• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

*Fairwell Miami

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

bmoritz

Reaction score
This truly is a perfect test of Tomlin's ability to lead. If he puts Bell on the exemption list, and don't pay him during that time (obviously on the front office as well), then sits his *** on the bench the rest of the season, he'll show he's a true leader. If he hands the ball over to Bell, then screw him. It will hurt the team BIG TIME from a morale standpoint.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
This truly is a perfect test of Tomlin's ability to lead. If he puts Bell on the exemption list, and don't pay him during that time (obviously on the front office as well), then sits his *** on the bench the rest of the season, he'll show he's a true leader. If he hands the ball over to Bell, then screw him. It will hurt the team BIG TIME from a morale standpoint.

Unless Conner has a major injury, I agree, and would like to trade Bell Now.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Why on Earth would Coach Tomlin insert a player who hasn't proven himself, this year, to slow down the production on offense??? That makes no sense. Now, does he try to figure out a way to incorporate BOTH RB's on the field at the same time and/or use Bell as a rotational player to give JC a breather.

Guess what, Bell's timing on coming back, believe it or not, will now send CHILLS OF FEAR down the remaining teams on our schedule - ESPECIALLY if he is incorporated into the offense and not a bench warmer.

Just my two cents...

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hoping the front office does whatever it takes to get the maximum return, while not letting this jackass ever wear a Steeler uniform again.

Can't see how him in the locker room again will help this team.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
the trade deadline doesn't concern the Steelers with Bell. They can do as they please.

Coach believes he has power to trade any player at this point in time.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm for Bell to be the primary backup RB when he is in football shape. What is that 4, 5 or 6 carries a game? Heck if it creeps up to 10 to 15 snaps a game later on so be it. As someone above stated. When Bell is ready to roll other teams won't be liking it one bit. And also....**** YOU Bell.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
In reality, Bell coming back to the locker room can not be ideal. Factions will appear, tensions will escalate and major decisions will be left to a coach that has a sketchy history of dealing with adversity and strife. We can only hope that Tombert plays a game winning hand.

th
th
th

ktw1021

Reaction score
I gotta feeling he reports tomorrow in the middle of a short week as we prepare for a team who is playing lights out right now, This, in turn, becomes a huge distraction and further pisses off everyone from the front office down to the players. It is all about him again. I am so done with him. I agree with some of the above posts, Tomlin should sit him unless major injury to #30.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Stay away until next week and then we should sit him for 2 weeks without pay. Then he can come in and spell Conner and play special teams.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score

You mainly sit him but I would use him as a change of pace to keep both fresh. IF he plays hard it would be great to have two backs fresh and ready to go come playoff time. I want wins not drama if he can help great if not then sit ***.

oicu8ad

Reaction score

THIS^^ Weeks ago, I stated that Conner has earned the starting job from here on out, and, given that, I said something like: "that being said, I fully expect Tomlin to **** on Conner and insert Bell into the lineup as the starter". At the time, I truly believed that of Tomlin. But as I sit here today, I think Tomlin has grown tired of his bullshit antics and will do the right thing and stay with Conner. I'm rooting for you to make the right choice Cool Shades. Please don't blow it and prove my initial thought of you correct.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
First off, those wishing injury on another person need to reevaluate some things in their life.

Tomlin needs to have or be told what the plan is for levMEon bell. We as fans don't know the inside story and we probably never will but actions will tell a lot of the story. Myself, I bring him in and negotiate a small stipend for the 2-week roster exempt (you can't expect a man to work out and not get paid). Once activated to roster, he sits until game shape as far as RB goes BUT he plays on special teams. You work him into the game and remember who has what role being CONNER the starter. If BELL can help us win great, if not then he sits.

Salute the nation

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
IN A PRE Rats game interview with CMT when the gratuitous Me'Veon question was asked:
"Right now we need volunteers not hostages".....
Mmmkay coach, lets see them cujones!

Last edited: