• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

First-pick.com - 2021 - and so it begins.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Bump froze on me so bumping so I don't have had hunt it down.😁

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Round 1 Pick 20: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Jaquan Brisker, FS/SS, Penn State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 20: Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Jaxson Kirkland, OT, Washington (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Damarion Williams, CB, Houston (A+)

Have some more studying to do obviously to get to where I can pick easily in the 7th.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It tell ya that Brisker kid has some solid potential. What do you Penn State fans think of him?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Round 1 Pick 20: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Jaquan Brisker, FS/SS, Penn State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 20: Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Jaxson Kirkland, OT, Washington (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Damarion Williams, CB, Houston (A+)

Have some more studying to do obviously to get to where I can pick easily in the 7th.

Would Jordan Davis be a RT or a LT and what kind of player do you think he is? STARTER right out of the gate? I'd take that easily.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Name is just too close to Bubby Brister for my liking ........lol

Be careful or your car insurance could go up........... he still has connections from what I hear..........................

Salute the nation

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Would Jordan Davis be a RT or a LT and what kind of player do you think he is? STARTER right out of the gate? I'd take that easily.

Salute the nation
Jordan Davis is a DAWG ..... large enough to play 2 positions at once......... he is a DT not OT

99 reasons to like him ......... he makes Big Snack look like an appetizer

1643078320729.png
If he ever suffered a concussion and went into the protocol .......... they would need a bigger tent

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation
He is a run stopping force of a nose tackle. He would make those run stopping issues go bye bye.😁

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Jordan Davis is a DAWG ..... large enough to play 2 positions at once......... he is a DT not OT

99 reasons to like him ......... he makes Big Snack look like an appetizer

View attachment 7914
If he ever suffered a concussion and went into the protocol .......... they would need a bigger tent

Thanks Paul, I remeber now.!

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He is a run stopping force of a nose tackle. He would make those run stopping issues go bye bye.😁

Like I have said I'm not big in college and should have reconized this name but I'm the type that asks questions regardless.

If he were to fall to us at 1.20, I'd pull that trigger as well, unfortunately we have a defensive system that seems to want to thrive on 2DL sets. A player like this could be utalized to change back to actual run stuffing and pocket colapsing "D" that we were known for in the past.

EXCITMENT galor

What's the odds of him being there at 1.20, I'd think slim, very BIG slim.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Like I have said I'm not big in college and should have reconized this name but I'm the type that asks questions regardless.

If he were to fall to us at 1.20, I'd pull that trigger as well, unfortunately we have a defensive system that seems to want to thrive on 2DL sets. A player like this could be utalized to change back to actual run stuffing and pocket colapsing "D" that we were known for in the past.

EXCITMENT galor

Salute the nation
I dunno teams tend to gravitate towards pass rushers and that isn't his bread and butter.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score

EXCITMENT galor

Salute the nation
I think there is a good chance he would still be on the board at 20 ...... I don't think he will make it out the 1st round though

We have a lot of holes and this dude would be a luxury .......just don't think we are in that position.....

There are 3 OT a C in Linderbaum and an ILB that I would put ahead of Davis if they are still there at 20

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance he would still be on the board at 20 ...... I don't think he will make it out the 1st round though

We have a lot of holes and this dude would be a luxury .......just don't think we are in that position.....

There are 3 OT a C in Linderbaum and an ILB that I would put ahead of Davis if they are still there at 20
With the run D sucking most of the season and Tuitt's status up in the air plus Alu's age and return to form concern. Not 100 percent convinced that is a luxury over a need.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Totally with you, I'm in a mind set that we need at least one fully startable OL from 1st or 2nd pick plus a starting FA OL. CENTER is bigggggg need and we can't afford to pass on one again this year, lesson learned.

Tuitt is the wild card and I'd get that decision made and made very soon. He might not like what I have to say but I dang well would have it decided before FA opened. This wait and see is RE-active and I'm PRO-active.

