• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Favorite...non-Steeler player?

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Charles Woodson the guy who as a young teen made me into a football fanatic the way he just dominated at Michigan.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tom Br...(just kidding, put away the assault rifles!) and RED HOT POKERs

I always loved Barry Sanders. Until the year I took him in the first round of my fantasy draft and he decided to retire a couple weeks later.

Whew...........

Salute the nation

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I will add Tony Dorsett. I think Dorsett is very underrated and I loved watching him run the ball. I'm a homer for Pitt players anyway.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Brian Dawkins.

Stewey

Reaction score
HOF'er Randy White, only because he was born in Pittsburgh and had a ton of respect for those Steelers.

But with the likes of Mean Joe and company we didn't need him.
randy-white.jpg

Last edited:

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Defense is Brian Dawkins
Offense is Barry Sanders
ST is Steve Tasker

K is Justin Tucker. I think he's the best kicker to ever play the game.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Joe Montana - I had Kid's size football with a printed signature, a 49'ers helmet and his jersey as a kid. My Saturday's were spent running the West Coast offense to perfection, throwing to imaginary Receivers. Such is life growing up in the sticks.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

With out the
RED
HOT
POKER

treatment first............................................. (lol)

Of course it doesn't hurt to practice,...... Ss-ins how you're volunteering ..........

Salute the nation

Pittsburgh Charlie

Forefather
Reaction score
Lots of greats here that I agree with don’t want to leave out any. .

My favorite current player though is Derek Carr

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
favorite of all time

Earl Campbell

The guy was a ******* beast

It's a shame what he is now though Coolie. He was on Texas Metal a while back and they never showed him standing up. I don't know if he is ambulatory or not but it definitely looked like he needed assistance getting around. No doubt that football takes it's toll later in players lives.

images
images
images

Not to take anything away from Campbell, he was indeed great, but remember this.

Out of curiosity, I looked him up on Wiki.......

Campbell has experienced various physical ailments in his later life. By 2001, at age 46, he could barely close his fist due to arthritis in his hands.[86] He developed foot drop due to nerve damage in his legs, and has difficulty bending his back and knees.[86][87] He was diagnosed with spinal stenosis in 2009.[88] Because of his difficulty walking he uses a cane or a walker, and for longer distances a wheelchair.[5][89] Campbell at first maintained the ailments were genetic,[89][90] but said in 2012, "I think some of it came from playing football, playing the way I did."[84][91]

Last edited:

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta go with Larry, I've actually met him a couple of times living out here. He just smiled when I mentioned leaving school too early and not being in B&G. He is a class act.

Second would be Marino if he were drafted correctly, we'd probably be going for #9.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta go with Larry, I've actually met him a couple of times living out here. He just smiled when I mentioned leaving school too early and not being in B&G. He is a class act.

Second would be Marino if he were drafted correctly, we'd probably be going for #9.

One of my employees was Morten Anderson’s back up as a kicker for Michigan State. (Doesn’t get much lower than that on a depth chart, but who knew Mort would crush all the NFL records?). Anyway, after a game against Pitt they ended up at the same party as Marino. He told me Marino smoked more dope than he’s ever seen anyone smoke in his life. But that he was an awesome guy. I’ve always liked him.