• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

First-pick.com - 2021 - and so it begins.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
169177943_10225811023963000_7500709833283038990_n.jpg

Settings:
Speed - Fast
Care for positional value - Less
Randomness - More
Draft for needs - Less
Public vs PFF Board - middle

Yeah, if Trey Lance falls to 24, have to do it. Also really like the Shaun Wade pick. Big CB to match up with TE's and bigger WR's.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

35. Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State

62. Pete Werner LB Ohio State

93. Davis Mills QB Stanford

101. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis

128. Shaun Wade S Ohio State

137. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame

153. Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State

161. Trey Hill OC Georgia

216. Malcolm Koonce EDGE Buffalo

2022 ATL 2nd
2022 KC 3rd

Several weaknesses on the team addressed. OL, RB, CB/S, ILB, pass rush. Plus a really good developmental QB and, oh yeah, six of the first 100 picks in 2022 draft. Want to move up to grab a star that will change the team? Now you have the draft capital to do so.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

35. Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State

62. Pete Werner LB Ohio State

93. Davis Mills QB Stanford

101. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis

128. Shaun Wade S Ohio State

137. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame

153. Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State

161. Trey Hill OC Georgia

2022 ATL 2nd
2022 KC 3rd

Several weaknesses on the team addressed. OL, RB, CB/S, ILB, pass rush. Plus a really good developmental QB and, oh yeah, six of the first 100 picks in 2022 draft. Want to move up to grab a star that will change the team? Now you have the draft capital to do so.
compared with yours it seems I jumped the gun on Gainwell and then on trey hill, guess I didn't want to risk losing the last top C available and not having a 5th rushed my pick. Still in real time I wouldn't risk losing after the 4th round

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

69. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

87. Davis Mills QB Stanford

89. Brady Christensen OT BYU

95. Brevin Jordan TE Miami (FL)

128. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame

245. Brenden Jaimes OT Nebraska

254. Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida State

2022 CHI 2nd
2022 LAC 2nd
2022 CIN 2nd
2022 TB 4th
2022 LAC 6th

It's on, *******. Four legit OL, including a C for the next ten years, a G from Notre Dame I really like, a genuine LT with excellent feet who needs to get better run blocking (we run to the right instead behind Meinerz, Banks and Banner), my new favorite developmental QB, a TE who is more of a slot WR but fast as hell, a fat guy for the DL, a developmental pass rusher.

Oh, and five of the first 60 picks in the 2022 draft.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Trey Smith could be an absolute steal if we get him in the 2nd.
UT's offense has been **** with a **** QB (Jarret Guarantano), so he's not been raking in the accolades that others have. He's a quiet, go-about-your-business type. Reminds me of Faneca and Foster.

If we cannot get Amari Rogers later in the draft, another UT WR wouldn't be too bad - Josh Palmer. 6-1, 210 and a 4.5 40.
Though if you look at our roster, WR is the least of concerns. It would be pretty hard for any rookie to crack PT there behind Juju, Diontae,Claypool and Washington. McCloud is back as the returner and we've got some young guys behind them. Most intriguing is Anthony Johnson at 6'2", 220

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Fine, I'll draft for this season, particularly because the player pool this year is pretty darn good. Balance between offense/defense, with focus on OL, front 7 on defense. Couple deals after key targets gone (Etienne in 1st, Cosmi in 2nd).

pfn-logo-black

26. Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma [Best C in draft, probably best interior lineman]

59. Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State [True LT, good footwork, ideal size. Strength can be added]

60. Pete Werner LB Ohio State [Fast, always around the ball, teams with Bush to give the Steelers dominant ILB tandem]

98. Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa [Very active interior lineman. Not a huge physical presence at 300 lbs., but very good hands, disruptive]

128. Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State [6'0", 216 lbs., runs a 4.40, excellent inside runner, good receiver, starter day 1]

216. Olaijah Griffin CB USC [Not a big CB, but great footwork, turns and runs very well. Going to be a productive slot CB early]

245. Buddy Johnson LB Texas A&M [Not a big guy, but great ST player right now, a tackling machine at A&M]

254. Brenden Jaimes OT Nebraska [Big wingspan, good footwork, excellent value this late]

So there it is - the "oh, we're going to make a run THIS YEAR!" draft. The offensive line gets a starting C day one, an ILBer who probably starts by the middle of the year, a DT who is in the rotation right now, a LT for the next five years, a RB who I think can turn out to be extremely good.

Wheeeee for 2021!!

