• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Full Bush at practice today

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
In addition to being injury prone, this Bush is easily replaced, After 3 years in a player isn't going to get that much better.
Agreed. I hope we find someone better by the time his contract comes up

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He and Shobert are horrible against the run.

Not good when your ILB's cant man up and make a stop on a running play.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
He and Shobert are horrible against the run.

Not good when your ILB's can man up and make a stop on a running play.
They are flow to the ball type ILBers. That Dline has to keep them clean and that is where a lot of the problem dwells.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
They are flow to the ball type ILBers. That Dline has to keep them clean and that is where a lot of the problem dwells.

I remember when we had a similar problem back in the early Cowher days. He plugged in Joel Steed and it was like plugging up a dam. That's a huge missing piece to the puzzle.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
hopefully our defense overall gets better when Tuitt is back.

personally, i think we're better with Spillane than Bush. So many times I saw Bush whiff last night and others where he didnt even bother making contact. Even on that fumble recovery, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Even though he'd over-pursued and was washed out by the guys being blocked his way.

MeanJim

Forefather
Reaction score
I remember when we had a similar problem back in the early Cowher days. He plugged in Joel Steed and it was like plugging up a dam. That's a huge missing piece to the puzzle.
Not sure nose tackles are much in demand any longer so I'm not sure the talent pool is that deep. Maybe we could get a sumo wrestler in there to fill up that gap. ;)

I don't see why a guy like Steed wouldn't be in demand in any era. He took the center and drove him deep into the backfield if he wasn't double or triple teamed. Nobody got to block Kirkland/Brown/Holmes/Olsavsky because they were too busy trying to hold Steed. Plus, Kirkland and Holmes were big-time thumpers, not "finesse" LBers like Bush/Schobert/Spillane, who can't get off a block to blast running backs, but can almost cover backs and TEs.

But no one is going to keep these soft inside backers clean when there's only 1 or 2 DL on the field. Unless it's 3rd and 27, I want 3 300+ lb guys out there. **** Mike Tomlin's stupid scheme that can't stop a running play on 3rd and 7. Baltimore and Cleveland are licking their chops and laughing. They can't wait to play us.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see why a guy like Steed wouldn't be in demand in any era. He took the center and drove him deep into the backfield if he wasn't double or triple teamed. Nobody got to block Kirkland/Brown/Holmes/Olsavsky because they were too busy trying to hold Steed. Plus, Kirkland and Holmes were big-time thumpers, not "finesse" LBers like Bush/Schobert/Spillane, who can't get off a block to blast running backs, but can almost cover backs and TEs.

But no one is going to keep these soft inside backers clean when there's only 1 or 2 DL on the field. Unless it's 3rd and 27, I want 3 300+ lb guys out there. **** Mike Tomlin's stupid scheme that can't stop a running play on 3rd and 7. Baltimore and Cleveland are licking their chops and laughing. They can't wait to play us.
I have a feeling the 2 DL look won't be used against the rats.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
In addition to being injury prone, this Bush is easily replaced, After 3 years in a player isn't going to get that much better.
Another dumb, easily proven to be a false statement by the guru himself. Reminds me of when you claimed Bell couldn't improve his ypc from year one to year two.

Players to get vastly better after their third year, just off the top of my head, just with the steelers.
Ike Taylor
James Harrison
Bud Dupree
Antonio Brown
Brett Keisel

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Especially when we are in a 2 DL type set. 5 OL vs 2 DL, ILBs are going to get swept like spygates tapes under a rug.

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Another dumb, easily proven to be a false statement by the guru himself. Reminds me of when you claimed Bell couldn't improve his ypc from year one to year two.

Players to get vastly better after their third year, just off the top of my head, just with the steelers.
Ike Taylor
James Harrison
Bud Dupree
Antonio Brown
Brett Keisel
Bush has been replaced by Spillane in the sun packages. The above names were players. Bush doesn't belong on that list. No no no.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score