Most players would love me because of my fair but tough standard for the team. My actions would speak very loudly and guys like Chase Claypool would be working thier ***** off to keep up with me. No cliches no bullshit and I'll take on lineman even if I don't have pads on a one on one drill, any one caught holding back..... including me...... would be running laps. If Ben stopped in just to say HI, he'd be out there running laps like it otr not. I'd drive to James Harrison's home and like the teacher Mr. Haund on Fast times at Ridgemont High, let him know how much time he owes me and he would be running ******* laps as well.

No one from past present or future would be safe. Tomlin would be locked in COACH office with tomlinisms continous loop and then laps. Rooney and his wife / kids and dog would be running laps. Probably the only one not running laps would Mrs. Haley as she would be busy with the new May I introduce myself

Head Coach
Drink IRON City

other-wise known as

DIC

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Totally with you, I'm in a mind set that we need at least one fully startable OL from 1st or 2nd pick plus a starting FA OL. CENTER is bigggggg need and we can't afford to pass on one again this year, lesson learned.

Tuitt is the wild card and I'd get that decision made and made very soon. He might not like what I have to say but I dang well would have it decided before FA opened. This wait and see is RE-active and I'm PRO-active.

Most players would love me because of my fair but tough standard for the team. My actions would speak very loudly and guys like Chase Claypool would be working thier ***** off to keep up with me. No cliches no bullshit and I'll take on lineman even if I don't have pads on a one on one drill, any one caught holding back..... including me...... would be running laps. If Ben stopped in just to say HI, he'd be out there running laps like it otr not. I'd drive to James Harrison's home and like the teacher Mr. Haund on Fast times at Ridgemont High, let him know how much time he owes me and he would be running ******* laps as well.

No one from past present or future would be safe. Tomlin would be locked in COACH office with tomlinisms continous loop and then laps. Rooney and his wife / kids and dog would be running laps. Probably the only one not running laps would Mrs. Haley as she would be busy with the new May I introduce myself

Head Coach
Drink IRON City

other-wise known as

DIC
We already have a ******** Coach

sorry you would have to change your moniker

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
With the run D sucking most of the season and Tuitt's status up in the air plus Alu's age and return to form concern. Not 100 percent convinced that is a luxury over a need.
Maybe a poor choice of word......... basically meant those 5 other players who are on the field for 3 downs take priority for me over a DT who likely would not be.
They need to get that Tuitt situation cleared up soon and yes Alu is aging but there were several other of the DAWG's DLine that interested me as well.
I would need to look up draft eligibility for them or consult MTC

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Your score is: 51475 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 26 (BUF): Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 26 (BUF): Malik Willis, QB, Liberty (A+)
Round 3 Pick 23 (L.V.): Channing Tindall, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23 (L.V.): Luke Goedeke, OG, Central Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Zamir White, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Jaylan Foster, FS/SS, South Carolina (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Jayson Ademilola, DT, Notre Dame (A+)

One trade down as I think the OT's I like (Pennington, Raimann, Faalele) can be taken later. Paying more attention to Raimann, who played opposite Goedeke at Central Michigan. Excellent balance, very long arms, will be a solid RT. The need on DL speaks for itself and Mathis is the answer. Don't like the QB pool, but thought Willis better than anybody else this late.

Tindall is going to be a solid ILBer. Goedeke is rated as a G on the site, but his tools mean he could swing over and play OT in a bind. He is becoming one of my favorite round 4 guys.

Austin makes Tyreek Hill look big. Austin also cuts like Tyreek Hill. Long time since the Steelers have had a WR like that - Holmes maybe? Zamir White is a legit backup RB for when Harris needs a series off or gets dinged up. Ademilola is like a lot of late-round picks. He looks great on occasion. Those occasions are not often enough.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Your score is: 52299 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 1 (JAX): Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 12 (CLE): Derion Kendrick, CB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (JAX): Channing Tindall, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (CLE): Carson Strong, QB, Nevada (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27 (DEN): Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1 (JAX): Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 10 (DEN): Tyler Davis, DT, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Sevyn Banks, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Riley Moss, CB, Iowa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Nolan Smith, DE/OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20: Mekhi Garner, CB, Louisiana (A+)