• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

G.Stryker Mocks Mock Drafts…

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
By G.Stryker SteelerNation.com Mock drafts are all the rage this time of year. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy them tremendously. Matt Papiernik and CJ Lester are our resident pros. The actually do things like research players and study film. Their well thought out breakdowns of players, draft slots, and how those possible players can […]

More...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
No secret Dobbins is one of my favorites love that pick..

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. It was the mock I did here, but I wanted to have some fun with it. Hope you enjoy the comedy, we all need a good laugh now a days...

CorpusDsteelers

Reaction score
I’d bet the Steelers don’t draft a TE they already addressed that position resigning McDonald and getting FA Ebron plus they drafted a big one from Michigan and they have a monster new to football that doesn’t count towards the roster do we need more than 6? same could be said about RB’s late last year they grabbed a speed RB whyte plus they got snell who is adjusting well. I see them grabbing a QB,DT and safety in that order. There is no value in QBs after the 2/3rd who can be an immediate upgrade, DT and safety are true needs.

Last edited:

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
49) RB JK Dobbins OSU – OSU is a good team, right?
I mean they seem to be playing for a national championship each year. Turns out, they have a good running back as well. I personally like running backs that can run and catch, as well as block on certain passing downs. JK seems to check those boxes, or so I’ve read. So JK is my first choice for the Steelers, in the second round.

One of the 3 RBs ....Swift, Taylor, Dobbins........... that I consider worthy of a pick in this range that would be a definite upgrade at the RB position for us and qualifies as a OFF playmaker

102) EDGE Khalid Kareem, ND – Steelers could use edge depth.
Is Bud Dupree going to be signed long term? Who knows? But Notre Dame is a good program with a good defense and a good player who rushes the passer. Plus, I was always a fan of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar growing up, so the edge goes to this edge rusher!

Need some edge depth with the Bud Dupree situation unknown past this year

124) TE Albert Okwuegbunam, Missouri
Now being a sports writer following the Steelers, I have at least heard that the Steelers have interviewed him and show interest in drafting him. This TE draft is poor. The best TE in the draft, Cole Kmet is projected to go around the slot when the Steelers first draft in the 2nd round. Picking up a TE that high would be foolish IMHO. Steelers have two starters now with Vance McDonald and Eric Ebron, so drafting one high would diminish the ability for the tight end to make an impact. Grabbing a TE in the 4th though is much better value, a player you can develop and possibly utilize as a 3rd TE in some sets. Albert checks all the boxes for a Steelers TE — he can block, can catch, is big, has all 10 fingers and toes. Check, he’s the pick.

One of the speedy prospects at TE ..... do we draft one after the signing of Ebron ....I am not quite sure

135) IOL Nick Harris, Washington
With Ramon Foster retiring and BJ Finney moving on to greener pastures (Cha-Ching!), the Steelers have a serious need for a left guard, as well as a backup center. Nick has experience as both a starting guard and center. The Steelers love position flexible players when they are young because they usually carry 7-8 active linemen on game days, so backups have to play multiple positions if someone is injured. Nick can do that, I think, or at least I hope he can. Fingers crossed!

3 year starter with time at G and C is a huge bonus. Solid pick to add depth to the OL

198) S K’Von Wallace, Clemson – Steelers need safety depth.
They are set at all starting positions on defense minus a true nose guard, but it doesn’t seem like the Steelers are interested in those anymore, so safety depth it is. You know what I love most about K’Von? His name! Sounds like he was raised by Klingons. So growing up as a warrior on a rugged home world is a perfect addition to add aggression and honor to the Steelers defense.

Agree this adds depth to the S position........ Dangerfield resigned so we know what we have as a group

232) WR Darnell Mooney, Tulane – Oh crap, I forgot to add a wide receiver.
Whelp, I guess I have to do it here. It is a wide receiver heavy draft, so I’m surprised to find a receiver in the 7th round who runs a 4.38 40-yard dash. Plus he’s a quick receiver and is good at turning routine plays into big plays with his ability to make people miss after the catch. The Steelers need another slot option, and Mooney just may be the guy.

Good speed this late in the draft..........don't know enough about him to form an opinion

I haven't been successful with the bleacher report site to do a mock draft but here is a recent one I did on Fanspeak with no trades

49: R2P17
RB JONATHAN TAYLOR
WISCONSIN
102: R3P38
G NETANE MUTI
FRESNO STATE
124: R4P18
EDGE KHALID KAREEM
NOTRE DAME
135: R4P29
C NICK HARRIS
WASHINGTON
198: R6P19
S KHALEKE HUDSON
MICHIGAN
232: R7P18
LB MICHAEL PINCKNEY
MIAMI
TEAM DRAFT ASSESSMENT

explain picks ....... 2nd round ....... no WR fell of significance.......OL target was already taken.......Swift and Dobbins off the board......... J. Taylor BPA
3rd round ........Netane Muti.... would have been listed higher on the draft board but he suffered 2 injuries over the last 2 years.... he was medically cleared for the combine and showed his strength putting up 44 reps on the bench press..... this guy reminds me of James Harrison in the strength department ........ he ragdolls people, finishes and pancakes more people than I have ever seen by a player on film
4th round ..... add some depth at Edge from a decent program like ND
4th round.....while I think the 3 round pick of Muti is worth the risk regarding past injury... selecting Harris in this round provides depth at G and Center ...... solid guy
6th round.... help at S depth from Michigan ....
7th round ...... LB depth from another big school..