• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dulac by way of 93.7 The Fan Tomlin Extension Coming

steelhurt

Reaction score
Gerry Dulac via the 93.7 The Fan saying that Rooney will be extending Tomlin two more years through 2026.
Currently has two years remaining on his contract and Dulac says an extension is coming soon.
Well, it would make sense based on what they normally do when he has two years remaining plus Art’s recent comments on Tomlin. Seemed pretty happy with how the season turned out and did say he never really evaluates Tomlin.
For what’s it’s worth!

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Which odds are better?

The Steelers winning a Super Bowl with Mike Tomlin as the Head Coach during the next 4 seasons...
or...
The Steelers winning a Super Bowl without Mike Tomlin as the Head Coach the next 4 seasons?

I would bet the former.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
why in the ****? I get that he won't be fired, he is starting a project with a rookie QB and a restock of the team but why would you tie him up for 4 years total? What if he keeps the team mediocre for 2 more years? Is this acceptable?

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
why in the ****? I get that he won't be fired, he is starting a project with a rookie QB and a restock of the team but why would you tie him up for 4 years total? What if he keeps the team mediocre for 2 more years? Is this acceptable?
Apparently, Art believes so!

Total madness if you ask me. The Steelers will continue to be irrelevant the next four years

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Obviously there is zero need to lock him up
But the Steelers gonna Steeler

Same ole shyte

As long as Tomlin never feels any pressure to be better we can all sleep well at night knowing the 9-8 standard shall remain the standard

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Never a losing season.
Greatest coach ever.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Which odds are better?

The Steelers winning a Super Bowl with Mike Tomlin as the Head Coach during the next 4 seasons...
or...
The Steelers winning a Super Bowl without Mike Tomlin as the Head Coach the next 4 seasons?

I would bet the former.
I’m thinking the best odds are on a whole lotta 9-8.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Well it has been for the last 10 years so why make an exception now….. ?

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Artie has also said that they don’t listen to the fans…………..

MAYBE

We should all start a letter campaigne demanding that he (ART) extends Coach Tomlin 2 more years…………

Salute the nation

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I have come to conclusion that I will not see another SB victory by the B&G over the next decade. They have been steps behind for years now. Unless they hit the drafts and FA out of the park, I don't see them competing with KC, Cincy or Buffalo, not to mention the teams that continue to improve, as we are mediocre. That's what 9-8 is. Mid pack, mediocre. 14 years and counting, stuck on #6. I guess I should be content with experiencing six SB victories.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Something else troubles me.
We had Ben in his prime surrounded by AB, Martavis Bryant, Lev Bell, Heath Miller, and many more and the best we could do is win three playoff games from 2011 thru 2021.
I’m convinced that Tomlin does not last
this long with 31 other teams with those results.
The Eagles moved on from Andy Reid who had a SB appearance and Doug Pederson who actually one a SB as recent as 2017.
Why is Art so tied to Tomlin? So he moves on to another team. So what!
The organization needs a breath of new life and I don’t care that the players love him. Again, so what!
Art I suppose just does not have lofty expectations like us fans.
9-8 is good enough it appears!

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Something else troubles me.
We had Ben in his prime surrounded by AB, Martavis Bryant, Lev Bell, Heath Miller, and many more and the best we could do is win three playoff games from 2011 thru 2021.
I’m convinced that Tomlin does not last
this long with 31 other teams with those results.
The Eagles moved on from Andy Reid who had a SB appearance and Doug Pederson who actually one a SB as recent as 2017.
Why is Art so tied to Tomlin? So he moves on to another team. So what!
The organization needs a breath of new life and I don’t care that the players love him. Again, so what!
Art I suppose just does not have lofty expectations like us fans.
9-8 is good enough it appears!

I keep coming back to the Eagles HC situation too. They won the SB and fired Pederson. They are back in the Super Bowl and probably will win it. ARII shouldn't live in his fears and get with the times. I like MT and he has done wonderful things for this organization, but a change could be good.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
Which odds are better?

or...

I would bet the former.

TLDR: I agree, but ...

I understand the point of the question but, wherever any given individual sits on the answer is basically moot due to the fact that, either way, Tomlin is going to be here the next four years (unless he chooses to leave). I personally believe, as someone who is imminently qualified having stayed at a Holiday Inn Express previously, that the biggest obstacles to the Steelers winning the SB are Canada first and Tomlin second. Canada may see the street at some point, but Tomlin isn't. So, albeit regrettably, I am onboard the Tomlin train. Games are stressful enough, lol, without spending the whole week after or off-season worrying or hoping Tomlin will be gone b3ecause he won't be.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
I keep coming back to the Eagles HC situation too. They won the SB and fired Pederson. They are back in the Super Bowl and probably will win it. ARII shouldn't live in his fears and get with the times. I like MT and he has done wonderful things for this organization, but a change could be good.
Eagle got lucky imo. They fleeced Brown from TEN and I’m still blown away that they let him go. He has been a monster for them.

Then they add (forget name) on defense, want to say Reddick??? And he has been crushing. Solid moves that just put them over the top in their division.

The big thing is their line is beyond nasty. Without that, Hurts would be like the rest of the little QBs. Broke.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Peterson was fired bc he wanted to stick with Wentz. The team hated him, apparently was a major dick, and as we see today blows.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle got lucky imo. They fleeced Brown from TEN and I’m still blown away that they let him go. He has been a monster for them.

Then they add (forget name) on defense, want to say Reddick??? And he has been crushing. Solid moves that just put them over the top in their division.

The big thing is their line is beyond nasty. Without that, Hurts would be like the rest of the little QBs. Broke.
Not luck, good GM and coaching. Hopefully our new GM's make the moves enough to get this team playoff competitive again.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Given the Steelers sign extensions with head coaches when there are two years left, this is expected. However, my question is at what point does Tomlin reach without winning a playoff game before he's actually on the hot seat? The Steelers have to raise the bar eventually and it's already been too long without a playoff win.