• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Favorite time of year, rookie jersey #'s!

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
More #'s of new players, including FA's & UDFA's:

30 DeMarkus Acy CB
65 Abdullah Anderson DE
35 Kalen Ballage RB
29 Shakur Brown CB
33 Calvin Bundage LB
84 Rico Bussey WR
61 T.J. Carter DE
93 Demarcus Christmas DT
79 Rashaad Coward OL
38 Stephen Denmark DB
67 B.J. Finney OL
17 Mark Gilbert CB
71 Joe Haeg OT
3 Dwayne Haskins QB
44 Jamir Jones LB
28 Miles Killebrew LB
46 Arthur Maulet S
17 Isaiah McKoy WR
45 Jarvis Miller LB
80 Mathew Sexton WR
82 Tyler Simmons WR
26 Donovan Stiner S
24 Lamont Wade S
62 Brandon Walton OT
50 Jamar Watson LB
15 Cody White WR

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I live for this day. Took off work just so I could be the 1st on my block to memorize the numbers. I was hoping Shukar was going to get number 84

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Green, Friermuth and Loudermilk have something to live up to!

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
The axiom here today, gone tomorrow hits hard every year when the rooks get their numbers.

Maurkice Pouncey? Stellar, 10-year career, multiple Pro Bowls. Boom, rookie center drafted in the 3rd round comes in and snatches Pouncey's #53.

Bud Dupree? Started hitting his stride, became a highlight reel tandem with TJ, shuffles off to the Titans. Boom, OLB Quincy Roche comes in and grabs that familiar #48.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Najee Harris is gonna rock that #22. ๐Ÿ”ฅ

1620942186327.png

1620942201569.png

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Okie doke...no weird new numbers.

I know that was Green's college number, but I too am a little surprised they gave him 53.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Okie doke...no weird new numbers.

I know that was Green's college number, but I too am a little surprised they gave him 53.

The only wierd one I saw was cornerback Mark Gilbert with #17, Mike Wallace's old number.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The only weird one I saw was cornerback Mark Gilbert with #17, Mike Wallace's old number.
Oh yeah! Missed that one. Definitely one of the new number choices.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How many pro owls has 48 made? Everyday number.

53 may be a little different

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I think that since the Steelers have been able to give out #82 and #88 so liberally, at this point #32 should be fair game, too.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm glad they showed up. Shows me a lot as a fan. Cam and the other lazy vets in the NFLPA were all over them trying to get them not to show up. Glad they stood on their own two feet and did what was actually best for themselves and the team and not listen to the lies coming from the NFLPA and whoever they get their fake COVID info from.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Lets hope the new #22 isn't like the old #22 spending his days as a Steeler running back in sweat pants on the sideline.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
Lets hope the new #22 isn't like the old #22 spending his days as a Steeler running back in sweat pants on the sideline.
womp womp

duce.0.jpg

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Still wanted them to issue Harris #32. At the very least for preseason.

There is more than enough pressure on this young man to succeed than to add to it the pressure of living up to the legend of Franco Harris. Why add the added view on how that number & viewed perception would fall on this young man's back. These rookies get to request their numbers and obviously Najea didn't want #32 for what ever reason.

Allthough the romance and nostalgia of the old number 32 would be more for the FAN than for the player.

Salute the nation

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
There is more than enough pressure on this young man to succeed than to add to it the pressure of living up to the legend of Franco Harris. Why add the added view on how that number & viewed perception would fall on this young man's back. These rookies get to request their numbers and obviously Najea didn't want #32 for what ever reason.

Allthough the romance and nostalgia of the old number 32 would be more for the FAN than for the player.

Salute the nation
Had nothing to do with pressure or living up to a legend. Just wanted to see Harris and 32 on the same jersey again. Why do so many feel the need to compare/rank players today, with those from decades past? There is no way that a true comparison can ever be done, the game is completely different. Kind of like arguing tennis and badminton

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Had nothing to do with pressure or living up to a legend. Just wanted to see Harris and 32 on the same jersey again. Why do so many feel the need to compare/rank players today, with those from decades past? There is no way that a true comparison can ever be done, the game is completely different. Kind of like arguing tennis and badminton

I TOTALY hear what you are saying, simply seeing the (new) Harris with the O'l #32 rolling.

I'm NOT cross era comparing but as simple as just putting a previous legend's number on and having the same name........ EVERYONE will instantly make comparisons. There is no way that won't happen. That is where the pressure will come from, like it or not. That' why I'm glad he made a choice for his number as his choice was partly to not be compared.

As simple as it may sound ( I'm not against it) the NFL is just to big to leave simple things alone.

Salute the nation