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

69. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

87. Davis Mills QB Stanford

89. Brady Christensen OT BYU

95. Brevin Jordan TE Miami (FL)

128. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame

245. Brenden Jaimes OT Nebraska

254. Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida State

2022 CHI 2nd
2022 LAC 2nd
2022 CIN 2nd
2022 TB 4th
2022 LAC 6th

It's on, *******. Four legit OL, including a C for the next ten years, a G from Notre Dame I really like, a genuine LT with excellent feet who needs to get better run blocking (we run to the right instead behind Meinerz, Banks and Banner), my new favorite developmental QB, a TE who is more of a slot WR but fast as hell, a fat guy for the DL, a developmental pass rusher.

Oh, and five of the first 60 picks in the 2022 draft.
hard pass

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
For all the "2021 is the year!!" crowd - so much talent in the 1st when my turn to pick, realized could move down and get an elite player, extra picks for more elite players. Five of the first 87 picks.

pfn-logo-black

31. Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma

55. Javonte Williams RB North Carolina

62. Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State

63. Eric Stokes CB Georgia [6'1", 188 lbs., pair of sub-4.4 40's at Georgia's pro day, 38½" vertical, good footwork, 4 picks last year, 2 for pick-six]

87. Davis Mills QB Stanford [One more year of Ben, then what? This guy is what]

128. Adrian Ealy OT Oklahoma [Excellent RT prospect. Anybody who thinks Banner is going to be able to play 1000 snaps this year is high]

216. Shemar Jean-Charles CB Appalachian State [Slot CB with skills, tracks receivers, not grabby at all]

245. Noah Gray TE Duke [More a receiving threat than a blocker right now, but skilled player who could have gone top 125 picks with better 2020]

254. Max Duffy P Kentucky [Flips the field pretty regularly. Downside, 28 years old, rugby and used to a lot of running around before kicking]

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (BUF): Dylan Moses, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 23: Quinn Meinerz, OG/C, Wisconsin-Whitewater (A)
Round 3 Pick 29 (BUF): Keith Taylor, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn (A+)
Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Pete Werner, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 33: Doug Kramer, C/OG, Illinois (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Max Duffy, P, Kentucky (A+)
Round 7 Pick 27: Trevon Grimes, WR, Florida (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2022 Round 1 Pick
2023 Round 1 Pick

we'd never hear from Bermuda again. He'd pull the tip off and bleed out.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure I would be too disappointed in this one.
..... tried to move up and get Meinez but no takers
doubt someone would let Pitts get out of the top 12

Your score is: 44353 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 24: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (A+)
Round 2 Pick 23: Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 23: Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23: Pete Werner, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Sadarius Hutcherson, OG, South Carolina (A+)
Round 6 Pick 33: Trevon Grimes, WR, Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Mark Webb, CB, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 27: Max Duffy, P, Kentucky (A+)

Your Future Picks:

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
  • PIT

Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

• PIT

Dillon Radunz
    OT North Dakota State

• PIT

Trey Sermon
    RB Ohio State

• PIT

Keith Taylor
    CB Washington

• PIT

Shaka Toney
    EDGE Penn State

• PIT

Cary Angeline
    TE North Carolina State

• PIT

Buddy Johnson
    LB Texas A&M

• PIT

Christian Uphoff
    S Illinois State

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
Your score is: 48231 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31 (K.C.): Creed Humphrey, C/OG, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 6 (PHI): Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 23: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25 (CLE): Quinn Meinerz, OG/C, Wisconsin-Whitewater (A+)
Round 4 Pick 18 (PHI): Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23: D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (CLE): Hamilcar Rashed, DE/OLB, Oregon State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Jacoby Stevens, FS/SS, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 6 (PHI): Cary Angeline, TE, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 33: D'Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Rakeem Boyd, RB, Arkansas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 27: Josh Ross, ILB/OLB, Michigan (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2022 Round 1 Pick
2023 Round 1 Pick

How You Matched Up:
1. Minnesota Vikings - 49437
2. Pittsburgh Steelers - 48231
3. San Francisco 49ers - 48064
4. Kansas City Chiefs - 47540
5. Miami Dolphins - 46882
6. Dallas Cowboys - 46325
7. Houston Texans - 46258
8. Los Angeles Chargers - 45992
9. Tennessee Titans - 45509
10. Atlanta Falcons - 45484

FordFairLane

Reaction score
#24- Azeez Ojulari
EDGE, Georgia
Without Dupree and Watts contract coming up having a premier pass rusher to rotate in is a bigger need than people realize. Highsmith flashed but I’m definitely not handing him the starting spot. Azeez checks the boxes as he’s only 20, power conference school, and both Tomlin and Colbert attended Georgia’s pro day.

