• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fire Tomlin

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
And someone also said he has the most losses to teams with losing records when he has a winning record. He is also in the tops against teams with winning records. Plays down to competition consistently

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It seems there is a lot of arguement to the negative side but what about the positive side, PLEASE chime in !

Occasionally they come up with a great game plan, stopping the cheatriots win streak was one such game.

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
And someone also said he has the most losses to teams with losing records when he has a winning record. He is also in the tops against teams with winning records. Plays down to competition consistently
Conversely, Tomlin’s teams rarely get blown out by better competition. Steelers should’ve lost to the Chargers by double digits and they were right there for the win.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Except in the playoffs.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think the main job of the coaches is to get the best out of the players. I rarely see that with Tomlin. Just so many scheme issues on an almost weekly basis. If something doesn't work they just keep doing it over and over. In the Lion game it was refusing to stack the line. In the Charger game we didn't spy Herbert among other things. I just do not see us exploiting or at least trying to exploit other teams weaknesses.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I played for a coach in HS that had his idea of what would be done, yet never had players that fit that mold. He absolutely refused to tailor his plan to the players he had. He lasted 6 years and had a 6-60 record. He ended up getting a chance at another school and won 6 titles in 10 years. His success was because it was a Catholic School that recruited the players he needed to make his game work.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I played for a coach in HS that had his idea of what would be done, yet never had players that fit that mold. He absolutely refused to tailor his plan to the players he had. He lasted 6 years and had a 6-60 record. He ended up getting a chance at another school and won 6 titles in 10 years. His success was because it was a Catholic School that recruited the players he needed to make his game work.

That's a great story but here at the STEELERS camp it seems they don't draft players to fit their scheme. To many square pegs and not enough round holes so to speak. They get a few but it seems the system is either to complicated or changes to much for the players they get.

Salute the nation

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a great story but here at the STEELERS camp it seems they don't draft players to fit their scheme. To many square pegs and not enough round holes so to speak. They get a few but it seems the system is either to complicated or changes to much for the players they get.

Salute the nation
My point was the scheme only works if you have the players to make it work. Otherwise you must put a scheme together to fit the players you have. That and quit drafting project athletes instead of bonafide football players.

jenaie42

Reaction score
Tomlin being a black man has nothing to do with how I feel about his coaching the Steelers. I don’t care about his race if he can coach and bring championships to my team.
My opinions of Tomlin have been based on what I’ve seen over the years, I think he squandered Ben’s prime years along with talent such as AB, Lev Bell, Martavis Bryant, Heath Miller, etc, This organization should have won a couple SB ‘s from 2011 thru 2018 but we never even sniffed the SB. Nah, I’ve seen way too much and am convinced that we will never reach another SB with him.
I disagree because Tomlin has nothing to do with the performance of the players. It's the players performance that loses the game, not the coach. I can say, that Tomlin should have made better decisions when keeping players and letting go players.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My point was the scheme only works if you have the players to make it work. Otherwise you must put a scheme together to fit the players you have. That and quit drafting project athletes instead of bonafide football players.

I got your point and fully agree. Just Tomlin isn't even aquiring players to fit his sceme. Not sure of our scouting department but we seem to have slipped in talent evaluation and draft pick success.

Salute the nation

MB47

Reaction score
Why have a coach if its all on the players, dumbest thing I have ever heard.

diver

Reaction score
The way I look at this anymore is they cannot compete with better teams right now. They just can't. Maybe it has to get so bad they will almost be forced to move on. Since they sure as hell aren't getting closed to a SB, I think we should really hope it gets bad.

I hate even saying it. I feel like a bleeding *****. But you watch this team, and it feels like there is no hope.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
It seems there is a lot of arguement to the negative side but what about the positive side, PLEASE chime in !

Occasionally they come up with a great game plan, stopping the cheatriots win streak was one such game.

Salute the nation
Tomlin comes up with some good schemes and gameplans… but the problem is when a team counters it effectively we don’t change it up. That’s one reason we fade down the stretch every year… like last year the ravens exposed our offense and we never ever changed anything…

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't ever hope for losses or tanking. That's losing team nonsense. We're in for a stretch of struggle, get used to it. Ben needs to gracefully move on but he's got too much money on the table for that. As for Tomlin? He isn't going anywhere.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I disagree because Tomlin has nothing to do with the performance of the players. It's the players performance that loses the game, not the coach. I can say, that Tomlin should have made better decisions when keeping players and letting go players.
By that logic the only way you should lose an NFL job is by retiring or death. He us responsible for the on field product

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
The standard has lowered considerably. Obviously. We may unleash hell on whoever's turn it is to ***** slap us around next weekend. Time will tell. We tied the worst team in the league at home, that told everyone what this team really is. Injuries or no injuries.

diver

Reaction score
I can't ever hope for losses or tanking. That's losing team nonsense. We're in for a stretch of struggle, get used to it. Ben needs to gracefully move on but he's got too much money on the table for that. As for Tomlin? He isn't going anywhere.
I know. I hate saying it. It's a terrible attitude.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the main job of the coaches is to get the best out of the players. I rarely see that with Tomlin.

Joe Schobert hinted at what we already know; Tomlin treats practice like it's really just a day off. No discipline, no real game plan, no sense of urgency. No fire, not physical.

If something doesn't work they just keep doing it over and over.

Back to the practice issue. And Tomlin's stunning arrogance and stubbornness. Just keep banging your head against that wall. He needs to feel serious heat from the owners or absolutely nothing will change.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I would call you a retard but my intelligent won't allow me to. I don't believe in calling people names that is below me. Have a Bless Day!
I’m glad your intelligent won’t allow you to sound retarded…

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Bump for the idiots who insist on starting a new thread for the same stupid ******* thing.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Joe Schobert hinted at what we already know; Tomlin treats practice like it's really just a day off. No discipline, no real game plan, no sense of urgency. No fire, not physical.

TROY also stated something in the lines of taking practices seriously before he left. Some said he was just mouthing off to the Organization but at the time I felt he had a legitimit beef going. Others of past players have said something along those lines as well.

Joe Schobert is current and I'd think him coming in from another team has something to compare to.

Back to the practice issue. And Tomlin's stunning arrogance and stubbornness. Just keep banging your head against that wall. He needs to feel serious heat from the owners or absolutely nothing will change.

Coach Tomlin isn't a player's coach for nothing................... His lackidaisical undisaplined team on game day shows us how practices are ran,.... You are what you practice..

That goes for his ENTIRE coaching staff as well.

This **** show isn't BEN's fault, he is a part of the product but he isn't HC.

Salute the nation

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
For me, the Mike Tomlin experiment is over.

Felt this way last year. Far more so now.

This has been in my mind for awhile as well. Nice post Tim !!!

Salute the nation