• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Funny How That Is

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The Saints got screwed on a really bad PI call. Goodell addresses it and admits the error and promises change and the coach goes on about locking himself in his room and eating icecream for three days.
The Steelers got blatantly screwed on two phantom PI's against the same Saints. Set them up as the one seed and effectively ended the Steelers season. And nary a word.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
that non call in the saints/rams game was the worst no call I have ever seen

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
that non call in the saints/rams game was the worst no call I have ever seen

Did you watch the chargers game?????? OFF-SIDES anyone??????

Salute the nation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The Saints got screwed on a really bad PI call. Goodell addresses it and admits the error and promises change and the coach goes on about locking himself in his room and eating icecream for three days.
The Steelers got blatantly screwed on two phantom PI's against the same Saints. Set them up as the one seed and effectively ended the Steelers season. And nary a word.

Because Shades knows he has a job for life. He would need at minimum three consecutive losing seasons before they would even consider not giving him an extension. The namesakes of the Rooney Rule are simply not going to fire their first black head coach. Best we can hope for is that they don't renew or extend his contract. Firing him while he's under contract ain't gonna happen. They'll fire Colbert first.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That and how the league came out in some of our earlier games in the year and said they made errors on a few inconsequential plays. They apologized for all of that but, not once, did they apologize for the blatant no calls or bad calls against the Steelers that actually cost us games. Didn't think I could despise Goddell more but after this year, I do.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
And again it wasn't just the Steelers. The Saints effectively claimed the one seed and home field advantage over the Rams based upon those calls against the Steelers. Anyone here believe the Saints go to LA and win. Not me.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the Saints owner had the err... Balls to call out the NFL Commish and the league in general and she even used the almighty "integrity" word. The league HAD to respond to it and given the obvious nature of the no-call they had no choice but to say, "Yep, those refs f'd up!"

Rooney did NOT complain. Indeed he didn't say a word. He allowed the league to just keep on keepin' on. If Rooney makes a stink about the Charger's false start and calls out the fact that the SAME officiating crew had helped the Chargers earlier in the season, you can bet the Rog would have said something about "Human Error" and "We're really sorry this happened, we will focus on improving the situation... blah blah blah."

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Well, the Saints owner had the err... Balls to call out the NFL Commish and the league in general and she even used the almighty "integrity" word. The league HAD to respond to it and given the obvious nature of the no-call they had no choice but to say, "Yep, those refs f'd up!"

Rooney did NOT complain. Indeed he didn't say a word. He allowed the league to just keep on keepin' on. If Rooney makes a stink about the Charger's false start and calls out the fact that the SAME officiating crew had helped the Chargers earlier in the season, you can bet the Rog would have said something about "Human Error" and "We're really sorry this happened, we will focus on improving the situation... blah blah blah."
That's so money its money.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

YOU forgot the **** the "rog" part, NOT with STEELERS dick but with "Pop's" dick.

GREAT post and I hear exactly what you are saying. The "rog" is a ******** but the owners allow his shitheadidness.

Salute the nation

Vader

Reaction score
And again it wasn't just the Steelers. The Saints effectively claimed the one seed and home field advantage over the Rams based upon those calls against the Steelers. Anyone here believe the Saints go to LA and win. Not me.

The Saints would have the #1 seed anyway because all they had to do was beat Carolina at home the following week. They rested all their starters against Carolina because they had it locked up. If they play their starters that week they destroy Carolina. So the Steelers game locked it up a week early but they still get it either way.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints would have the #1 seed anyway because all they had to do was beat Carolina at home the following week. They rested all their starters against Carolina because they had it locked up. If they play their starters that week they destroy Carolina. So the Steelers game locked it up a week early but they still get it either way.

That's more than likely true Vader but those calls made it an easier ride to get home field advantage for the Saints. Add in another week of less rest and maybe the things wouldn't have been so easy in Carolina, just saying.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not making excuses as the STEELERS should have handled them and the calls would be a non-factor...........

Salute the nation

Vader

Reaction score
That's more than likely true Vader but those calls made it an easier ride to get home field advantage for the Saints. Add in another week of less rest and maybe the things wouldn't have been so easy in Carolina, just saying.