#55- Pat Freiermuth
TE, PSU
Old McDonald retired and Ebron isn’t the long term solution. Freiermuth is an every down TE that for some reason slips this far. Might have bigger needs but too good of value.

#87- Spencer Brown
OT, Northern Iowa
I wait a little long to start fixing the offensive line but in a deep draft I figured a good one would fall. Brown is a freak athlete at 6-8 311 pounds. Kinda scary leaving the blindside to a rookie but our quick pass offense should keep Ben upright.

#128- James Wiggins
S, Cincinnati
Edmunds I don’t see coming back in 2022. Wiggins is a plug and play safety who is jacked up and is interchangeable at FS or SS.

#140- Trey Hill
OC, Georgia
Hill isn’t the most athletic center but he has a strong base, long arms, and is a road grader in the run game.

#216-
Ihmir Smith-Marsette
WR, Iowa
Smooth athlete that didn’t get to show off his talent with poor QB play at the run first Iowa offense. Depth guy now but JuJu and James Washington might be gone after 2021.

#245- Elijah Mitchell
RB, Louisiana
I’m way higher on Mitchell than most but he’s a steal here. Shifty back who can run and catch. Nose for the end zone and breakaway speed.

#254- Camryn Bynum
CB, Cal
Waited pretty long for a CB to but the value was never there. Bynum has tons of starting experience and is a good athlete. Probably better suited for outside and I think we are more in need of a nickel but really wasn’t one worth drafting so I’d sign a couple UDFA.

I used the draft network site as I like it a little better.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I only see 4 RB in this draft that would be an upgrade to Conner. Etienne, Williams, Harris, and Carter. Carter may not be able to be a workhorse but neither is Kamara and I’d sure take him. The first 3 will almost certainly be gone by rd 2 and Carter likely by rd 3. The way I see it. If the Steelers do want a RB upgrade then it likely has to be in Rd 2.

That really squeezes things. I feel that ILB is a big need as is TE. So is C and T. With T being deep maybe they feel they can land a guy in rd 4. If they go with a LB in rd 1 then I think they are out of the RB market, unless they want to make some trades, maybe trade back in Rd 1 to get multiple Rd 2 picks then move back up if need be to grab the guys you want. That kind of wheeling and dealing is not what the Steelers do so I won’t count on it.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
There‘s still a chance Conner returns on a 1 year deal.

Free agency has pretty much stopped. A few guys signed big multi year deals, but then it seems most have decided to take 1 year deals and wait until the cap goes back up next year. Now you have a ton of guys who seem to be waiting until after the draft. it’s doubtful any remaining free agent will land a big deal. If that means playing on a 1 year deal, you better find yourself in a good situation Where you can have a good season to showcase yourself for next year.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
There‘s still a chance Conner returns on a 1 year deal.

Free agency has pretty much stopped. A few guys signed big multi year deals, but then it seems most have decided to take 1 year deals and wait until the cap goes back up next year. Now you have a ton of guys who seem to be waiting until after the draft. it’s doubtful any remaining free agent will land a big deal. If that means playing on a 1 year deal, you better find yourself in a good situation Where you can have a good season to showcase yourself for next year.
I feel Conner and Villanueva should be able to be signed pretty reasonable by draft time.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel Conner and Villanueva should be able to be signed pretty reasonable by draft time.
I know some posters are against Al returning. But better to have a LT and not need one than need one and not have one. A rookie isn't guaranteed to not get your QB killed year 1. Better to have some insurance at that position especially.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I only see 4 RB in this draft that would be an upgrade to Conner. Etienne, Williams, Harris, and Carter. Carter may not be able to be a workhorse but neither is Kamara and I’d sure take him. The first 3 will almost certainly be gone by rd 2 and Carter likely by rd 3. The way I see it. If the Steelers do want a RB upgrade then it likely has to be in Rd 2.

That really squeezes things. I feel that ILB is a big need as is TE. So is C and T. With T being deep maybe they feel they can land a guy in rd 4. If they go with a LB in rd 1 then I think they are out of the RB market, unless they want to make some trades, maybe trade back in Rd 1 to get multiple Rd 2 picks then move back up if need be to grab the guys you want. That kind of wheeling and dealing is not what the Steelers do so I won’t count on it.
you don't like Gainwell or Sermon?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding combine results - and I get why they are popular because if you draft a terrible player you can always say, "Yeah, but he is 255 lbs. and ran a 4.61 40" - I offer the following. Turns out he was a pretty good player, despite the "ehh" combine results.

