• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Funny From Snoop Dog

mdk2

Reaction score
**** snoop dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree and Tomlin is a dumbass for keeping Fichtner around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't say I disagree because I'm not privy to who does the hiring. ... But, I will say that it's funny how Tomlin doesn't hire his own coaches is what I've always heard. At least until those coaches end up sucking ... Then it's Tomlin's fault that the coaches he didn't hire (and presumably can't fire) suck.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
Can't say I disagree because I'm not privy to who does the hiring. ... But, I will say that it's funny how Tomlin doesn't hire his own coaches is what I've always heard. At least until those coaches end up sucking ... Then it's Tomlin's fault that the coaches he didn't hire (and presumably can't fire) suck.

I think it's pretty clear that he has been given the opportunity to hire his guys until the Rooneys step in and force a change like "retiring" Arians and bringing in Haley or hiring Munchak.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

At this point, after all the years as HC, are you saying he still has training wheels and a bedtime? If that is true, why is he the HC?

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
I love how Snoop Dog, talking into a camera, says "yo Tomlin, this is Snoop Dog, Fire that..." As if Snoop carries weight with Tomlin's decisions.

Yo Tomlin, This is Badcat, Fire Randy Fichtner and promote Matt Canada to OC!

nope

nothing

huh!?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I love how Snoop Dog, talking into a camera, says "yo Tomlin, this is Snoop Dog, Fire that..." As if Snoop carries weight with Tomlin's decisions.

Yo Tomlin, This is Badcat, Fire Randy Fichtner and promote Matt Canada to OC!

nope

nothing

huh!?

Actually Snoop Dogg might be a better OC than Fictner.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Fitchner is not the issue...

They need to limit Ben's "draw it up in the dirt" play calling...

You got two men in charge of the offense...Fitchner and Canada...let them do their job.

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
Fitchner is not the issue...

They need to limit Ben's "draw it up in the dirt" play calling...

You got two men in charge of the offense...Fitchner and Canada...let them do their job.

What? The only time the offense moves the ball is when Ben is drawing up plays on the fly!

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What? The only time the offense moves the ball is when Ben is drawing up plays on the fly!

Not lately..

Short term in a pinch...yeah you do what you need to do to get a win..

But long term....every game...almost every play.
NO

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
Not lately..

Short term in a pinch...yeah you do what you need to do to get a win..

But long term....every game...almost every play.
NO

Fichtner scripts the opening drive of every game. We had the longest streak of not scoring on the opening drive until like week 10 (can't remember the exact game we finally scored on the opening drive). We wouldn't do anything on offense for a quarter and a half until Ben would go no huddle and drive us right down the field for a TD. That same script has happened way too many times to count for years and way too many to be just a coincidence.

There is absolutely zero creativity with play calling or play design in our normal offense. It literally looks like a 10 year old playing Madden calling the plays. And I think you are in the vast minority of people who say Fichtner needs more reign over the offense.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score