• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For the Steelers, Centers are the Center of Attention

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Permanent ban from posting?

You might not be alive if he does. Maybe if Pouncey played for NY, Chicago, or LA he'd have a better shot.

Centers making the Hall are rare. Yes, I called Peters. Just 1 of the 100 things you forgot. I also said , Howard and Simmons over A Burns, and many other correct calls ( Watt ) and busts Hood Jones, Archer, Sweet, Coates, and more.

Chickillo I never call a star you dolt. I just said better than Jarvis Jones. And he is. The rest of your drivel and explaining how it went down is not worth my time. You do know Williams was injured last season. How's your boy Deandre Baker doing ? Arrested and waived already : )

Now comes the time when you ***** about people not paying for the website. See ya!

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You might not be alive if he does. Maybe if Pouncey played for NY, Chicago, or LA he'd have a better shot.

Centers making the Hall are rare. Yes, I called Peters. Just 1 of the 100 things you forgot. I also said , Howard and Simmons over A Burns, and many other correct calls ( Watt ) and busts Hood Jones, Archer, Sweet, Coates, and more.

Chickillo I never call a star you dolt. I just said better than Jarvis Jones. And he is. The rest of your drivel and explaining how it went down is not worth my time.

Now comes the time when you ***** about people no paying for the website. See ya!
You would think someone with a luxury vehicle could contribute to a site. The cost would be peanuts to a wealthy guy. But let's not fool ourselves nobody spreads more drivel than you. Don't say see ya unless you really mean it. Don't tease.😁

steelhurt

Reaction score
Pouncey is over rated. His best year could have been his rookie year, he got a rep and that was that. He could be over powered and his shot gun snapping sucked. In his prime he could pull, but we didn't see much or ay of that in his final years. No shot at the HOF.
Awe bullshit Coach. The guy has been a solid player for us for over 10 seasons, been all pro like six times. He’s was one of the best at initial block and second level block. You’re basing you’re evaluation on some bad snaps? ******* nuts here Coach.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
BS nothing, he's been overpaid for years and living off his early day rep. Had issues with deep snapping and was often pushed backward v bigger players. Yeah he could pull, that was years ago. Centers do not make the hall of fame often, you can look it up. He's no Dirt Dawson or Mike Webster. When he was hurt, guys from the street replaced him with no issues. As such his value to the team wasn't that great.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
😆 cooch is the worst player evaluator in the history of sports. Pouncey will be in the HOF cooch. When you are ready for a ban bet chicken **** be sure to let me know.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
the Pitt C I see more as a 3rd rounder Trey Hill Hump, Myers Dickerson are bona fide better prospects than Jimmy M.
Heard we could give Linsley a back-loaded deal maybe 4-5 years at 8.5-9 mill.

steelhurt

Reaction score
BS nothing, he's been overpaid for years and living off his early day rep. Had issues with deep snapping and was often pushed backward v bigger players. Yeah he could pull, that was years ago. Centers do not make the hall of fame often, you can look it up. He's no Dirt Dawson or Mike Webster. When he was hurt, guys from the street replaced him with no issues. As such his value to the team wasn't that great.
Come on Coach, be serious. Pouncey has been one of the best centers in the league for years.
No one was comparing him to Mansfield,Webster, Dawson or even Harding’s.
Pouncey was an athletic player who for years did his job at a high level. Ask Lev Bell or DeAngelo Williams what he thought of Pouncey.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Chickillo I never call a star you dolt. I just said better than Jarvis Jones. And he is. The rest of your drivel and explaining how it went down is not worth my time. You do know Williams was injured last season. How's your boy Deandre Baker doing ? Arrested and waived already : )

Now comes the time when you ***** about people not paying for the website. See ya!

But you said Pouncey would “NEVER!”. so the Backtrack Dumb *** that you are means you’ve changed your statement....again. If am a dead in five years, and Pouncey goes in the HOF, it proves like always you are an idiot and just another keyboard warrior who hides behind his less than GED education.

Kevin Mawae, Dirt Dawson, Dwight Stephenson, Bruce Matthews......all voted in the last 20 years.....yeah they are rare JackAss. Not to mention those are pure Centers, there are some Guards voted in who also played the position. Just stick to luxury car opinions at the bar you watch TV from. Dumb ***.

“1 of 100 things“ I forgot.......hahahhahahahah. Compared to the 1 in 10000 things you forgot. Correct calls? Like most everyone on this board, said the same thing about Jones. Hood a bust? He’s had a 10 year career in the League. More likely for PIT he didn’t fit the scheme. Have no idea who Sweet, Coates are and there is no way I’m following into the Archer rabbit hole. The thread has 20000 names listed who commented the same thing. So don’t think you are someone who is more knowledgeable than any other else, because you aren‘t.

To follow your playbook, Greedy Williams hasn’t done anything in two years. sure he was injured last year, he didn’t do anything in his rookie year either, so by your track record he’s a bust. Maybe his head is too big, I don’t know.

