• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dri 2.0

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Bingo...there's an opportunity cost at work here. It takes the ball away from the real playmakers.

I would like to see him on the field with all of our play makers.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
We drafted him high for this, Tomlin must of laid in bed not able to sleep hoping we would have a chance for Archer.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
We drafted him high for this, Tomlin must of laid in bed not able to sleep hoping we would have a chance for Archer.

Or it was Haley's pick, seeing as how he has liked to employ similar sized players in his offense in the past. Maybe it was Colbert's pick. Possibly they all agreed on the pick. But hey, blaming EVERYTHING on Tomlin makes a better narrative right? Dude has made a lot of mistakes, for sure, but not EVERYTHING is his fault. "Tomblin is da debil" lol

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin voted for Bush in the most recent presidential election.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
What puzzles me is that during camp the players were marveled by his shiftiness, I remember one defensive guy saying he couldn't wait to see him against a real opponent for a change. The 'teams coach was all over him too...what happened ?

[video]https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqILligxVB24Ab4gsnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByND V2czA1BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDOQ--?p=steelers+teammates+are+impressed+with+dri+arche r+steelers&vid=213f7cfc882e850268bd5d87b57a1d4f&l=2%3A53&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.6 08011204607149110%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprod.www.steelers.clubs.nfl.com/video-an...fr2=p:s,v:v&hsimp=yhs-003&hspart=mozilla&tt=b[/video]

Vader

Reaction score
The 'teams coach was all over him too...what happened ?

He started playing against first stringers and not guys that will be saying "you want fries with that" the following week.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He started playing against first stringers and not guys that will be saying "you want fries with that" the following week.
Did he? What flavor shake?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
OI1t9xj.jpg

Toting the rock for the hard yards

This picture explains everything, he just keeps PEELING out and can't get going........................

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
This thread is shamefully hanging on...we've talked Scotch and talked about peel outs - even the normal "let's blame 'ryting on Tomlin"...

Only one more page than yesterday. BOOOOOOO!!!!

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What the fluck............... B-O-O-M B-A-B-Y

Taking touches away from the stars, does not make a good draft decision. See what the kid can do, HEALTHY, if nothing there, the axe. Playing him for the sense of just playing to justifiy the pick, is totally rediculous. But then, after wittnesing some of the coaching decision made, this doesn't seem out of the ordinary
..........Reminds me as a kid in vacant lot football. There was this one kid, always wanted to play. He'd get picked, start the playing, then seemed like he was always on the sideline, ith his team playing a player short (no pun intended).
.........Make the decision, try it on a short leash, then the AXE.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread is shamefully hanging on...we've talked Scotch and talked about peel outs - even the normal "let's blame 'ryting on Tomlin"...

Only one more page than yesterday. BOOOOOOO!!!!

INSTEAD of being concerned about legnth, contribute to the action,.... sounds l;ike something your wife says, all the time....................... lol

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
some dumb ******* might be wondering "but if he didnt do anything in his rookie season, why should we believe he can now?"

i agree with this. afterall, when we put a man on the moon, we did that **** in one hour. put everything together right there on the launching pad and then shot those ******* right to the ******* moon in one attempt.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
some dumb ******* might be wondering "but if he didnt do anything in his rookie season, why should we believe he can now?"

i agree with this. afterall, when we put a man on the moon, we did that **** in one hour. put everything together right there on the launching pad and then shot those ******* right to the ******* moon in one attempt.

The lunar landing was shot in Walt Disney's studios. The Earth is flat. Ancient aliens built the pyramids. AND Dri Archer has no chance whatsoever of improving! ;)

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The lunar landing was shot in Walt Disney's studios. The Earth is flat. Ancient aliens built the pyramids. AND Dri Archer has no chance whatsoever of improving! ;)
Elvis fired the magic bullet from the General Lee.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
INSTEAD of being concerned about legnth, contribute to the action,.... sounds l;ike something your wife says, all the time....................... lol

Salute the nation
Nice one, D.I.C(kie) boy!!! LOL

That was an excellent comparison.
You forgot that it's Coach Tomlin's fault that Walt Disney shot the film and the fact that the Earth is flat; not to mention he didn't kill enough aliens to prevent them from building said pyramids - and OF COURSE - he single-handedly went to Dri Archer's home and packed his bags and then selected him in the bottom of the third (actually early 4th) round...

Right???

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty much spot on Bermuda.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
to be more durable and maybe if early he does well with 5-6 touches if that's the plan it should motivate him to hit the gym and report at at least 182 to camp to get more touches at least 8-9, 5 catch and run 2 tosses and 2 well practiced screens.

That made me laugh.