They were playing a horrible Carolina team that had given up weeks ago. Newton wasn't even playing. The Saints at home playing Carolina without Newton and riding a 7 game losing streak weren't going to lose that game.

diver

Reaction score

I could not disagree with this sentiment more. The last thing you want to do is give an opportunity for guys on your team to start wah, wahing and complaining. You deal with it, try to overcome it, and move on. Like the way Cowher handled the overturn of Polomalu's pick against the Colts. You have to do it that way, you cannot let the team get caught up in calls. Tomlin and Rooney handled that exactly right.

You all want them to ***** and moan to make you feel better, not because it will do anything. I know I am 100% right on that because for all the bitching in the world, would it change any outcomes? Absolutely not. So what the hell is the point?

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
I could not disagree with this sentiment more. The last thing you want to do is give an opportunity for guys on your team to start wah, wahing and complaining. You deal with it, try to overcome it, and move on. Like the way Cowher handled the overturn of Polomalu's pick against the Colts. You have to do it that way, you cannot let the team get caught up in calls. Tomlin and Rooney handled that exactly right.

You all want them to ***** and moan to make you feel better, not because it will do anything. I know I am 100% right on that because for all the bitching in the world, would it change any outcomes? Absolutely not. So what the hell is the point?

this is exactly why wig and other like-minded individuals in here will stammer on about conspiracies...because it makes them feel better about the reality of the situation. it's delusion.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
As like a lot of things conspiracies start out with the element of truth. Repeated bad calls, and a significant amount of documented cheating might not be enough to come to conclusions, but it also is enough to not rule out possibilities.

Again I don't think it is as wide spread as some think, which is their option to think that way.

I also have seen enough to know things aren't squeaky clean.

Wouldn't be hard to pay off a few refs, steal a few signals,

When a man is caught cheating repeatably and his boss gives him a raise, and the NFL tool in charge destroys evidence. Anything after that can not be ruled out, even if it is doubtful.

GILBERT

Reaction score
Very true but the Saints had opportunities in that game to including the ball in overtime.

I don't like this rationale SteelerSask.

Coaches, players, and all the talking heads always say...a game comes down to one or two plays that make a difference. That was the play!

Saying a team could have should have done this or that (at point X in the game) and had other opportunities is an excuse.

Unless an offense scores a TD on EVER possession (with a 2-point covert), you can always say, `we left point/plays out there'. Unless a D defense stops the other team 3-and-out on EVERY possessions, you can always say they left plays out there.

These non calls are the plays that affect games.

diver

Reaction score
As like a lot of things conspiracies start out with the element of truth. Repeated bad calls, and a significant amount of documented cheating might not be enough to come to conclusions, but it also is enough to not rule out possibilities.

Again I don't think it is as wide spread as some think, which is their option to think that way.

I also have seen enough to know things aren't squeaky clean.

Wouldn't be hard to pay off a few refs, steal a few signals,

When a man is caught cheating repeatably and his boss gives him a raise, and the NFL tool in charge destroys evidence. Anything after that can not be ruled out, even if it is doubtful.

I don't disagree with that. In fact, I also wonder if some nefarious things go on at times. However, I don't think the coach or the owner can waste time crying about it. You have to move on. If you allow it to fester because you are crying about it, you lose focus on what the hell you are supposed to be doing.

New Orleans is going to have that call come up and all that went with it all through training camp and probably throughout the year at various times. At some point the players and that jackass coach will get all po'd and say something like..."it's a new year, we are tired of talking about that.'" But they will have caused it by all their crying.

greenleader

Reaction score
When the media asks Tomlin to talk about bad calls he says he doesn't want to get fined for talking about it. It's not because he's a great coach, he just doesn't like to waste money.

diver

Reaction score
When the media asks Tomlin to talk about bad calls he says he doesn't want to get fined for talking about it. It's not because he's a great coach, he just doesn't like to waste money.

I was in no way asserting he is a great coach. But he handles those situations the right way. He handles them as a mature adult, not a whining little baby like the coach in New Orleans and so many fans.

If all the whining would change anything, I could at least understand it. It doesn't, so it is wasted energy that could be used for something else. It is almost funny to think that some people actually thought the Rams/Saints game would be replayed or something, I talked to one or two people who thought that could actually occur. As if you could change the date of the biggest sporting event in the world on a whim.