• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For the Vick haters:

Status
Not open for further replies.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
This thread amuses me. As you all know, I prefer to "forgive and forget" rather than "hold on to unnecessary negative feelings". I just pray that nothing bad ever happens to those that choose to hold on to the hate - I pray that nothing bad happens to anyone in your family. By "bad" I mean that nothing like what happened to Michael Vick.

Not one of us is perfect and we make mistakes EVERY DAY...

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I've made plenty of mistakes. I have yet to physically harm a single living being with one of my mistakes.

I was driving once and sped up to make a yellow light. A skateboarder chose that exact second to dart out in front of me. I did sideways as my breaks locked up. The look of terror on his face is still fresh in my mind after 13 years. That would've been a mistake. Electrocuting, drowning, slamming and killing dogs is not a mistake in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned everyone is free to support him if that is their conscience. I can not.

steelermania

Reaction score
.he still sucks as a qb at this point in his life

Vick was a guy whose spectacular athleticism in his prime, allowed him to overcome many of his shortcomings. While he was never an elite qb, at his peak, he was quite a bit more effective than the bottom half of qbs in the league. Now that he has lost a step, he can no longer overcome his flaws with spectacular quickness and speed.

With that said, does anyone notice that the league seems to have settled on a prototype that falls somewhere between the immobile pocket passer, and the Vick type of athlete? The new prototype is the pocket passer with mobility. Obviously, Steve Young is still the gold standard, but most of the top guys now are players who can pass effectively, but can also move. None are the type of athlete that Vick was, but all can impact the game with their legs. Ben has long been one of these. Others are Rodgers, Newton, Romo, Wilson, and Luck. Winston, and Mariotta fit this mold as well, although Mariotta is a higher level athlete than the others.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread amuses me. As you all know, I prefer to "forgive and forget" rather than "hold on to unnecessary negative feelings". I just pray that nothing bad ever happens to those that choose to hold on to the hate - I pray that nothing bad happens to anyone in your family. By "bad" I mean that nothing like what happened to Michael Vick.

No not everyone makes a mistake to this degree...

should I forgive murderers and rapists too?

because dog killers rank right up there for me

what amuses me is people who try to tell me how I should feel or tell me what is or isn't necessary

you will feel like you want

and I will be justified to feel like I want...

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

"happened" to Vick? you mean what he caused by being active in illegal activities and torturing animals that displeased him? that is not a "mistake"

skialta

Reaction score
i'm super super excited that we are revisiting this topic

ark steel

Reaction score

What "happened " to Vick?

Vader

Reaction score
The people who tend to be the strongest advocates for walking the straight and narrow, tend to be people who at one time were far off the path. Former drunks, and drug addicts promoting sobriety comes to mind. People who find God after living all sorts of wild lifestyles. Some are fakes, some backslide, and some maintain their new lifestyle. Time will tell. The reason Vick incites so much controversy, is that there are some people who hold dogs in a level of esteem nearly as high as humans, while others don't regard them as being any more special than a deer, or even a fly. If you hold the former view, you're going to see Vick as a monster, if you hold the later, not so much.

I love dogs however I know they aren't human. I don't anthropomorphize them. You can ask any psychiatrist about the mentality of children who torture animals.... it isn't a pretty picture. It's not the same as drunks or addicts. It's a type of psychosis that prevents the person from feeling sympathy. If Vick had just killed the dogs I'd understand it better. But he tortured them and got pleasure from it. Please don't tell me that now he would get no pleasure because he went through "treatment".... He's like a pedophile. You keep those people away from kids. I'd keep my dog far away from Vick.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
No not everyone makes a mistake to this degree...

should I forgive murderers and rapists too?

because dog killers rank right up there for me

what amuses me is people who try to tell me how I should feel or tell me what is or isn't necessary

you will feel like you want

and I will be justified to feel like I want...

Slash, I'm not condemning anyone here for their personal feeling on Mike Vick and his past transgressions. We're all free to feel anyway that we want to.

Personally, I choose not to judge, anyone, for their actions - because, in my opinion, that is for judges on Earth and God the Father. That's just me though...

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
i'm super super excited that we are revisiting this topic

You can tell there was a pretty nice win last week when Michael Vick takes front stage as the topic of discussion/dissension ... The guy isn't even getting a hat anymore.

