• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Favorite...non-Steeler player?

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a huge Steeler fan, as we all are here...but, through the years there are a few players I would have LOVED to see in the B&G.

I'm a defensive type guy in my preferences so I don't long for a lot of Offensive divas...besides, the Steelers have plenty of HoF WRs and the like.

My fave non-Steeler is John Randle. That dude was an absolute animal and a fantastic player...and probably crazy, lol.

Anybody else?

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
21-pat-tillman-story-620x415.jpg

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
On a trip to see Pittsburgh vs. the Jets Curtis Martin was on our connecting flight from NY to Pittsburgh. He was very gracious in taking time to talk to my son and take a pic. So I would go with him on a personal level. Fitz has always seem like a class act and stuck with a **** team through not much thick and a lot of thin.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
so many greats...Walter Payton, Dan Marino, Joe Montan, Jerry Rice, Fitzgerald, Cunningham, Megatron....just a handful of guys on the offensive side of the ball.

On defense...Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Ronnie Lott, Junior Seau

so many, but in the end, i love defense first and my all time non-Steeler defender i ever watched is my answer: Lawrence Taylor

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
so many greats...Walter Payton, Dan Marino, Joe Montan, Jerry Rice, Fitzgerald, Cunningham, Megatron....just a handful of guys on the offensive side of the ball.

On defense...Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Ronnie Lott, Junior Seau

so many, but in the end, i love defense first and my all time non-Steeler defender i ever watched is my answer: Lawrence Taylor

Bruce Smith is on my short list and LT was probably the best D player ever...yeah...great choices.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have several but I'll just mention a few and in no order but Walter Payton near top list, Bruce Smith, Don Bebee.

My son when he was playing 7th & 8th grade football. EDIT: is at the top of my list

Salute the nation

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Marino
Earl Campbell
Larry Fitz

So many more

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Larry Fitz and Barry Sanders

Would've been great if Fitz, Marino, Martin, Dorsett, McCoy, Covert, H. Green, Mark May, A. Donald and Fralic had somehow stayed in town and played for the Black and Gold.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Dan Marino and Larry Fitz.
Gronk even though he played for the Cheating Bastiges, remember he graduated from high school in Pittsburgh.
J.J. Watt.
Barry Sanders.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
My fave non-Steeler is John Randle.

Hey mine too. Buddy is a big Vikings fan so that may have something to do with it but the guy wasn't drafted, talked (sometimes weird) **** to everybody, and was eventually inducted into the Hall of Fame. What a player. I'll stick with one player for now.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mine too. Buddy is a big Vikings fan so that may have something to do with it but the guy wasn't drafted, talked (sometimes weird) **** to everybody, and was eventually inducted into the Hall of Fame. What a player. I'll stick with one player for now.

Knight Rider!

Too much fun. That guy was out there...a great player and a good soul.

Muddler

Reaction score
Tom Br...(just kidding, put away the assault rifles!)

I always loved Barry Sanders. Until the year I took him in the first round of my fantasy draft and he decided to retire a couple weeks later.