• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Everybody wants Andy to win one

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
In my experience, when everyone is talking about a guy like this, he loses.

KC is a little too happy to be there. In the background SF is looking to kick their ***. Just feels like SF will win.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
The only chance SF has is to jump to an early lead and hang on with their defense. We've seen this Strategy so many times over the years and it's an old school of thought really. Run the ball and play great defense. The New school of thought is the Chiefs who are offensive minded and balanced on all sides of the ball. exciting times.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The only chance SF has is to jump to an early lead and hang on with their defense. We've seen this Strategy so many times over the years and it's an old school of thought really. Run the ball and play great defense. The New school of thought is the Chiefs who are offensive minded and balanced on all sides of the ball. exciting times.
I think SF easily has the better run blockers on O and defense. KC can strike quickly which can keep them in the game. It will all come down to how well Jimmy plays. Both QBs are SB wet behind the ears so that aspect of it should be interesting how it plays out.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Chiefs D has been playing very good lately and especially in the playoffs. If they continue to play that well, SF won't score much and the Chiefs will win. Garapollo has done next to nothing all year. I just can't see him winning the game for SF if they need him to.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes Andy is the sentimental favorite, kind of like Cowher in XL. KC is a very good football team and should be playing for a back to back championship if dumb **** Dee Ford hadn't lined up offsides last year. They are going to cause problems for SF's defense. Gonna see why I called SF fools gold all year Sunday.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't choke and start Chad Henne or Matt Moore.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
The Chiefs D has been playing very good lately and especially in the playoffs. If they continue to play that well, SF won't score much and the Chiefs will win. Garapollo has done next to nothing all year. I just can't see him winning the game for SF if they need him to.

I can only really recall 1 game where the 9ers actually needed Garoppolo to be the guy but he was up to the task against the Saints...He isnt Mahomes no question but he fits what they need him to do. IMO the 9ers are the more complete team..I'm just hoping that Mahomes is on such a roll at the moment he can carry the Chefs to the win

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh Garrapablow and Westley Walker can suck it... go Chefs....

Also Andy wins this and he is HOF bound for sure

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can only really recall 1 game where the 9ers actually needed Garoppolo to be the guy but he was up to the task against the Saints...He isnt Mahomes no question but he fits what they need him to do. IMO the 9ers are the more complete team..I'm just hoping that Mahomes is on such a roll at the moment he can carry the Chefs to the win

Definitely the most complete team but if the Chiefs D plays like it has the last handful of games, they can shut them down. No one thought they could shut down Henry and they did with their main run stuffer on the sidelines for a majority of the game. If he is healthy now, I think the Chiefs can shut down the SF running game. Honey Badger will be covering Kittle. So, it should be interesting. I am definitely rooting for the Chiefs. Don't want any other team with that many SB's to get another until we have at least 7.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Defense often wins wins over the high flying offenses. We haven't seen KC run the ball in quite awhile and San Francisco has a great ground game and some talented options for Jimmy G. I want KC to win this game, but the 49ers have all of the pieces to win.

milkman dan

Reaction score
I'm hopeful that Reid gets his. I also like Mahomes and am rooting for him as well.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Defense often wins wins over the high flying offenses. We haven't seen KC run the ball in quite awhile and San Francisco has a great ground game and some talented options for Jimmy G. I want KC to win this game, but the 49ers have all of the pieces to win.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

That said, would really like to see Pat Mahomes and Andy Reid hoisting that trophy.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

That said, would really like to see Pat Mahomes and Andy Reid hoisting that trophy.

Well if my jinx works out like it did with my high pick em points on the rats and cheats, the niners should go down for the count.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score

This is false...Jimmy G started out slow, but here is a tidbit from nfl.com "In 2019, Jimmy G was the only QB to rank top five in completion percentage (69.1, fifth), pass yards per attempt (8.4; third), and pass TDs (27; tied for fifth)." He had almost 4k yards and 27TDs. He is more than capable

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
And that young rookie Deebo Samuel is really starting to turn it on. Kittle of course is a beast, but they'll have a plan to neutralize him. Should be a good game.

Mahomes is going to have to be special IMO, but I think he wants to show the world how special he really is.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes Andy is the sentimental favorite, kind of like Cowher in XL. KC is a very good football team and should be playing for a back to back championship if dumb **** Dee Ford hadn't lined up offsides last year. They are going to cause problems for SF's defense. Gonna see why I called SF fools gold all year Sunday.

Fools gold? Thats patently ridiculous. Whether or not the Niners win tmrw evening, its beyond obvious that San Fran has easily been one of the best teams in the league this season

Last edited:

Vader

Reaction score
The issue is going to be KC offense. They were down 24 points to Houston and in the blink of an eye they went up 28 to 24 at half time. They scored 28 points in ONE quarter. That offense if it is rolling is unstoppable. If KC can get a few stops at key times the game will be over. I don't see the 49ers stopping KC's offense much. They won't be able to rush 4 and drop everyone in coverage as they've done playing against a horribly over matched GB and Vikings teams. KC won't be over matched.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
The issue is going to be KC offense. They were down 24 points to Houston and in the blink of an eye they went up 28 to 24 at half time. They scored 28 points in ONE quarter. That offense if it is rolling is unstoppable. If KC can get a few stops at key times the game will be over. I don't see the 49ers stopping KC's offense much. They won't be able to rush 4 and drop everyone in coverage as they've done playing against a horribly over matched GB and Vikings teams. KC won't be over matched.

That's a good point. I keep going back and forth on this one. Just hope it's a good game, and the spectacles surrounding it don't get too political or ridiculous.

Siebert

Banned
Reaction score
I think the 49ers are going to run the ball down their throat and use Kittles and Deebo Samuel to get a big early lead and grind down KC. The Chiefs beat the 21st and 28th ranked defense in the Titans and the Texans and have not faced anyone like the 9ers. I dont care who wins, love both teams and just hope its better than last years snoozefest.

One thing is refreshing, no team to hate and root against unlike the last 10 years or so.

Siebert

Banned
Reaction score
Some interesting stats. The teams in the Super Bowl era wth 55 or more sacks are 6-0 in Super Bowls and the 49ers have 57.

The better defense has won 9 of the last 10 Super Bowls and the lone loss was the mental retardation of Carroll passing from the 1 against the Pats.

The games are usually won in the trenches and the 49ers are much better on both lines and have the best play designer in the NFL. Shanahan is a master of getting defenses to see the same looks and running different plays from them slowing the defense's reactions and creating misstep which allow the open running lanes.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
And that young rookie Deebo Samuel is really starting to turn it on. Kittle of course is a beast, but they'll have a plan to neutralize him. Should be a good game.

Mahomes is going to have to be special IMO, but I think he wants to show the world how special he really is.

Very good points in this thread. In many regards it is the San Fran D Vs a very special QB in Mahomes. If Andy doesn't get in his way it should be a very interesting matchup. But for the very reason people are rooting for Andy is the very same reason for concern. We are talking about a very good coach that seems to always come up short. We will see if that still rings true today. Deebo was one WR high on my draft likes. No shocker to me he is doing well.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score

I saw that team in person cough the ball up 5 times to a listless offense and barely win. They ain't **** when they get punched in the mouth. Seattle took them to the last play twice. They are lucky they didn't see them for a 3rd time. If the ball is in Jimmy G's hands, they're losing this game today.