• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Emmanuel Sanders on NFL Gameday

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
the team is full of shitheads its not only one or two guys who are a problem but several guys. ryan clark last week said ben is not a leader and the they had to have several team meetings because of him. its no coincidence that since the the real leaders have retired and left and he he has become team leader this team hasn't accomplished ****

I have to agree with this.
The core group guys from the Cowher era --- Ward, Farrior, Hampton, Foote, Taylor, Polamalu, Parker and even Lebeau.

Not saying Ben is a leader. His display is not rah rah.
More performance driven. Once he's on a roll the team is near unstoppable. Look at the Colts, Titans and Panthers games.

But it's evident this team lacks core group leadership.

With Conner, JuJu, Watt, Heyward, Tuitt, Jessie James, McDonald.

I think the leadership will come back. This is a transition into a new core group of players.
Just like in the Cowher era, there will be a couple years of struggle to find their identity. But I think the team will be ok in the long run

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there some rule that WR's or RB's can't be team leaders, or are they all about personal stats?

Any position can be a leader.
I always thought Bettis was a leader.
Hines?

What about Dermontii Dawson? Alan Faneca?

Someone just needs to step up and instill some pride in being a Steelers player

Vader

Reaction score
Stephen A Smith has been saying similar things as Irvin.

I do not think they're implying that Brown's behavior would be acceptable under a white coach, but that it makes a black coach look especially bad due to stereotypes and whatnot.

I do not agree with it, but see where they're coming from.

Yea, I can't watch him. Everything is race with this guy. I don't get it making a black coach look worse. It would make any coach look bad regardless of his race. Handle your business. I never heard of a stereotype about black coach not being able to handle their locker rooms... that's a new one.

RollRed

Reaction score
the team is full of shitheads its not only one or two guys who are a problem but several guys. ryan clark last week said ben is not a leader and the they had to have several team meetings because of him. its no coincidence that since the the real leaders have retired and left and he he has become team leader this team hasn't accomplished ****

So Ben should be a better leader and be held responsible for everyone else’s actions, but it’s okay for Brown not to be a leader... even though he’s considered by many to be the best player on the team? It’s fine for AB to just worry about himself but Ben gets crucified if he does the same thing? Not only that, they all want Ben to take responsibility for everything that goes on with the team whether it has anything to do with him or not, but get their panties in a bunch when he gets treated differently than everyone else. In other words.... you absorb all the slings and arrows Ben, but I’m gonna be pissed if you get a little more leeway than me. I’d tell Brown to make sure the door doesn’t hit him in the *** on the way out. I wouldn’t even be that upset if they just straight up cut his selfish ***.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Yea, I can't watch him. Everything is race with this guy. I don't get it making a black coach look worse. It would make any coach look bad regardless of his race. Handle your business. I never heard of a stereotype about black coach not being able to handle their locker rooms... that's a new one.

It's more the stereotype that blacks take a nonchalant, cavalier approach to everything, and are not capable being strict or disciplinary.

I think Smith's view, to the extent I've heard him elaborate on it, is that black coaches are more susceptible to criticism and that black players need to be aware of that and place an extra emphasis on good behavior, essentially looking out for the brother in charge.

Like I said, I do not agree with it, but some variation of the racecard is going to be played when things go bad for the Steelers because of the coach's race.

It's just the culture in which we live.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ol sensitive *** WRs. Oh Ben said something on his radio show sniff.

Grow thicker skin twatwaffles.

Xc944

Reaction score
So Ben should be a better leader and be held responsible for everyone else’s actions, but it’s okay for Brown not to be a leader... even though he’s considered by many to be the best player on the team? It’s fine for AB to just worry about himself but Ben gets crucified if he does the same thing? Not only that, they all want Ben to take responsibility for everything that goes on with the team whether it has anything to do with him or not, but get their panties in a bunch when he gets treated differently than everyone else. In other words.... you absorb all the slings and arrows Ben, but I’m gonna be pissed if you get a little more leeway than me. I’d tell Brown to make sure the door doesn’t hit him in the *** on the way out. I wouldn’t even be that upset if they just straight up cut his selfish ***.
its amazing how simplistic some of look at things. Once again there’s several issues on this team. Brown and bell being shitheads and the fact Ben is a leader. I will say it again this team hasn’t done **** with him as a leader and won’t unless they bring in some. Those are the facts you guys can cry all you want that your man love is part of the problem. It’s not a small sample size at this point it’s a reoccurring thing. Enjoy watching playoff as your leader site home without a playoff win yet again

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
its amazing how simplistic some of look at things. Once again there’s several issues on this team. Brown and bell being shitheads and the fact Ben is a leader. I will say it again this team hasn’t done **** with him as a leader and won’t unless they bring in some. Those are the facts you guys can cry all you want that your man love is part of the problem. It’s not a small sample size at this point it’s a reoccurring thing. Enjoy watching playoff as your leader site home without a playoff win yet again

He brought them to three SBs I wouldn't say Ben hasn't done ****.

