• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Emmanuel Sanders on NFL Gameday

jsinohio

Reaction score
Now, let me preface this by saying i don’t lend any more credence to his comments over any other players, but he basically just threw Ben under the bus. His comments redacted were like “calling out your players is disrespectful”, “Ben is the leader & needs to act like a leader” & finally “not hating on anyone, but this is why I’ve said Peyton Manning is a much better leader than Ben”. Too bad AB couldn’t have just went to the coaches and/or ownership and just came clean with whatever it is he’s so angry about. Maybe these issues could have been addressed before totally going off the deep end.
https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1084163918862249984?s=12

Last edited:

Xc944

Reaction score
the team is full of shitheads its not only one or two guys who are a problem but several guys. ryan clark last week said ben is not a leader and the they had to have several team meetings because of him. its no coincidence that since the the real leaders have retired and left and he he has become team leader this team hasn't accomplished ****

Reactions: MTC

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Now, let me preface this by saying i don’t lend any more credence to his comments over any other players, but he basically just threw Ben under the bus. His comments redacted were like “calling out your players is disrespectful”, “Ben is the leader & needs to act like a leader” & finally “not hating on anyone, but this is why I’ve said Peyton Manning is a much better leader than Ben”. Too bad AB couldn’t have just went to the coaches and/or ownership and just came clean with whatever it is he’s so angry about. Maybe these issues could have been addressed before totally going off the deep end.
Manning threw his entire Oline under the bus after that 2005 playoff loss to us.

Why are we listening to national guys who aren't even around the team.

Bouchette was on the fan yesterday for a full hour. He said it wasn't Ben that set him off, he and Ben talked Thursday morning, then something after that set him off, which coincides with the JuJu MVP announcement. One of the first stories was AB leaving yelling you guys don't appreciate me.

Why the hell is everyone trying to make this about Ben???? AB is ******* 30 years old, has pulled immature **** like this before, but it's Bens fault??? Ward never went crazy, Wallace, Holmes, Heath, Bettis credited that poor leader Ben for helping him influence his decision to come back one more season.

Here's a thought, get the ******* plays and routes right, like the highest paid wr should.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Xc944

Reaction score
Manning threw his entire Oline under the bus after that 2005 playoff loss to us.

Why are we listening to national guys who aren't even around the team.

Bouchette was on the fan yesterday for a full hour. He said it wasn't Ben that set him off, he and Ben talked Thursday morning, then something after that set him off, which coincides with the JuJu MVP announcement. One of the first stories was AB leaving yelling you guys don't appreciate me.

Why the hell is everyone trying to make this about Ben???? AB is ******* 30 years old, has pulled immature **** like this before, but it's Bens fault??? Ward never went crazy, Wallace, Holmes, Heath, Bettis credited that poor leader Ben for helping him influence his decision to come back one more season.

Here's a thought, get the ******* plays and routes right, like the highest paid wr should.

there's more than 1 problem and when a bunch of former teammates come out against ben there's problem whether you want to deny or not

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Emmanuel Sanders crying about Ben saying stuff on the radio on a national show where he is complaining about a guy not even on his own team. Who cares what Emmanuel Sanders thinks?

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
there's more than 1 problem and when a bunch of former teammates come out against ben there's problem whether you want to deny or not
And a bunch back him, maybe those guys need thicker skin. How many team mates came out against him?

Again what does any of this have to do with AB being an *******?

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Manning used to ***** about his line and “idiot kicker” publicly too

What I don’t understand is.. if the team is full of knuckleheads like AB and Le’Veon and are in desperate need of a leader, why do none of these guys mention the one who is the boss of ALL of them, Tomlin?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Manning used to ***** about his line and “idiot kicker” publicly too

What I don’t understand is.. if the team is full of knuckleheads like AB and Le’Veon and are in desperate need of a leader, why do none of these guys mention the one who is the boss of ALL of them, Tomlin?

Hahaha yeah right the guy that has zero responsibility except to do a press conference.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Didn’t The Almighty Aaron Rodgers this past season throw some of his receivers under the bus? As I recall Aaron was pretty vocal and really slammed his guys. Of course he was hailed as a leader. **** Manny Sanders,AB,
Ouchostinko, and all the others who are not part of this team.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, same old ****. A-Aron, Manning or Marsha all do this but they are "fiery leaders"...but Ben is a bad teammate...total horseshit.

These ******** can't even get it right...they take **** out of context, misquote,,,basically anything they can spin or twist to put Ben in the bad light while giving AB and Tomlin a hall pass.

Spike

Reaction score
He also busted Tomlin's balls, saying how he claims he treated everybody the same, but not really, Tomlin gave him way too much leeway and now is paying the price. When Art talks, he means it.

I watched the whole segment, they are all basically saying Antonio is showing total lack of respect to the organization that gave him a chance.

Vader

Reaction score
I watched it as well as some other shows talking to former and current players. They bash AB because he is making Tomlin look bad. There is also a racial component to this. Irvin was bitching about this as well. AB should act right because Tomlin is black. If the HC were white then I guess he could be a total diva and that'd be ok? Makes no sense at all. I hate this political **** in my football. I guess all the coaches, players, owners, refs, cheerleaders, trainers ETC.. should all be black so that everything is "Equal" and nobody can talk about racial issues.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I watched it as well as some other shows talking to former and current players. They bash AB because he is making Tomlin look bad. There is also a racial component to this. Irvin was bitching about this as well. AB should act right because Tomlin is black. If the HC were white then I guess he could be a total diva and that'd be ok? Makes no sense at all. I hate this political **** in my football. I guess all the coaches, players, owners, refs, cheerleaders, trainers ETC.. should all be black so that everything is "Equal" and nobody can talk about racial issues.
I just wish there were some white cornerbacks😉

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Sanders has been saying that since he left Pittsburgh... It looks to be true.[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Steeler Nation mobile app

k troll, run along and play in traffic. It will be Ben's fault if you are hit. So jump out there with confidence.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score

Stephen A Smith has been saying similar things as Irvin.

I do not think they're implying that Brown's behavior would be acceptable under a white coach, but that it makes a black coach look especially bad due to stereotypes and whatnot.

I do not agree with it, but see where they're coming from.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Stephen A Smith has been saying similar things as Irvin.

I do not think they're implying that Brown's behavior would be acceptable under a white coach, but that it makes a black coach look especially bad due to stereotypes and whatnot.

I do not agree with it, but see where they're coming from.

Way too much of that in America, skin color skin color skin color convos.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Sure, Ben puts the ball in their hands and the star receiver makes a play. Receiver gets double or triple covered Ben looks elsewhere and diva gets angry because he wants to be the star with the stats and the game winner.
Ben has probably been telling Brown no or correcting him on mistakes. Selfish types don't like that.
If Brown does get traded to a team with a young QB Brown could drive him crazy with his I/ me BS.

Spike

Reaction score
You are also missing the main point that Sanders said right up front that Antonio brought this whole thing on himself. You cannot turn your back on your teammates.

Oh, and yeah, come to Denver, lol

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Grown *** men. If you cant take criticism and move on you are ****** soft. Ben always owns up to what is his. Jesus, Harrison blamed Ben for the last SB loss in an ARTICLE where you have time to consider your words. Did Ben ***** out?

Xc944

Reaction score
And a bunch back him, maybe those guys need thicker skin. How many team mates came out against him?

Again what does any of this have to do with AB being an *******?

What degree tesmmates have said Ben is a good
Leader.