• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dri 2.0

deljzc

Reaction score
if the return game was working, then why **** with it?

I thought Archer was better? Why does what happened last week change deciding who the best returner is? Shouldn't the best player play?

I am pretty confident in saying after watching last season that Wheaton is a better KO returner than Archer. He was more explosive. Was much quicker in deciding where the hole was. And looked confident in ball security and breaking tackles. Those are facts based on film.

Maybe a different Dri Archer shows up this year, but that's what it's going to take: A DIFFERENT Dri Archer than what we saw last year because last year's version wasn't even worth signing as an undrafted free agent.

Wingman

Reaction score
I thought Archer was better? Why does what happened last week change deciding who the best returner is? Shouldn't the best player play?

I am pretty confident in saying after watching last season that Wheaton is a better KO returner than Archer. He was more explosive. Was much quicker in deciding where the hole was. And looked confident in ball security and breaking tackles. Those are facts based on film.

Maybe a different Dri Archer shows up this year, but that's what it's going to take: A DIFFERENT Dri Archer than what we saw last year because last year's version wasn't even worth signing as an undrafted free agent.

The talk is that he might have been a slow developer in this system. His athletic ability is there but his size is not, I thought he was too small as soon as the pick was made. However, he is on the team lets hope what ever the Steelers thought was there is there this year, I would love to be wrong about this guy.

Vader

Reaction score
neither would 99% of the board.
though there are just a small percentage of that 99% who continue to roll in the pig **** while the others try to be optimistic.

Your optimism means nothing on a football field. What difference does it make if I don't like the pick? What's important is who the STEELERS pick not what I or you are optimistic about. Maybe you should ***** at them for taking him since they are in charge instead of always bitching at me when YOU guys keep bringing the subject up?

Vader

Reaction score
So the fact that the kid said, "the game was faster than he expected and things are slowing down for him now" - means nothing? It did not help having a kid back there who felt that "bouncing to the outside" because of his speed. Nor did it help having piss poor blocking on KO returns...

Yet even with that poor blocking others did better than him. What he says means ****. I've heard that same **** from every player that has failed his first year. None of that means anything. What did it mean when Sweed said it years ago? Did that mean nothing to you?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A few early nseason "BIG" plays from this kid and all criticism goes away. NO plays early season, and many want this kid to go away. Obviously, I root for him and any other player who makes the team. To make the team, I think a different Dri Archer needs to show up. One tyhat doesn't need to think quite so much, except when to hit the TURBO button.

Salute the nation

Wingman

Reaction score
A few early nseason "BIG" plays from this kid and all criticism goes away. NO plays early season, and many want this kid to go away. Obviously, I root for him and any other player who makes the team. To make the team, I think a different Dri Archer needs to show up. One tyhat doesn't need to think quite so much, except when to hit the TURBO button.
Salute the nation

Speed is important but it is not the biggest factor otherwise the crypt keeper would have had the best team in the game in oakland. Bud Dupree has speed and size so unless some real dumbassery on his part or freak injury knocks him out of the game he looks like a solid bet to make it in the game. Archer looks like a long shot from any angle because he is so small, sometimes size matters.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Speed is important but it is not the biggest factor otherwise the crypt keeper would have had the best team in the game in oakland. Bud Dupree has speed and size so unless some real dumbassery on his part or freak injury knocks him out of the game he looks like a solid bet to make it in the game. Archer looks like a long shot from any angle because he is so small, sometimes size matters.

Hear that often skippy? :victorious: J/K ... couldn't pass that up