• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Freiermuth comparisons

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Green doesn’t have that short of arms for a center. He is in the 33 percentile so yes they are on the shorter side but not like he’s a liability.

I personally would compare Kendrick Green to Roberto Garza. Similar height, weight, arm length, hand size, and both are above average athletes and even drafted 12 picks difference. Now Garza never made a pro bowl but he was always a top 10 center with a long career. I think where Garza will flourish is pulling and helping in the run game. I think he’ll struggle with true NG’s that bullrush him or when it’s his job to move a DT back in short yardage situations.
Green has some solid strength and some wrestling team experience in his background. I would hope that would help his cause.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Heck, the kid is 6'2", 305 lbs. It's a little disingenuous to paint him as this "short, undersized" player that's going to get tossed around. For example, the Cheats starting Center, David Andrews is 6'3", 300; an inch taller and five pounds lighter ... So, basically similar size. Cardinals starting Center, Rodney Hudson; 6'2", 315 lbs. Carolina's Matt Paridis; 6'3", 300 lbs. I could go on. But, looking at these guys, the NFL is absolutely littered with starting Centers who are in Green's size range. The 6'5", 330 lb behemoth that some folks are calling for is the exception. I'd hazard a guess that that's because those guys don't move as well and with more teams going to a zone blocking scheme, mobility counts.
Maurkice Pouncey - 6'4" 304 lbs (pro football reference). Green will be fine ... 2" shorter than the guy he will be replacing.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Maurkice Pouncey - 6'4" 304 lbs (pro football reference). Green will be fine ... 2" shorter than the guy he will be replacing.
Yep and a pound heavier. Pouncey wasn't a behemoth either. He was, when he was at his best, a hell of a technician though.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Half of those early guys the analysts want to move to the right side or inside to guard. Everything I've read about Moore says he can be a LT in the NFL. That is another plus, IMO.

That was the thing. Steelers specifically needed a LT. Many of the top rated OTs were more slated to RT or even G. I think Banner can be good at RT. The question is Chukes at LT. Moore has a real shot.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Why in the hell do people feel like Etienne is anywhere close to the back Harris is? I live in South Carolina (not a Clemson fan, but get to watch a ton of their games) and I have never liked Etienne. He runs poorly against good competition. He goes down if he is sneezed on. He catches well, but has a lot of easy drops, as well as some fumbles. He can't pass protect for ****. He doesn't seem to hit the hole very hard. He has a lot of yards against poor ACC competition, but it seems like a lot of times he is running in space created for him by a great line and great scheme.

I don't think you can talk about easy yards for Etienne and not say the same for Najee who just saw pretty much the whole Bama offense get drafted with high picks.

Etienne is all about the changing nature of the game. Most teams would rather have a guy like Kamara, who needs his touches limited, than a workhorse. The saints pair kamara with the average Latavius Murray and it's a very effective combo. It's hard to find gamebreakers.