HeightWeight40-yard dash20-yard shuttleVertical jumpBroad jumpBench press
6'0"240 lbs.4.92 seconds4.13 seconds32 1/2 inches9'6"20 reps

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I know some posters are against Al returning. But better to have a LT and not need one than need one and not have one. A rookie isn't guaranteed to not get your QB killed year 1. Better to have some insurance at that position especially.
I think Big Al could be back for 3 years 24 million. Not too shabby for at least a better than 50% of the NFL's LT. Conner probably in that 3-4 million range. Maybe get a little hometown discount come draft day and is closer to 3 million.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Had to trade a 2022 4th round pick to make this happen, but more and more I think the first three rounds make or break a team and damn, the Steelers need to address the QB position right the @#$% now.

pfn-logo-black
24. Travis Etienne RB Clemson [Liking Etienne more and more. Big enough, lightning quick, plus receiver]

55. Baron Browning LB Ohio State [Can you imagine Bush and Baron in the middle, trying to outdo one another cuz Mich vs. OSU?]

87. Walker Little OT Stanford [True LT, starter at some point this season. Huge fella, 6'7", 320 lbs., good balance, good feet]

111. Davis Mills QB Stanford [Somebody is going to get a starting QB in the 3rd or 4th; how about the Steelers? Big, fast, plus-plus arm]

140. Jaylon Moore OT Western Michigan [6'4", 311 lbs., 3-year starter, 27 reps - took some snaps at C during pro-day]

216. JaCoby Stevens S LSU [6'1", 212 lbs., 40" vertical, 3-year starter in SEC. In reality no way he lasts this long, but mock]

245. Jonathon Cooper EDGE Ohio State [Played DE at OSU, looks like a 3-4 OLB, 6'3", 253 lbs., 4.69 40, 28 reps]

254. Ben Skowronek WR Notre Dame [A late-round flier. 6'3", 220 lb. WR, excellent hands, fights for ball in traffic]

Okay, had to give up Steelers 4th rounder in 2022 plus pick 128 to get Mills, but feel like excellent value. If Mills played this season, I have little doubt he would go no later than 2nd round 2022 draft. A combination of the ******-up Covid response in California and the incredibly deep QB pool this year makes him available.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
you don't like Gainwell or Sermon?

i like Gainwell. He should be a solid player but I’m not sure he’ll be a huge upgrade. I do actually think Conner is pretty good. Not great, but he’s good enough if the OL and scheme are improved. I’m high on McFarland as well. He can be very good in Canada’s scheme.

I’m not a fan of Sermon. He looks stiff to me.

With the needs the Steelers have, if they take a RB in the first 3 rounds, it better be a clear upgrade to Conner. Right now, I‘d be on board with Williams, Etienne and Harris in Rd 2 and Carter in Rd 3. Other than that, there will be better prospects at more important positions. I’d rather take a flier on a guy in Rd 6.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

29. Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma [Nothing more needs to be said - top-tier C prospect]

50. Javonte Williams RB North Carolina [Had to move up to get him, cost a 2022 4th round pick which can afford due to deal involving 1st round pick]

87. Walker Little OT Stanford [LT written all over him. In Sharpie, so it's serious]

101. Talanoa Hufanga S USC [Samoan S from USC? Naah, would never work. Guy is solid]

125. Kyle Trask QB Florida [Ignoring QB leads to Kent Graham. It does, I have proof]

143. Adrian Ealy OT Oklahoma [Give me not one, but two legit T prospects cuz I heard teams need two]

199. Janarius Robinson EDGE Florida State [Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane but at pick 199, go for the Tarzan]

216. Jonathon Cooper EDGE Ohio State [Really like his prospects at OLB]

2022 DET 4th

Address RB, LT, C, RT, S, pass rush and future QB. Also get Detroit's 4th in 2022.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

24. Travis Etienne RB Clemson [Three-down back, good speed, pass catcher]

59. Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame [Borrowed Little's Sharpie, also has LT written all over him now]

87. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater [Bull at C to handle NT, DT in AFC North]

128. Kyle Trask QB Florida [Cuz I hear QB matters]

136. Garret Wallow LB TCU [Tackling machine. Pro-day results may have him up well before 136. 4.65 40, superb shuttle, oh, and he plays well with pads on]

140. Bobby Brown DT Texas A&M [Big guy cuz big guys important in the North]

158. Shaun Wade S Ohio State [Elite tools, needs to become more instinctual but could be a superior SS by 2022]

175. Cole Van Lanen OT Wisconsin [Cuz big guys good. Wisconsin has produced some superb linemen over the past 10 years]

245. Malcolm Koonce EDGE Buffalo [Good speed rush, can be ST guy, project, pass rusher to spell Watt and Highsmith]

Also get Houston's 2022 6th