• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For the Vick haters:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly I was never one of those guys that was going to not root for the Steelers because they picked this turd up.

But to come out as a ******* animal rights activist is a bit much.

Shut your pie hole and concentrate on being a back up QB.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Can't stand Vick, can't stand what he's done, can't stand seeing him in a Steeler uniform, can't fault the man for trying to do right...sometimes it takes get caught for a severe db to change his ways. Hope he has learned and wish he were doing it somewhere else.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hate, despise, dislike,...........what ever. Know though that something good for the animals could be achieved. The man did what he did and I don't condone any of it. But he is doing things now, in the right direction. Good luck in this endeaver, let the animals benefit along the way.

Salute the nation

ark steel

Reaction score
He can do whatever he wants. While the spot light is on him, I am skeptical of his motives. He is a turd. I only watched one game this year because they signed this turd. I don't cheer for them to lose, I just don't care whether they do or not. Even the one game I watched (seattle) it was because it was the only game on and I was too lazy to look for something else to watch. When the Steelers scored, I didn't get excited, when Seattle scored, I didn't get pissed off.

To me he is a PoS. It takes, IMO, a bit of evil to do the things he did. He didn't just run and manage the illegal gambling enterprise, he actively took part in the torture and death of the animals involved. To me, that is something missing in the person's psyche that doesn't go away with a little time in prison (not for animal abuse, btw) and some photo opportunities.

I hope he has turned his life around and become a better person. We won't, truly, know until he is out of the limelight and begins to live his life after football.

Even if he has turned over a new leaf, he is a ****** QB....

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Good for him. He certainly doesn't need to be doing this. Those inclined to forgive him have already done so and those who wish he would die in a fire will never forgive him no matter what he does.

He has done more to help animals that all you "he is a piece of **** that deserves to be tortured himself" posters put together.

Last edited:

SteelerAl

Reaction score
He can do whatever he wants. While the spot light is on him, I am skeptical of his motives. He is a turd. I only watched one game this year because they signed this turd. I don't cheer for them to lose, I just don't care whether they do or not. Even the one game I watched (seattle) it was because it was the only game on and I was too lazy to look for something else to watch. When the Steelers scored, I didn't get excited, when Seattle scored, I didn't get pissed off.

To me he is a PoS. It takes, IMO, a bit of evil to do the things he did. He didn't just run and manage the illegal gambling enterprise, he actively took part in the torture and death of the animals involved. To me, that is something missing in the person's psyche that doesn't go away with a little time in prison (not for animal abuse, btw) and some photo opportunities.

I hope he has turned his life around and become a better person. We won't, truly, know until he is out of the limelight and begins to live his life after football.

Even if he has turned over a new leaf, he is a ****** QB....

Serious question: why are you posting here? You clearly don't give a **** about the Steelers based on what you wrote. Are you just coming here and posting out of habit?

ark steel

Reaction score
Serious question: why are you posting here? You clearly don't give a **** about the Steelers based on what you wrote. Are you just coming here and posting out of habit?

Mostly. I have people here who I consider friends even though I have never met them. I still like to read what some people think about specific players and how they are doing this year. If I see someone post something that I think is incorrect, I chime in, sometimes. Sometimes I don't.

I don't participate in specific conversations about games or plays since I didn't see them. Most of my posts since the PoS was signed have been in G&G or GD.

I don't want Vick to die in a fire, I hope he has or, eventually does, become a better person. I've known several people who had been to jail and appeared to have turned over a new leaf only to revert when their probation/spot light was off of them.

I just don't want him on the team I have loved for so many years. I've told those who constantly *****, why they keep watching when the FO/Coaches make so many decisions they disagree with. How could I do any different? They made a decision that I think was bad (he isn't a good QB) or from what I think are the kind of people I want on the team. He, basically, currently, serves no purpose on the team. Less than Archer was. Therefore, I don't watch.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
He's trying to rework his image. He'd still be hanging dogs and torturing them if he hadn't been caught.

What would you suggest he do, maybe continue to promote dog-fighting, instead of "rework his image"? Because he's been caught? I mean, ****, he's been caught, **** it; let's just keep promoting that type of activity, and that type of environment, because God forbid someone question someone if/when they try to get on the straight and narrow and put that **** behind them, etc etc.

It appears to me that he's trying to do good. I'm not concerned with his motivations, only that he's doing good, for himself, and for those around him. If he thinks that this is "doing good", then that's great.

ark steel

Reaction score
What would you suggest he do, maybe continue to promote dog-fighting, instead of "rework his image"? Because he's been caught? I mean, ****, he's been caught, **** it; let's just keep promoting that type of activity, and that type of environment, because God forbid someone question someone if/when they try to get on the straight and narrow and put that **** behind them, etc etc.

It appears to me that he's trying to do good. I'm not concerned with his motivations, only that he's doing good, for himself, and for those around him. If he thinks that this is "doing good", then that's great.

motivations are important. gangbangers that give a lot of money to their neighborhoods are helping out some of those people (which is good), but it is so those people won't go to the po-po, not out of any goodness in their hears.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
motivations are important. gangbangers that give a lot of money to their neighborhoods are helping out some of those people (which is good), but it is so those people won't go to the po-po, not out of any goodness in their hears.

To me enough time has passed to indicate he's actually trying to do good rather than just repairing his image. He pled guilty nearly eight and a half years ago. That's a long ******* time. If the only thing he was sorry about was getting caught, I find it hard to believe that he would still be spending time on this stuff today. He's been collecting an NFL paycheck for 7 years since getting out of jail...it's not like he's been out of jail for 3 months and is trying to convince someone to give him another shot.

