• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dynasty FF advice: Eli Rogers vs. Sammie Coates

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
I have Coates in two non-PPR dynasty leagues. Eli Rogers is available in both. I'm leaning towards swapping out Coates for Rogers, seeing that Rogers may be a bigger part of the O, his rapport w Ben (and AB) while Coates at best will be a rotational guy w Wheaton/DHB. Plus Martavis may be back next year, making Coates role a bit cloudy, at least in my mind.

Any advice guys? What says you?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
yes.

agree with all you said.

you're welcome. please pay at the desk.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
Dynasty is the key here to me...I think Eli will def do more this season..long term (dynasty) I still like Coates a bit better

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks man. Some knuckle-dragging, low-life SOB picked up Rogers just as I went to grab him. ;) Such is life.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I traded up to get Coates in a dynasty draft this year then hoped to snag Rogers late. Unfortunately, another Steeler fan in the league had the same idea and got him three picks ahead of me.

Blitzburgh

Reaction score
Now that Wheaton is out who is the better option Coates or Rodgers for Monday?

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Now that Wheaton is out who is the better option Coates or Rodgers for Monday?
That's the million dollar question. ;) It seems Coates will rotate with DBH outside at Wheaton's spot, while Eli is sure to get plenty of snaps inside. I guess it boils down to wether you think Ben will look to Coates after a so-so pre-season, maybe hit him up on a long ball or two....or focus instead on AB and working Rogers on the inside. I'd go Rogers in PPR and maybe Coates in a non-PPR, but I have my doubts Coates will be part of the passing game here in the beginning. I hope I'm wrong, we could really use Coates stepping up big time. I'd like to see him grab that #2 spot and run with it.

Blitzburgh

Reaction score
That's the million dollar question. ;) It seems Coates will rotate with DBH outside at Wheaton's spot, while Eli is sure to get plenty of snaps inside. I guess it boils down to wether you think Ben will look to Coates after a so-so pre-season, maybe hit him up on a long ball or two....or focus instead on AB and working Rogers on the inside. I'd go Rogers in PPR and maybe Coates in a non-PPR, but I have my doubts Coates will be part of the passing game here in the beginning. I hope I'm wrong, we could really use Coates stepping up big time. I'd like to see him grab that #2 spot and run with it.

Thanks. Good luck to you today!

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
play coats or Floyd today?