• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Draft Day 3

smidrow

Reaction score
Kittle is probably the most explosive and might have the biggest upside.
Butt may be the best blocker of the three, but he is limited as an athlete. I see a poor man's Heath Miller, maybe slightly better than James.
Leggett is a scrappy blocker and better than average receiver, but he does the little things that help you win, like converting first downs, comes up big in big moments, and will help his teammates out.

All have something good about them.

Jake Butt is a Steeler type of player...He would be gone if he didn't get injured in the bowl game.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Ahhh, Tarik Cohen to the Bears. I thought he might sneak out the draft and be a priority FA. Tough little runner and great in the slot, like he has played there his whole life. Nice 3rd down package back, but too rich for me.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Jake Butt is a Steeler type of player...He would be gone if he didn't get injured in the bowl game.

Maybe. What does he run? If he ran a 4.9, he might fall further. Just don't know until the process plays out.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Let me add this too, because I don't want to come off like I don't like Butt, he is fine, but when you group him with George Kittle, who is 6'4"-250 and is a solid receiver and scrappy blocker, then factor in Kittle ran a 4.52 forty, had a35" vertical, 11' BJ, and 18 reps on the bench with fairly long arms, he has excellent upside as a blocker and a receiving weapon.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I want S Ekuban

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Hearing Jake Butt had an insurance policy where if he fell out of the 3rd round, he received $100,000. For each pick after that, he gets $10,000 more. He is at a quarter million right now.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Sorry, $150,000 and $10,000 each pick.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Ravens finally add an OL, a guard.

smidrow

Reaction score
Let me add this too, because I don't want to come off like I don't like Butt, he is fine, but when you group him with George Kittle, who is 6'4"-250 and is a solid receiver and scrappy blocker, then factor in Kittle ran a 4.52 forty, had a35" vertical, 11' BJ, and 18 reps on the bench with fairly long arms, he has excellent upside as a blocker and a receiving weapon.

Just loved watching the way the Butt kid played. He is an old school type player....He is a complete tight end who played in a pro-style offense. who knows though...Kittle certainly is a tremendous athlete...

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Montae Nicholson gone

steelcan58

Reaction score
Hearing Jake Butt had an insurance policy where if he fell out of the 3rd round, he received $100,000. For each pick after that, he gets $10,000 more. He is at a quarter million right now.

Vegas is selling insurance policies now? Or some guy named Vito in Queens.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
All these safeties coming off the board are why i don't like the Conner pick in RD 3.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I hate football

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Ebukam gone.

smidrow

Reaction score
Desmond King has to be a consideration right now for the pick in the 4th as well. Versatile player who fits what the Steelers do.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the Steelers like Jesse James as their TE-Y which is the traditional on the line TE. I don't see Butt as much of an upgrade. If the Steelers go TE, i think it will be for a TE-F which is a a receiver like Ladarius.

I like Kittle. I'd take a shot on Bucky Hodges too. Hodges is pretty much just a big WR that i would normally never consider but the steelers appear to be looking for a receiving TE.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Browns take Howard Wilson

ZACKB

Reaction score
Desmond King could be interesting. Would he be that much better at FS than Gay at FS though? King is slow I believe...but solid player

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
I think the Steelers like Jesse James as their TE-Y which is the traditional on the line TE. I don't see Butt as much of an upgrade. If the Steelers go TE, i think it will be for a TE-F which is a a receiver like Ladarius.

I like Kittle. I'd take a shot on Bucky Hodges too. Hodges is pretty much just a big WR that i would normally never consider but the steelers appear to be looking for a receiving TE.

Hodges is a TE in name only, doesn't even line up as a down player. Was not split out, according to him, less than 18 times all season. In essence, he was a slot 99% of the time. Might as well draft another WR.