• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Free agent TE's

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Been seing bleacher report and other websites making suggestions like Hooper Ebron there is no way Atlanta will let Hooper go Ebron will cost to much we if we did not have the Dupree and TJ option issue we could of squeezed in.
As suggested we need to likely cut Vance because of his salary and lack of Durabaility.
With Denver taking Fant in rnd 1 him showing flases at times of being a good long term all around TE Jake Butt a big TE could be had for cheap like our 5th or 6th.

The only FA TE's I see us in range for are Eifiert, Lewis (blocking) Toilolo Luke Wilson Blocking Vanett blocking. Aside are all 3rd stringers who have little to no experience.
I can see this as a option receiving Eifiert and Mercedes blocking and groom in someone to replace Tyler in a year or 2.

ChampYINZ

Reaction score
This team desperately needs a consistent number one tight end. If they don’t get one it just shows their ****** ness.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
This team desperately needs a consistent number one tight end. If they don’t get one it just shows their ****** ness.
with Ben Vance has been a reliable TE and ben can make average guys look great who know maybe Vannett and Gentry can be 25 rec 2 td 10 3 TD type guys next year Gentry you need to get him in red zone sets at times take Washington out at 6"7 245 a huge mismatch and pretty good as Vance for the fade or jump ball and hook at the back of the end zone.
I would love for us to Chase Hooper or Ebron but you would have to screw Bud and maybe cut Tuitt to have the monery pick up TJ's option.
The draft and these TE is a best way with Ben Johnson will get better can be or will be as good as Sanders Washington will keep getting better. Cain has the potential to streach the field blow by get a easy cath and run oir draw the Flag.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
If he declares, go get Thaddeus Moss

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
besides being Randy's kid why do you like him?

He's a play maker. Did you not watch any of the games this year? Big body, can catch the ball. We need a TE who can catch the damn ball and doesn't crack like humpty dumpty mcdonald does

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
He's a play maker. Did you not watch any of the games this year? Big body, can catch the ball. We need a TE who can catch the damn ball and doesn't crack like humpty dumpty mcdonald does
Doesn't crack huh he was out all last year due to a foot injury. The year before that he was out due to transfer rules. A 6'3 TE with a short body of work. Not that he didn't have two decent games back to back. But to suggest he can stay healthy is a big stretch in the grand scheme. As it is an unknown.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
what rnd is moss son projected.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't crack huh he was out all last year due to a foot injury. The year before that he was out due to transfer rules. A 6'3 TE with a short body of work. Not that he didn't have two decent games back to back. But to suggest he can stay healthy is a big stretch in the grand scheme. As it is an unknown.

I'll take my chances on him over McDonald. We've had nothing but **** TE production between LaDarius Green and the few games McDonald has done anything.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll take my chances on him over McDonald. We've had nothing but **** TE production between LaDarius Green and the few games McDonald has done anything.
To be clear I wouldn't be against drafting him but not before the comp pick... In four would be even more ideal. But I wouldn't necessarily axe McDonald. Two TEs are needed.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I go for Darren Fells,

But the player that may be the future is already on the roster. UK born Christian Scotland-Williamson. He was poised to get all of the snaps in preseason before getting hurt early in the first preseason game, and Radar eventually caught that TD. He's big, he's athletic, he can catch, and from last year's trining camp reports, he's starting to hit with pop in the blocking game.