• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Down go the Bills

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
As soon as we somehow went up by 10 Allen was lost.

Second half D had all the LB’s moving and setting in different locations. TJ in the middle, opposite line or standing in the gap. Bush and Schoebert on the edge then bailing. Allen couldn’t figure out the coverages underneath.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Second half D had all the LB’s moving and setting in different locations. TJ in the middle, opposite line or standing in the gap. Bush and Schoebert on the edge then bailing. Allen couldn’t figure out the coverages underneath.
That would mean that we made adjustments (in-game and at halftime) - UNPOSSIBLE!!!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Watt, Heyward, and Ingram were unblockable today. Just completely dominant, especially when you factor in Highsmith played well. Sutton had a big stop on 4th down and at least two pass defensed and Pierre had a huge pass broken up as well. Outstanding team defense today lead by some terrific individual efforts.

Norwood paid dividends as well on defense.

I'll have to re-watch a little but currently I think Dan MOORE did a hell of a job.!

Salute the nation

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
All pre-game talking heads gushing about Buffalo, Ranked Third in the power index, Josh Allen in the hunt for MVP, How is the Head Coach handling the SUper Bowl expectations for his team.

Steelers set all of those asshats back to reality. Oh, and Josh Allen is going to have black n gold nightmares tonight.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As soon as we somehow went up by 10 Allen was lost.

For all the nut sucking on Allen I thought I was going to see nothing but top QB play from him............................ he did good but nothing special.

Remember our "D" will give up yards but keep you in front of them. In the end our D wins games.

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
For all the nut sucking on Allen I thought I was going to see nothing but top QB play from him............................ he did good but nothing special.

Remember our "D" will give up yards but keep you in front of them. In the end our D wins games.

Salute the nation
I was really hoping he would get lit up on one of his QB runs

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was really hoping he would get lit up on one of his QB runs

You and I both.

When TJ caused the fumble turn over, I told slash " I'm sitting here in my country home by myself but you could hear me scream in downtown PITTSBURGH "

Had they lit up Allen, you'd have heard me in Huston !!!!

Salute the nation

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Adjustments is all I can think, and not Tomlin! Canada has a mouth and will express. Hoping he looked in mirror and tossed out “game plan” and made adjustments. Line, calls, receivers all looked different. In 2nd half on D, looked more like Tomlin was listening in on Butler. Unlike, 1st where it appears MT was calling plays. Do your job: motivate, inspire, pump up and use your big words in post game style points

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
That was a hostile environment and we didn't panic, down 10-0 at the half. That was a helluva win to start the season. The announcers changed their tune, which was obviously hard to do for them, but they went from gushing all Buffalo to giving the Steelers a little love when they took the lead and won the game. "Steelers shock the Bills in Buffalo." Love that headline!

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
That was a hostile environment and we didn't panic, down 10-0 at the half. That was a helluva win to start the season. The announcers changed their tune, which was obviously hard to do for them, but they went from gushing all Buffalo to giving the Steelers a little love when they took the lead and won the game. "Steelers shock the Bills in Buffalo." Love that headline!
Never heard a word....---> Steelers Radio App

Stewey

Reaction score
Ingram had his helmet ripped off. I saw a player look at him and grimace. So, he is either damn ugly or he had a gash on his head.

You mean he got MG'd?

(Miles Garrett]

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
All pre-game talking heads gushing about Buffalo, Ranked Third in the power index, Josh Allen in the hunt for MVP, How is the Head Coach handling the SUper Bowl expectations for his team.

Steelers set all of those asshats back to reality. Oh, and Josh Allen is going to have black n gold nightmares tonight.
**** the talking heads most don't know a damn thing more than many of the posters here

steelreeling

Reaction score
Norwood paid dividends as well on defense.

I'll have to re-watch a little but currently I think Dan MOORE did a hell of a job.!

Salute the nation
On pass-pro, Dan did real good. For run-blocking, Dan was asked to do some **** that you really should never ask Dan to do. Big Dan sucked on the outside-zone run blocking plays. And so did Dot, so did Chucks. oh well.

Here's hoping Canada LEARNED something today.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
**** the talking heads most don't know a damn thing more than many of the posters here
Oh, I'm with you on your line of thinking. It was absolutely ridiculous listening to it. I didn't watch the NFL games last year so I had no idea that Buffalo was so damn good, according to the media. This is a damn good Steeler team. Ben was a little off, but you expect that in the first game under a new OC. Great adjustments from both coordinators too.

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Really nice way to start the season! Complete turn around in team play from the first half to the second. I'll take a win on the road against a quality team to start the season anytime. I went ******* nuts on the blocked punt. What a great Sunday afternoon.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I was also impressed with the blocked punt and TD that reversed the course of the game, since our ST's have mostly sucked for the last 50 or so years.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was also impressed with the blocked punt and TD that reversed the course of the game, since our ST's have mostly sucked for the last 50 or so years.

I liked the fact that after the really, REALLY dubious start (75-yard kickoff return against, 31-yard shank job by Harvin), the special teams got better as the day went on.

In fact, one guy not given enough kudos is Bos. Team leading 20-13, Buffalo just scored field goal, lines up 45-yard field goal in nasty wind and drills it through the middle.