• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Enough with the cheating - they are excellent

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I grew up on the winning side of excellence. It was awesome. The 70s Steelers were excellent. The talent was awesome, the coaching was awesome, and the result was excellence. It was a bar that no other team could get over. Dallas came close. They were tremendous, but they were not excellent. When the game was on the line, the Steelers of that era were not great, they were excellent. A level above. The entire team rose above the other team, and there was nothing the other team could do about it.

That's the New England Patriots of today. I recognize their excellence, and it's nice to see again.

DLN

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, I have grown to appreciate the way the Patriots approach their games and are not rigid and tied to a stupid paradigm like we are in the Steeler way. They change from game to game and from half to half and adapt and attack their opponents weaknesses instead of trying to force their system . They have the greatest QB in NFL history and the best head coach other than Noll circa 1970s in NFL history. They are fun to watch and they would not allow a piece of **** like AB to bring the team down or even play for them. They are boring and workmanlike and I love that old school mentality. Too bad we have an idiot at head coach who would rather act cool and allow he players to run the asylum coupled with his complete lack of coaching acumen.

I love that I don;t know what to expect from them from game to game yet we all know what to expect from the Steelers, 2 DL fronts, LBs covering WRs, poor secondaries year after year that can't or won't play press coverage and a coach that coaches with his fat gut instead of sound football rationale. Things will never change under our head coach just more teams way more talented than the Pats who are poorly prepared, indifferent and getting by on talent yet not being a playoff team or Super Bowl contender for 8 years and counting.

Last edited:

DLN

Banned
Reaction score
The Steelers way has won 2 Super Bowls the last 40 years and Cowher is not coming back to draft and develop Super Bowl winning rosters that even little Mikey could win one with.

mdk2

Reaction score
I can’t disagree. They’re a damn good football team. They all have a winners mentality first, everything else is secondary. Anyone who doesn’t put the team first gets booted off the team.

P.s **** the Patriots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLN

Banned
Reaction score
Funny that Cowher credits some advice from Bellicheck for us winningthe Super Bowl in 2006 and Hines says he admires the Patriot Way and that Brady is the GOAT yet Steeler fans here still ridicule them. Seems like Hines knows more about football than we do and that he played against them and seems to admire their style while we cling to the Patriots cheat and are still cheating bullshit. Bullshit, they are just better and smarter than us , especially the moron that wears the cool shades on Sundays.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I can’t disagree. They’re a damn good football team. They all have a winners mentality first, everything else is secondary. Anyone who doesn’t put the team first gets booted off the team.

P.s **** the Patriots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are winners. Boston ******* winners

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
yet Steeler fans here still ridicule them.

B&B have now been to 9 SBs in the last 18 years and have won 6. How do you ridicule what commands respect?

You have to respect the Gints and the Iggles too because they're the only teams that have beat these guys when it matters.

Last edited:

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Belichick is a great coach.
Brady is a great QB
The Patriots cheated and without that they would have far fewer rings.

It is possible for all 3 to be true and pointing out the reality of that is not being a hater.

And with all the Pats alleged greatness, they do sure skate by on the thinnest of margins in all these big games. A margin that could well be the result of certain "advantages".

I detest the Cowboys but I acknowledge that they had a true dynasty in the 90s. They used to physically dominate teams on a weekly basis. When the Cowboys won, generally it was because they just beat down the opponent.

So many times for the Pats in these big games, they thing that turns the game isn't some tremendous play or some dominant performance, it's a big penalty or some a bunch of no calls on holds or DBs grabbing WRs.

Or it's that absolutely perfect playcall at the perfect time. We hear ex-players talking all the time about how often the opponent should guess right on play call and audibles. They routinely say that the Pats % is ridiculously high. Like if they were at the tables in Vegas, they'd be dragged to a back room and have their hands broken.

Do they win a lot because most teams these days are poorly coached? Yes. I give them credit for playing with good fundamentals and discipline.

But i will NEVER consider them one of the great teams. I've seen great teams play and the Pats don't measure up.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nobody else should even bother to take the field.

Realistically, they ought to just make the AFC a 1 team conference.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Clearly in my mind they know something no one else does. They don't have any great players other than Brady. But they all know exactly where to be and when to be there. And the real deal is they can teach what they want and fix things. The offensive line was brutal in the first six weeks. They did not look brutal in the playoffs and there in lies the difference. The Steelers coaching staff couldnt teach a cat to **** in a litterbox.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Sorry I think they're a gimmick and the world is full of suckers. They do it with the wrappers on the suckers. Defensively they do it with nobodies.

I think they are the Lance Armstrongs of sports. Nothing I have seen over the last 18 years would lead me to believe otherwise.

I'm 100% convinced. If I was on a jury nothing would deter me from my guilty verdict. Something smells to high heaven from the upper realms of that sport.

Everyone has an opinion and I have mine. Mine says bullshit.

RollRed

Reaction score
All I can say is thank God for Eli Manning, David Tyree, and Mario Manningham.... take away 2 fluke catches and Brady has a ring on every finger... think about how horrible that picture would be.... Brady with both arms outstretched with his hands clenched into fists with a Super Bowl ring on every finger. Thank you Giants and Eagles for not letting this be worse than it already is.

RollRed

Reaction score
Clearly in my mind they know something no one else does. They don't have any great players other than Brady. But they all know exactly where to be and when to be there. And the real deal is they can teach what they want and fix things. The offensive line was brutal in the first six weeks. They did not look brutal in the playoffs and there in lies the difference. The Steelers coaching staff couldnt teach a cat to **** in a litterbox.