Last edited:

ark steel

Reaction score
To me enough time has passed to indicate he's actually trying to do good rather than just repairing his image. He pled guilty nearly eight and a half years ago. That's a long ******* time. If the only thing he was sorry about was getting caught, I find it hard to believe that he would still be spending time on this stuff today. He's been collecting an NFL paycheck for 7 years since getting out of jail...it's not like he's been out of jail for 3 months and is trying to convince someone to give him another shot.

It is possible. Easy to look that way when you have an NFL contract and can afford handlers and people around to make sure you don't **** up. If I knew I'd be blowing a million dollar salary, i'd be as pure as the driven snow. of course, I would have never done some of the things he did to need to prove that, either.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
It is possible. Easy to look that way when you have an NFL contract and can afford handlers and people around to make sure you don't **** up. If I knew I'd be blowing a million dollar salary, i'd be as pure as the driven snow. of course, I would have never done some of the things he did to need to prove that, either.

I'm not trying to convince you on this --- I don't think anyone on the planet has changed their mind on Mike Vick in the past 5 years --- but it is a long time to keep up an act. And he has kept his nose clean since being released from jail and he is a good teammate by all accounts. If he is just keeping up an act, he's done a hell of a job of it.

Vader

Reaction score

No, I'd rather him do something without the cameras. He's just trying to remake his image. If he were some type of animal lover he wouldn't have tortured them... and if you read what he did, he didn't just kill them. He's a POS. Motives are always important. If he hadn't been caught he'd be torturing the very animals he's trying to help today... or pretending to help today. **** him.

I also don't need two false choices. It isn't either he is fighting dogs or reworking his imagine. He can shut the **** up and do something without the fan fare.

Xc944

Reaction score
my dogs hate him therefore i hate him

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Mostly. I have people here who I consider friends even though I have never met them. I still like to read what some people think about specific players and how they are doing this year. If I see someone post something that I think is incorrect, I chime in, sometimes. Sometimes I don't.

I don't participate in specific conversations about games or plays since I didn't see them. Most of my posts since the PoS was signed have been in G&G or GD.

I don't want Vick to die in a fire, I hope he has or, eventually does, become a better person. I've known several people who had been to jail and appeared to have turned over a new leaf only to revert when their probation/spot light was off of them.

I just don't want him on the team I have loved for so many years. I've told those who constantly *****, why they keep watching when the FO/Coaches make so many decisions they disagree with. How could I do any different? They made a decision that I think was bad (he isn't a good QB) or from what I think are the kind of people I want on the team. He, basically, currently, serves no purpose on the team. Less than Archer was. Therefore, I don't watch.

Ark as you know I have no stance on Vick being on team. He did his time he is trying to repair the damage the way I see it might feel differently if I was ever a dog person. But I must say I applaud you for sticking to your guns and never ever being a dick about it. For that reason alone when the season done I hope the Steelers let him go so you can get back to watching the games. I know you miss them. You're a true stand up dude..

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't care to revisit this ****. But because it is being talked about...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But it boils me to hear **** like he served his time.

Best you say "IN YOUR EYES" \ because in my eyes he will always be the piece of **** that I know he is.

And no amount of look at me nows will convince me otherwise.

So if yinz one of those people that try to convince the world he has turned over a new leaf.

Good for you

count me in the club that knows there is no repairing what he did over and over and over and over again.

both our stances is ok but I pray this convo suffers a quick death because I am tired of people trying to convince me just how great that low life is now.

**** a Mike Vick

hi

steelermania

Reaction score
The people who tend to be the strongest advocates for walking the straight and narrow, tend to be people who at one time were far off the path. Former drunks, and drug addicts promoting sobriety comes to mind. People who find God after living all sorts of wild lifestyles. Some are fakes, some backslide, and some maintain their new lifestyle. Time will tell. The reason Vick incites so much controversy, is that there are some people who hold dogs in a level of esteem nearly as high as humans, while others don't regard them as being any more special than a deer, or even a fly. If you hold the former view, you're going to see Vick as a monster, if you hold the later, not so much.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The people who tend to be the strongest advocates for walking the straight and narrow, tend to be people who at one time were far off the path. Former drunks, and drug addicts promoting sobriety comes to mind. People who find God after living all sorts of wild lifestyles. Some are fakes, some backslide, and some maintain their new lifestyle. Time will tell. The reason Vick incites so much controversy, is that there are some people who hold dogs in a level of esteem nearly as high as humans, while others don't regard them as being any more special than a deer, or even a fly. If you hold the former view, you're going to see Vick as a monster, if you hold the later, not so much.

and then there is the people who likes their dogs more than the average person

that would be me

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I don't care to revisit this ****. But because it is being talked about...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But it boils me to hear **** like he served his time.

Best you say "IN YOUR EYES" \ because in my eyes he will always be the piece of **** that I know he is.

And no amount of look at me nows will convince me otherwise.

So if yinz one of those people that try to convince the world he has turned over a new leaf.

Good for you

count me in the club that knows there is no repairing what he did over and over and over and over again.

both our stances is ok but I pray this convo suffers a quick death because I am tired of people trying to convince me just how great that low life is now.

**** a Mike Vick

hi

I have no problem with that to the people who were hurt by a crime committed by someone there is no time limit so I get that. Like I said I might feel differently if I ever loved dogs like that..

Last edited:

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Mike Vick says he has turned his life around and he shows all outward signs of having done so, then I suppose it's my responsibility to forgive him and wish him well in his efforts to make the world a better place.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a dog I loved very much stolen by dog fighters. It's personal to me. Ark's statements in this thread could have been my own. Michael Vick will never redeem himself in my eyes. It isn't my job to judge him but I can't help but feel he is still a POS. That kind of evil doesn't just go away serving time.

Status
Not open for further replies.