• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fire Tomlin

MB47

Reaction score
Haven't watched them last few games and don't really care if we win.or not anymore we are not going to win anything worth a **** with the guy so why get worked up. This coming from.a die hard fan that lived and died with the team.for 50 plus years. Tired of complaining and expecting different results from.the moron and the Steelers heirarchy.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
It's a winning record but not by much.

Remember too, we had our backup QB, our #1 and #2 WR's are out, and our OL has a bunch of rookies including a C who is awful.
Still, Mason did okay until the weather turned to ****.
So this falls back on not being prepared.Ben is old, if it wasn’t Covid it would be injury. This team needs to be prepared.’and we were not focused or ready

FordFairLane

Reaction score
You're ******* hilarious!!!

Tell me, Fordy - when did we know that Ben wasn't playing today??? Monday? Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday? Friday? Saturday??? The answer was Saturday and I can guarantee you that that news was a major blow in today's game results.

Was it the HC fault that two fumbles come from DJ and Muth???

Can you blame the HC for the atrocious roughing the passer call on Norwood???

Gimme me a break...it was a tie.
It’s the 0-8-(and now 1) Lions. There’s no excuse. Goff had like what 11 yards at half? We should have been up enough where DJ isn’t trying to make something out of nothing and the Muth fumble shouldn’t have mattered either. And I’m not going to blame the refs. Bad calls happen every game.

0-12-1 Lions over their last 13. This team is a dumpster fire and Tomlin is Oscar the Grouch!

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh every coach in the nfl is a strategic imbecile… at least tomlin comes up with some decent defensive strategies… he is an excellent dc at times… just look at our points allowed this year

Offensively this team is too young… we probably should have brought in more vets to give them some perspective

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Though i am pretty pissed at the staff today… and a lot of the players… you give lip service about not taking a team lightly then as soon as you have a lead take them lightly

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Seen on FB. The Tomlinbardi trophy.

257541081_1118619315342750_5670934723193139029_n.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The most infuriating part of Tomlin is the minimal to no responsibility for what happens. Watch Hairballs presser after getting outclassed by Miami and compare it to cool shades. Hairball takes total responsibility for not being ready for what Miami did. The Lions gouged the Steelers for the middle third using extra TEs and Tackle eligible. It was just ****** tacking. Like ****. The olineman were on the inside backers before they got out of their stance. Spillane should have been in there for down one and two. If it was third and long bring in Bush. Try walking people up to the gaps and playing aggressive.

chipped ham

Reaction score
I don’t necessarily disagree but to blame it on Tomlin is an escape. Tomlin had nothing to do with 2 huge fumbles and and interception. He also didn’t miss wide open receivers on several occasions or missed tackles.
This is true, BUT allowing that gameplan was ******* atrocious today. Never, in any game (let alone a snow/rain downpour) should Mason Rudolph be attempting 50 passes. Especially when the opposition has the 31st rank rush defense in the game. Also, regarding the passing game, we seen a total of 220-230 yards. What is that, a sub-5.0 ypa? I thought it was all because Ben couldn’t throw the football down the field (not saying you ever claimed this ATL, but I know many have)?

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
This is true, BUT allowing that gameplan was ******* atrocious today. Never, in any game (let alone a snow/rain downpour) should Mason Rudolph be attempting 50 passes. Especially when the opposition has the 31st rank rush defense in the game. Also, regarding the passing game, we seen a total of 220-230 yards. What is that, a sub-5.0 ypa? I thought it was all because Ben couldn’t throw the football down the field (not saying you ever claimed this ATL, but I know many have)?
Forget just the passing numbers, why were we in shotgun so damn much? After the first high snap it should have been taken out. I had flashbacks of the Browns playoff game and then it happened, and Najee nearly died recovering it.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I don’t think we win more than one or two games the rest of the year.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The most infuriating part of Tomlin is the minimal to no responsibility for what happens. Watch Hairballs presser after getting outclassed by Miami and compare it to cool shades. Hairball takes total responsibility for not being ready for what Miami did. The Lions gouged the Steelers for the middle third using extra TEs and Tackle eligible. It was just ****** tacking. Like ****. The olineman were on the inside backers before they got out of their stance. Spillane should have been in there for down one and two. If it was third and long bring in Bush. Try walking people up to the gaps and playing aggressive.
Disagree, he acknowledges and accepts that responsibility in the game of football and things of that nature with popcorn every week, obviously.
Apparently it doesn't sink in though because the next week the team goes out and does the same thing. :cool1:

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh every coach in the nfl is a strategic imbecile… at least tomlin comes up with some decent defensive strategies… he is an excellent dc at times… just look at our points allowed this year
Strange that you would say such a thing after Tomlin's defensive strategy today allowed a team averaging 93 yards on the ground to rush for 229 yards at a 5.9 per clip.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Disagree, he acknowledges and accepts that responsibility in the game of football and things of that nature with popcorn every week, obviously.
Apparently it doesn't sink in though because the next week the team goes out and does the same thing. :cool1:
Haha. Gold. What changed is we tackled better. Sure. No you sat in your base while they gouged you with run and they clearly couldn't pass. Then it became so painfully obvious..

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Strange that you would say such a thing after Tomlin's defensive strategy today allowed a team averaging 93 yards on the ground to rush for 229 yards at a 5.9 per clip.
I said at times… and frankly who cares… they scored 16 points… the d was not the problem here

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The issue all year is that this offense averages 19.6 points per game… often never breaking 20 points… we have one of the top scoring defenses in the league and are still a negative in net points (points for-points allowed)…. The offense needs to score more … they need more splash plays and for tgat they really need more speed

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I said at times… and frankly who cares… they scored 16 points… the d was not the problem here
Yeah, 16 points. That's what the punchless Lions average per game. And they missed an extra point and a field goal today.

It's nice that you don't care that a ****** winless team ran the ball right down the Steelers throat for the vast majority of the day. To me, that is a ******* problem.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
I am not calling for anyone to be fired yet (except maybe Canada), but if we go 8-8-1 and they call it a non-losing season for Tomlin I may go on a shooting rampage. No, not really if you are the FBI reading this. It is hyperbole you dipshits.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Cmon. Zero turnovers. Gouged on the run for 229 yards. They played their part.
The defenses job is to not let the other team score… and they dod a pretty good job of that despite a slew of injuries to key players… last week you can blame tge d… but they held them here… we just fumbled all our chances away

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The defenses job is to not let the other team score… and they dod a pretty good job of that despite a slew of injuries to key players… last week you can blame tge d… but they held them here… we just fumbled all our chances away
I think it was a group cluster ****. No one gets a pass. They pass protected good. They covered well. That's about all I got. If this team doesn't get turnovers they have a hard time winning.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Yeah, 16 points. That's what the punchless Lions average per game. And they missed an extra point and a field goal today.

It's nice that you don't care that a ****** winless team ran the ball right down the Steelers throat for the vast majority of the day. To me, that is a ******* problem.
They came up with a heavy set, we adapted before the end of the game… mostly the issue was we weren’t trying to tackle we were trying to punch the ball out andd as soon as we went back to fundamentals later in the game, that run game dried up

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score