I agree... there has to be something going on somewhere.... I don’t know what “it” is exactly but I just can’t believe, having watched this sport for 40 plus years and seeing how hard it is to get to and win a Super Bowl. Great teams... 70’s Steelers, 80’s 49’ers, 90’s Cowboys and 49’ers.. HOF’ers all over the place.... none even coming close to accomplishing what the Patriots have with, as far as I can tell, 1 HOF’er... Brady. Like I said before, take away two fluke catches and Brady is hoisting his 8th Lombardi. It all just flies in the face of the laws of probability.

awboatguy

Reaction score
It’s all about the culture and group buy-in to a common goal. No one does it better than they do. If you can’t do it their way, they don’t care if your the best at your position; you’re gone. They foster a shared focus towards a common goal and a “you’re either with us or against us” attitude. It obviously is a winning formula.

Have to give a nod to them for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
They are a well-coached and well-prepared team that makes very few mistakes and plays good fundamental football. I also think they're still cheating.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Still cheating. No ands ifs about it. Winning doesn't change this stance. If anything it reinforces it. That ****** D amazingly knew where to be and what was coming. Always easier to win if you know the signals. I will give credit to Ernie Adams you really cheat like no other. **** the Patriots, their fans, and their nuthuggers.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They were sanctioned twice for cheating and **** was still swept under the rug, destroyed, and burned.

That is an indisputable fact.

All the judgement calls that continue to go their way like Hillary Clinton coin flips in the delegate awarding process against Bernie Sanders is just more
complete and utter bullshit.

It will not stop until Roger Goodell is removed from office and he is stopped from covering his *** from his own Original Sin.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I also would like to add I come on this board to read Steelers news and debate. Not to see 20 ******* cheatriot related threads. They can easily be kept in one thread. Go nuthug on your time, ****.

6Lombardis

Reaction score
Funny that Cowher credits some advice from Bellicheck for us winningthe Super Bowl in 2006 and Hines says he admires the Patriot Way and that Brady is the GOAT yet Steeler fans here still ridicule them. Seems like Hines knows more about football than we do and that he played against them and seems to admire their style while we cling to the Patriots cheat and are still cheating bullshit. Bullshit, they are just better and smarter than us , especially the moron that wears the cool shades on Sundays.

I guess he’s forgotten the feeling he had after the 15-1 Steelers lost at home to the cheating patriots*** who later we found to have filmed opposing teams. Ward said that day the defense knew every play that was coming. I’ll never forget Hines in tears that day but I guess he has.

Stewey

Reaction score
I agree... there has to be something going on somewhere.... I don’t know what “it” is exactly but I just can’t believe, having watched this sport for 40 plus years and seeing how hard it is to get to and win a Super Bowl. Great teams... 70’s Steelers, 80’s 49’ers, 90’s Cowboys and 49’ers.. HOF’ers all over the place.... none even coming close to accomplishing what the Patriots have with, as far as I can tell, 1 HOF’er... Brady. Like I said before, take away two fluke catches and Brady is hoisting his 8th Lombardi. It all just flies in the face of the laws of probability.

This entire post my feelings exactly. What the Pats have accomplished defies probability. Makes you believe that there really is such a thing as luck.

The unheard of "tuck rule" started that dynasty. Unheard of until it was used to benefit Brady.

Jesse James TD catch that wasn't. That single play changed the entire complexion of that season for the Steelers. I believe to this day the we would have been playing in the SB that year if the Pats had lost that game as they should have.

Automatic division winners. The Pats for decades the beneficiaries of a horrible division never having to sacrifice their bodies and spill their blood to defend it like we have had to against the Rats and Bungles.

Such lucky *******.
But still amazing. The thought of the Pats surpassing the Steelers as the most amazing franchise in the Super Bowl era is sad.

Last edited:

maowv

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never made a post that is more painful that this but yes, we have to give them credit. The Pats run an incredible organization.

I'm not a big believer that it's due to Brady. Personally, while I may not like the guy, I think it's Belichek. The guy is simply on a different level. Gameplans. Drafting. Free Agency. He is able to do more with less than any other coach. He is able to bring in problem guys in free agency and keep them under control, always keeps it about the team first.

And when players start to act up, he ships them out. Remember when LB Jamie Collins was All-Pro and started making noise about his contract expectations or he would leave in free agency? Belichek traded him to Cleveland immediately. Did anyone else speak up about their selfish wants after that?

I'm convinced that if we had Belichek instead of Tomlin all these years, Pittsburgh would have 10 Super Bowl trophies by now. I'm also convinced that if New England had Big Ben in stead of Brady all these years, they would have 6 Super Bowl trophies this morning. Belichek could easily have won with our roster, and he easily could have won with Ben.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Still cheating. No ands ifs about it. Winning doesn't change this stance. If anything it reinforces it. That ****** D amazingly knew where to be and what was coming. Always easier to win if you know the signals. I will give credit to Ernie Adams you really cheat like no other. **** the Patriots, their fans, and their nuthuggers.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

there was a play in the game, a 3rd and short i believe. Romo pointed out how the play the Rams ran there was a total tendency breaker. The opposite of what they normally do in thos situations. And then he pointed out how the Pats jumped it like they knew it was coming. They stopped the play for a loss.

**** like that happens far too often with the Pats. Nobody guesses right that often.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
there was a play in the game, a 3rd and short i believe. Romo pointed out how the play the Rams ran there was a total tendency breaker. The opposite of what they normally do in thos situations. And then he pointed out how the Pats jumped it like they knew it was coming. They stopped the play for a loss.

**** like that happens far too often with the Pats. Nobody guesses right that often.

even if they had two weeks to prepare for the Rams? I think they are that prepared and coached well.