• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fordfairlane’s Big Board what do you want me to do first?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Since NFL football for me is over I might as well start my big board for Steelers Nation. It should be interesting since I’ll have to evaluate more 2019 film than I’d normally do with a lot of players really limited to games this year. What position(s) should I evaluate first. I’ll go in order from most to least popular on this thread.

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
Order of team needs :

O-Line
RB
QB
ILB
CB
OLB
TE
D-Line
WR

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Ol
rb
qb
te
ilb
cb
olb
dl
wr

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
C
t
rb
de

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Our top needs are on the Oline, Like maybe 2/the top 3 go there, but if a franchise QB is there you take him... that pool is heladeep this year
Running back is going to be a 2nd to 4th round pick

We likely lose some cbs so that may be a Later mid round pick
I also think we need some picks at lb... olb depth is questionable even before dupree leaves...
ilb depth might be ok, but I expect Williams to be gone... and honestly spillane and williamson can be the runstopping guys... but what we need is a later round coverage ilb... maybe one with some development but potentials

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Since NFL football for me is over I might as well start my big board for Steelers Nation. It should be interesting since I’ll have to evaluate more 2019 film than I’d normally do with a lot of players really limited to games this year. What position(s) should I evaluate first. I’ll go in order from most to least popular on this thread.

Head coach
QB
C
RB
OT
TE
DT/NT

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Need to wait and see who they retain, they have a boatload of free agents this year.

That said they could go OL for the first 7 picks and not go wrong.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Need to wait and see who they retain, they have a boatload of free agents this year.

That said they could go OL for the first 7 picks and not go wrong.
I’m just asking what position(s) are you most interested in. Looks like OL is easily in the lead and usually the longest to evaluate. I’ll start watching tape tonight on Ohio State, Alabama and Notre Dame as those three look to have the most draftable offensive linemen in this draft. I hope to watch 2-3 games on each player. It’s actually a lot easier to rewind the same play 2-3 times and take notes on 2-3 players at once than to watch one player the entire game. I think I can get the OL rankings out by Sunday if I push it. Will likely add players as they declare. But a good foundation at least for people to peruse.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
RB harris
OT Mayfield or Notre dame OT
QB
C
DT
I think we will need to find a vet C short term and draft his replacement