly the bills had a bunch of obvious calls missed including a swipe at claypool , a potential personal foul on roughing the qb, and a couple of big third down interference calls… refs always suck but the bills were really blatant on so many things the refs had to call stuff against them… i mean basically they blew this game, not the refs

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Their fans are soooo pissed on the refs, but honestly their oline was overwhelmed and their secondary was mugging guys all game long… there were several missed call on both sides as usual, but honestly the bills had a bunch of obvious calls missed including a swipe at claypool , a potential personal foul on roughing the qb, and a couple of big third down interference calls… refs always suck but the bills were really blatant on so many things the refs had to call stuff against them… i mean basically they blew this game, not the refs
hell they should be pissed at the OL for holding every damn down

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Expected a slow start on the O and D. Of course the D surprised me. Haven’t missed a beat. Who said Hayward was done? 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 SK, 2 PD….yeah, he’s done.

Since has been a pain point for some, pretty good halftime adjustments to mix up Allen in the 2nd half.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I think if they simply punt on their 2 fourth down plays they win. I understand why they went for it but it may have cost them the game.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Expected a slow start on the O and D. Of course the D surprised me. Haven’t missed a beat. Who said Hayward was done? 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 SK, 2 PD….yeah, he’s done.

Since has been a pain point for some, pretty good halftime adjustments to mix up Allen in the 2nd half.
As soon as we somehow went up by 10 Allen was lost.