Your troll is weak sauce.

nooneuno

Forefather
Reaction score
I thought Sanders comments were spot on. He put it all on Brown and said he gave up on his team mates. Sure he said Ben was a dick but I got no problem with that either. Ben is a drama queen has been since the day he got here. He is not above criticism just because he is the QB. That denver play where he put the blame on AB in the media was bush league

Xc944

Reaction score
He brought them to three SBs I wouldn't say Ben hasn't done ****.

Your troll is weak sauce.

Reading comprehension isn’t your strength. Since he became the leader he has t done ****. He was not a leader on Those teams, fact. It’s great watching you come unglued over your little boyfriend being a dick. Here’s some troll sauce how are your playoffs gOing ?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Now, let me preface this by saying i don’t lend any more credence to his comments over any other players, but he basically just threw Ben under the bus. His comments redacted were like “calling out your players is disrespectful”, “Ben is the leader & needs to act like a leader” & finally “not hating on anyone, but this is why I’ve said Peyton Manning is a much better leader than Ben”. Too bad AB couldn’t have just went to the coaches and/or ownership and just came clean with whatever it is he’s so angry about. Maybe these issues could have been addressed before totally going off the deep end.
https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1084163918862249984?s=12
Sanders is a racist twerp.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Lost in all this is the fact that Ben is critical of himself just as much as he calls out his teammates. It’s never a case of him pointing at the others and taking no blame on himself.
The thing is, I've listened to everyone off his shows this year, it's the same time as my lunch.
The only time he came close to calling anyone out was when he said Washington has to make that catch, but that's all he said, he didn't say he sucks, he needs benched. No he said he sought him out afterwards and had a talk with him and told him they need him.
He did the same thing to JuJu after the Saints fumble.

Then people got butthurt when he said he wanted to throw to JUJU 4 times in the Denver game. Everyone took that as a shot at AB, AB was being doubled, JuJu was not. On the other hand everyone ******* when he throws to AB when doubled, but now everyone gets pissy when he doesn't want to throw it.

Denver is said to be one of the teams to try for AB, so that's why Sanders is suddenly up ABs ***.

Lost in all this is where the **** is the guy that's supposed to be the leader, Tomlin?

Let's say Ben is the absolute worse leader, how does that make what AB did ok? I don't recall any other players up and quitting in the middle of the week, not calling anyone, going on social media acting like a douche, not showing for mandatory meetings. How is that at all on Ben

I'd like someone to tell us all how a leader should act.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin let’s this go on in his henhouse... it’s his problem

Reactions: xjx

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder what he means by Peyton was a better leader. Did he pat him on the tush and say "That's ok sweetie" when he ran the wrong route? Or "Don't worry, you'll catch it next time no big deal". Is that what a leader on a professional football team does?

This whole idea that Ben is not a leader because he points out receivers' mistakes is mystifying to me.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder what he means by Peyton was a better leader. Did he pat him on the tush and say "That's ok sweetie" when he ran the wrong route? Or "Don't worry, you'll catch it next time no big deal". Is that what a leader on a professional football team does?

This whole idea that Ben is not a leader because he points out receivers' mistakes is mystifying to me.

One time he mentioned how Peyton would take that "extra" time with him.

That extra time you can get with other QBs or work on your **** alone. AB does.

Was just a convenient way to point a finger somewhere else besides where he needed to be pointed. At himself.

Vader

Reaction score

From the interview it appears that he was talking specifically about Ben talking about individual players to the media on his broadcast. He didn't like that Ben mentioned that AB shouldn't have drifted on his route or that he wanted to throw to JuJu all 4 times. My issue is that Manning threw his entire OL under the bus and nobody said a word.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
One time he mentioned how Peyton would take that "extra" time with him.

That extra time you can get with other QBs or work on your **** alone. AB does.

Was just a convenient way to point a finger somewhere else besides where he needed to be pointed. At himself.
Like the way Ben had a one on one talk with Washington, and Washington said it helped.
Or maybe like when he called/texted Bryant every day when he was in rehab. I wonder if AB or Tomlin did that?

black and gold apex

Reaction score
I guess Sanders did not watch the disrespect in locker room on Brown, the side lines blow up, pushing a coach, lying to team, coaches, owners and not showing up for MRI but thought he would play in a game no matter what the Steelers had to win. Brown leaves stadium not supporting the team for his own selfish attitude. Brown is not man enough to step up and say I messed up, no blame everyone else. Sanders get the real story

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Like the way Ben had a one on one talk with Washington, and Washington said it helped.
Or maybe like when he called/texted Bryant every day when he was in rehab. I wonder if AB or Tomlin did that?

Let us face it he isn't far from being a meme player like AB, which is why he can identify with him.

You notice though even with the Bronco's ****** QB play he has quieted. A different locker room culture.

Some fans will eventually realize Tomlin is one of the worst locker room managers.

Wallace,AB,Harrison,Sanders &,Bryant. Too many problems that were allowed to fester.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
From the interview it appears that he was talking specifically about Ben talking about individual players to the media on his broadcast. He didn't like that Ben mentioned that AB shouldn't have drifted on his route or that he wanted to throw to JuJu all 4 times. My issue is that Manning threw his entire OL under the bus and nobody said a word.

They only point fingers if it's Ben.

If Brees, Brady, Payton speak out, players don't question