• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

FA 3rd QB Option

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
just take a udfa or if Benson goes undrafted pounce on him right away, The late I would target are 2 are Duggan or Dorian Thompson if you just need someone to hold a clipboard in sweats.
Worst case Dobbs or some journeyman put them on the ps to avoid the type of situation SF got in had to start back, then back up gets hurt, and then the rookie, he gets hurt then some scrub plays in Div final.
I think perhaps Clayton Tune someone takes a chance in mayvbe the 5th

steelhurt

Reaction score
I’d be fine signing Brett, Mason whatever, to a contract as a backup to Kenny and trying to trade Trubisky for a day three draft pick. Save some money with Mitch’s cap hit and have a backup that knows the system in Rudolph.
We have no fifth or sixth pick so if we can get either for Mitch, I’d do it.

xjx

Reaction score
I told you guys a long time ago, steelers will throw down a low offer...his agent won't get any interest...Rudy signs.

steelcan58

Reaction score
At least nobody is questioning if Rudy would get a fair chance to compete for the starting job if he does come back to Pittsburgh - yet.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Some team will pay Rudolph backup money, because that's what he is. I don't anticipate the Steelers paying him backup money to be their third-string QB, unlike last year, because of the increase in Trubisky's 2023 salary.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
What Rudy the red nosed third stringer hasn't signed anywhere. No way, the boards resident snowflake would say that is impossible.
I do recall a certain someone insisting that Rudolph would be signed immediately if not sooner when free agency began, to compete for a starting job. Or some bullshlt along those lines.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
Brett Rudolph III ... sounds like the name of a guy that wasn't used right in whatever place he is coming from. Let's give him a chance!

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if they take Herndon Hooker or Stetson Bennett in the late rounds to ride the pine behind Kenny and Mitch. I don’t see it worth anything to bring in another vet (unless Kenny or Mitch get an injury that keeps them out).

The thing is- I wouldn’t be surprised if Rudolph is invited to a camp elsewhere this summer.

ianv2012

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if they take Herndon Hooker or Stetson Bennett in the late rounds to ride the pine behind Kenny and Mitch. I don’t see it worth anything to bring in another vet (unless Kenny or Mitch get an injury that keeps them out).

The thing is- I wouldn’t be surprised if Rudolph is invited to a camp elsewhere this summer.
I doubt Hendon Hooker lasts past round 3, he may go higher than that even with the ACL recovery

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt Hendon Hooker lasts past round 3, he may go higher than that even with the ACL recovery

Agreed. But for the injury, he is almost guaranteed to go top 75. He is what a LOT of teams are looking for - mobile, accurate, performed against very good competition.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
just take a udfa or if Benson goes undrafted pounce on him right away, The late I would target are 2 are Duggan or Dorian Thompson if you just need someone to hold a clipboard in sweats.
Worst case Dobbs or some journeyman put them on the ps to avoid the type of situation SF got in had to start back, then back up gets hurt, and then the rookie, he gets hurt then some scrub plays in Div final.
I think perhaps Clayton Tune someone takes a chance in mayvbe the 5th

I like your Clayton Tune projection, He will go in the 5th or 6th. If we had the draft pick I would strongly consider him as 3rd QB.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Mason Rudolf is gone, he won’t be back unless there is major injury with-in our organization.

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

Stetson Bennett could be this year's Brock Purdy for somebody. Wouldn't mind at all if the Steelers picked him up late -- he's a competitor, and I think he'll become a top tier NFL backup/spot starter.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Stetson Bennett could be this year's Brock Purdy for somebody. Wouldn't mind at all if the Steelers picked him up late -- he's a competitor, and I think he'll become a top tier NFL backup/spot starter.
I wouldn't mind him in the 7-A.

Cooch would like him in the 4th so that he could hand off to the RB he drafted in round 1.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

top seed, just curious as to who you would take between Bennet & Tune ??? I know a little about Tune but not much about Mr. Bennet.

Salute the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

It's possible he could be something. It's hard to say with that much talent around you.

He definitely needs to work on his public speaking because he comes across as dumber than a box of rocks.