Good for Mike that he's at least walking the walk. It impacts me personally not a bit. I don't view it as a "feel good story of redemption" nor will I condemn the man to an eternity in Hades being chased by Cerberus while wearing lamb cutlets tied to his privates. Let me know when Mike Vick is relevant to football in general and the Steelers in particular again and then he, and the things he does at present, might get my attention.

Vader

Reaction score
Slash, I'm not condemning anyone here for their personal feeling on Mike Vick and his past transgressions. We're all free to feel anyway that we want to.

Personally, I choose not to judge, anyone, for their actions - because, in my opinion, that is for judges on Earth and God the Father. That's just me though...

Everybody makes judgements... even you. Nobody is judging his spiritual state. We are judging his actions. Which BTW everyone even Christians must do. "Judge them by their fruits".

ark steel

Reaction score
Everybody makes judgements... even you. Nobody is judging his spiritual state. We are judging his actions. Which BTW everyone even Christians must do. "Judge them by their fruits".

I can't figure out how many good fruits he would need to bear to make up for the horrors he committed. Some things, to me, are unforgivable. Going to a dog/rooster/pig/whatever fight once, I would think was a lapse in judgment. Going a couple/three times, seems worse than a lapse in judgment, but, overall, not a big deal. Attending these fights on a regular basis, to me, shows a dark blot on a person's character, regardless of what other good deeds they may be doing.

I can't imagine what kind of character flaws a person might have to actively participate in these kinds of things and actually torture these animals the way they are or how you could "redeem" that kind of flaw or behavior.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
No, I'd rather him do something without the cameras. He's just trying to remake his image. If he were some type of animal lover he wouldn't have tortured them... and if you read what he did, he didn't just kill them. He's a POS. Motives are always important. If he hadn't been caught he'd be torturing the very animals he's trying to help today... or pretending to help today. **** him.

I also don't need two false choices. It isn't either he is fighting dogs or reworking his imagine. He can shut the **** up and do something without the fan fare.

Motives will never be nearly as important as actual actions. Never.

Vader

Reaction score
Motives will never be nearly as important as actual actions. Never.

I never said otherwise. His action is "Torturing animals" his motive is "for fun". So with those two things in mind he is a POS IMHO. His motive now is "rehabilitate my image". Not one of those 3 makes him a good person. His actions suck and his motives suck. Ergo he sucks.

skialta

Reaction score
You can tell there was a pretty nice win last week when Michael Vick takes front stage as the topic of discussion/dissension ... The guy isn't even getting a hat anymore.

Good for Mike that he's at least walking the walk. It impacts me personally not a bit. I don't view it as a "feel good story of redemption" nor will I condemn the man to an eternity in Hades being chased by Cerberus while wearing lamb cutlets tied to his privates. Let me know when Mike Vick is relevant to football in general and the Steelers in particular again and then he, and the things he does at present, might get my attention.

No ****, to bring this toxic *** subject up again must mean that we all felt pretty good about the weekend prior.
Some people just need **** to complain about

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
I never said otherwise. His action is "Torturing animals" his motive is "for fun". So with those two things in mind he is a POS IMHO. His motive now is "rehabilitate my image". Not one of those 3 makes him a good person. His actions suck and his motives suck. Ergo he sucks.

But people do things for selfish reasons all the time. ****, some people donate to charity because it makes them feel good. And to that I say, who gives a toss?? Not me; I'm just glad they were willing to give of their own volition. That's all I'm saying.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
The man is a terrible QB. As a Steelers fan that's my main concern. I can't stand what he did, but frankly the league is full of piece of **** human beings and our beloved team has had more than their share all the way back to our seventies dynasty teams. I'm nobody of any consequence, I deal with it how I deal with it. I wouldn't ever try and judge, or tell someone else how to sort out something personal to them. This one is an either or proposition, I'll worry about me and let everyone else deal with themselves.

Vader

Reaction score
But people do things for selfish reasons all the time. ****, some people donate to charity because it makes them feel good. And to that I say, who gives a toss?? Not me; I'm just glad they were willing to give of their own volition. That's all I'm saying.

I have no problem with that. All I'm saying is that I have more respect for someone that does something for no return. If Manziel started running a rehab clinic tomorrow that wouldn't change my opinion of him at all. He's a drunk. He isn't hurting anyone but himself however. Vick is a psycho who enjoy torturing dogs. Him doing good works to change his image doesn't impress me.

Status
Not open for further replies.