• Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dri 2.0

LeXX75

Steelers OC Todd Haley suggested RB/WR Dri Archer could see "five and six touches a game" next season.
Archer is one of the smallest players in the NFL at 5'8" and 173 pounds, but he's also one of the fastest. He's not big enough to be an every down back, or maybe a running back at all, but Archer can certainly be used as a gadget player in the mold of Percy Harvin. A workload of 5-6 touches a game won't assure Archer fantasy relevance, but it's certainly a step in the right direction. Archer only saw 17 touches across 12 games last season.

It seems a bit quiet in here..

ADVERTISEMENT

ark steel

Steelers OC Todd Haley suggested RB/WR Dri Archer could see "five and six touches a game" next season.
Archer is one of the smallest players in the NFL at 5'8" and 173 pounds, but he's also one of the fastest. He's not big enough to be an every down back, or maybe a running back at all, but Archer can certainly be used as a gadget player in the mold of Percy Harvin. A workload of 5-6 touches a game won't assure Archer fantasy relevance, but it's certainly a step in the right direction. Archer only saw 17 touches across 12 games last season.

Fuckhead zebras stole his only TD on a weak holding call.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

AggieSteel

I still don't think he's a lost cause if we can execute and get him the ball in space. 5-6 touches per game is okay with me

deljzc

If he's not returning kicks of some sort his production on those 5-6 "touches" will likely not be worth keeping him on the active roster week-to-week.

Just doesn't make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Coach

I am a lying douchebag
If he's not returning kicks of some sort his production on those 5-6 "touches" will likely not be worth keeping him on the active roster week-to-week.

Just doesn't make sense.

Wheaton was a big time upgrade over Archer as a the kickoff return man. Archer is fast, but he has zero moves, shaky hands to catch the ball, and IMO is a little risk adverse when it comes to being hit.

steelhurt

5-6 touches per game is just not enough to give him a hat on game days and the 3'rd round selection will look even worse. The guy was drafted yes for his speed but to use that speed to return kick-offs and return punts which he does neither. I just don't think he will make a contribution this year and eventually be a yet another wasted pick.

Punxsutawney

I'll believe it when I see it.

I think Archer's inability to return kicks or punts reflects poorly on his open field play making skills at the pro level.

He's fast, but just doesn't seem very skilled overall.

Typically, great gadget players like Harvin and Antwaan Randle El exhibit great ability in the return game.

bermudasteel

Fuckhead zebras stole his only TD on a weak holding call.
Absolutely correct...
well, *I* expected that to happen. He's incapable of doing anything.
And so it begins...

PopcornGuy1.gif

Superman

Everyone's Most Favorite Member
Wheaton was a big time upgrade over Archer as a the kickoff return man. Archer is fast, but he has zero moves, shaky hands to catch the ball, and IMO is a little risk adverse when it comes to being hit.
this just begs for that Michael J Fox meme

ark steel

I tell my kids, all the time, if you aren't good at something the first time, don't waste your time practicing to get better. Move on to something else.

ark steel

I still don't think he's a lost cause if we can execute and get him the ball in space. 5-6 touches per game is okay with me

I have hope, too. Not a lot, but a rookie that was drafted 97th in the draft and didn't contribute much his rookie year? Doesn't surprise me a whole lot. I'm not too hung up on the "He's a third round pick" when it was essentially late 3rd/early 4th pick.

USDA#1

c'mon now...Dri towers over most North Korean's, give a guy a break.

a TD called back, and he hit the Sweet Titties off RT play big in Pre season.

that's it.

he may still be something, you never know.

Vader

I have hope, too. Not a lot, but a rookie that was drafted 97th in the draft and didn't contribute much his rookie year? Doesn't surprise me a whole lot. I'm not too hung up on the "He's a third round pick" when it was essentially late 3rd/early 4th pick.

So late 1st round picks are essentially 2nd round picks? It's funny watching people try make his draft selection more palatable by changing the round he was selected in.

The fact is always the same... who do you take the ball away from so he can get touches? You want Brown, Bell, Wheaton, etc... not getting as many touches because a 5'7 170 lbs. RB doesn't have a real position. This is what happens when you draft a guy solely because of a 40 time.

ADVERTISEMENT