• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Each Team's Worst Ever QB

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Tim Tebow is worse than Brian Griese? IDK about that. OTSN: what is with so many articles these days being slide shows? I just want to read the list of whatever. I hate that. They are slow, I have to scroll up down to read. GRRR

Black&GoldenShowers

Reaction score
Tim Tebow is worse than Brian Griese? IDK about that. OTSN: what is with so many articles these days being slide shows? I just want to read the list of whatever. I hate that. They are slow, I have to scroll up down to read. GRRR

I wonder if it is for more "clicks" on a website. A list would only have to be opened once, but a slide show has to be clicked for every picture. This could be used in advertising to make it look as though more people go to the site. That's my guess. I hate it too.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
That's just stupid, O'Donnell was an above average NFL QB. The Steelers would have never made it to that Super Bowl without him.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Neil ? Really? That is just plain silly.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
That's just stupid, O'Donnell was an above average NFL QB. The Steelers would have never made it to that Super Bowl without him.

In my book Kent Graham slightly edges out Cliff Stoudt.

steelpastor

Reaction score

O'Donnell... the worst? No likely! Depending on the criteria... i.e. how many games started? I might go with David Woodley or Mike Tomczak or even Bubby Brister. All three of those were worse than O'Donnell. At least O'Donnell was right-side up on TD's vs INT's!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd have to go with Kent Grahm as well. Cement shoes at his finest, couldn't dust off Kordell's athletic supporter........

Salute the nation

skialta

Reaction score
o'donnell wasn't even close to the worst quarterback for either one of those two teams

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

O'Donnell... the worst? No likely! Depending on the criteria... i.e. how many games started? I might go with David Woodley or Mike Tomczak or even Bubby Brister. All three of those were worse than O'Donnell. At least O'Donnell was right-side up on TD's vs INT's!

O'Donnell wasn't a bad QB overall but he was a bad QB in the most important game of his life. Don't diss Bubby though, he won a ring long before Cowher did.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
WTF Neil wasn't that bad.. Those Super Bowl INTs will haunt him forever. Kent Graham is way worse

steelpastor

Reaction score
O'Donnell wasn't a bad QB overall but he was a bad QB in the most important game of his life. Don't diss Bubby though, he won a ring long before Cowher did.

Oh, by all means then... we must not diss Bubby! Let's not forget Dennis Dixon... who won a SB before Drew Brees! LOL.

The only reason that we can have some fun with this is because our drought of stud QB came to an end. PLEASE hurry back, Ben.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Reaction score
That was a **** article with very lttle research. Neil O'Donnell was far from the worst QB, and double-**** them for putting Terry Hanratty there. They do know the team has existed since the 1930s, no?

Big Ben Rules

Reaction score
Wow, that was ridiculous. Neil was far from there worst. Mark Malone sucked! how he was on there is beyond me

steelpastor

Reaction score
Wow, that was ridiculous. Neil was far from there worst. Mark Malone sucked! how he was on there is beyond me

UGH! I forgot about Malone! LOL! Boy, he sure looked the part... but he was TERRIBLE! He was a better commentator and that is not high praise.

swal75

Reaction score
Wasn't the headline O'Gone-ll in the paper after Neil signed with the Jets?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Who was the guy that was a backup for a couple years, started the opener, then Cowher benched him the rest of the season and we never saw him again?

Chicoman

Reaction score
Well for my memories from the early 70's and on to modern day I'd hafta say without question it was Mark Malone in 1987. I think he started 12 games and threw 20 INT's to 6 TD's and about 1800 yds. It was absolutely the worst Steelers QB Performance ever!

Ken Graham was awful no doubt but he didn't get as many starts...thank god!

Cliff Stoudt was very bad too but IMO the 1987 season with Malone was the worst QB performance in a season I can remember! Oh the horror!

I remember on NFL Gameday Chris Berman dubbed Mark Malone "The Master of the Bounce Pass". CLASSIC TO THIS DAY!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I replied to this back when the article came out on the CBS Site.

Mark Malone is THE WORST Starting QB we have had in the Superbowl era, and it isn't even close. He had a terrible record. Had a 3-4 TD to INT ratio. And the biggest reason of all is, HE is the reason why we didn't draft Dan Marino. That alone makes him the worst QB for our franchise.