“My boy” Deandre Baker? You do know that he was cleared of all charges and his agent was charged with extortion on Baker himself. So the Giants cut ties without due process. Stupid on their part. Asinine on yours to even mention it as a poor draft pick. Id take a flyer on him if was a available, but he’s with the Chiefs.

And, oh my God, Anthony Chickillo. There are a cast of thousands on this board who would vouch for your crush for him and HOF potential. Stick to predicting Jacksonville traffic patterns, your luxury vehicle should have a radio that helps.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Pouncey was way more athletic than Hartings. You make the all decade teams when you are smashing guys at the fist level and the 2nd level. Hartings could never do that. He was best earlier in his career, but All-Pros are earned. Pro Bowls are rep.

Still I call him a lock, so I'm willing to bet Coach. What are the terms for Pouncey making the Hall?

Hartings was not as athletic as Pouncey, but he could get to LBs pretty consistently and had a much stronger base against the pass rush.

Pouncey could be overpowered at times.

Hartings is probably as underrated as Pouncey is overrated.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
I just don't think the Steelers can spend a 2nd round pick on a C, no matter how important. The team right now has no legit NFL starting RB, or LT, or NT, or TE.

C is more important than a TE or a NT for that matter. The way we play our D now. Alualu played the NT out of position and had his best year for us. Still think he can be brought back on the cheap.

We have a TE, he might not be a great blocker, but he's better than any C we have on the roster. And the C is the anchor, calling all the protection. Honestly, I'll be disappointed if I see a RB drafted before a LT or C.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
i think we should fill the center position in Free agency. I think the team is going to sell out on improving the run game. I think If he is there, they take najee harris.
i think if he isnt there they take a high rated qb if one is there. 2nd pick id take a Left Tackle. Let the others fight over the Right Tackle position.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Guys on 93.7 saying the best center in this year's draft is the kid from Pitt but he is not first-round-worthy and we know how the Steelers feel about drafting players from Pitt, which is almost never. If he's there in the second round I'd grab him though.
Who did they have in as the draft evaluator? Morrissey is a bit undersized and to some extent a project. He's a Day 3 pick.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
i think we should fill the center position in Free agency. I think the team is going to sell out on improving the run game. I think If he is there, they take najee harris.
i think if he isnt there they take a high rated qb if one is there. 2nd pick id take a Left Tackle. Let the others fight over the Right Tackle position.
BJ Finney was released by the Bungles. He’s started maybe a dozen games when he was with PIT for Pouncey when he was injured. Solid player with us, couldn’t really fit in SEA because of COVID and no off-season workouts. Wouldn’t impact our comp formula either.

Harris will be a player, but Williams is the better fit. Plus, Williams is only 20. Harris will be over 28 at the end of his rookie contract.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Well Coach. Centers that make the all decade team have a 100% HOF appearance. So my reasoning is a bit more solid than yours.

Also to be clear, I wasn't the one ******** on your terrible evaluation of Chickillo. I could care less about your draft eval...

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
BJ Finney was released by the Bungles. He’s started maybe a dozen games when he was with PIT for Pouncey when he was injured. Solid player with us, couldn’t really fit in SEA because of COVID and no off-season workouts. Wouldn’t impact our comp formula either.

Harris will be a player, but Williams is the better fit. Plus, Williams is only 20. Harris will be over 28 at the end of his rookie contract.

I was thinking maybe someone better than Finney. IDK maybe Finney can do it. We have holes, adding him wont hurt.

Holy crap, Najee Harris is Uncle Jarvis Part 2. No wonder he runs like a stud, hes 4 years older than everyone.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Who did they have in as the draft evaluator? Morrissey is a bit undersized and to some extent a project. He's a Day 3 pick.
Dunno, but I was thinking if the kid from Pitt is the best center then it's a pretty thin draft for centers.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Pouncey is a HOFer? He was good, but HOF quality?
Yes - no question...
Pouncey is over rated. His best year could have been his rookie year, he got a rep and that was that. He could be over powered and his shot gun snapping sucked. In his prime he could pull, but we didn't see much or ay of that in his final years. No shot at the HOF.
You OBVIOUSLY are basing your opinion after the past 2 years. It's been noted that Pouncey was one of the most mobile/agile C's in the history of the game. Sure, he wasn't a power center - his ability to block and get to the second level was unbelievable.

I'm all in for this 'no shot at the HOF' for Pouncey bet...

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
BJ Finney was the absolute worst snapper we ever had. Always put balls on the ground. He was terrible in preseason and fortunately never had to snap for us during the regular season.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
BJ Finney was the absolute worst snapper we ever had. Always put balls on the ground. He was terrible in preseason and fortunately never had to snap for us during the regular season.
Cope you sure you aren’t confusing Finney with someone else? I know he started for Pounce several games when he was here.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Cope you sure you aren’t confusing Finney with someone else? I know he started for Pounce several games when he was here.
might be Feiler when he tried to snap. Both Fs were on the team at the same time...