• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats, & FU's.............vs Ratbirds!

Chicoman

Reaction score
What a comeback and nice to see the Steelers Defense step up and keep Jackson and their running game in check. A team win in all facets of the game.....credit to the coaching staff and credit to playin their first time all season for filling in. I really didn't give the team much hope this week as they are just batterrred and injured. Things started off bad with the Steelers controlling the ball for just 6:30 minutes in the entire first half. Big time props to TJ Watt & Cam Heyward who definitely weren't 100% but they played balls to the wall. Not much more I can say this team let it all out on the field today and played balls to the wall. Sorry folks I don't have much else to add I've been battling CoViD for the past 12 days and it's been brutal.....sorry I have nothing else to add......

Peace!

Per Tomlin's Post Game:
BJ Finney - Back being evaluated

Game Balls:
Ben Roethlisberger - 5 games to go and I'm giving the old veteran today a game ball for leading us down for the go ahead TD and 2 point conversion to give us a 7 point lead.
TJ Watt - The guy is a friggin animal.....he brings it on every play.....this is the type of effort we should be from Devin Bust!
Cam Heyward - Don't know how sick he was today but his effoirt on the field was unreal too.
Chris Wormsley - 2.5 sacks today did a great job keeping Jackson in the pocket
Minkah Fitzpatrick - early INT in the endzone this afternoon ended up being a differenence maker this game.

Game Goats:
AHHHH i'M NOT GOING THERE BUT THE FRIGGIN GUY ONLY HAD 2 TACKLES AND NONE AFTER THE FIRST QTR....I didn't even see the 2 tackles.

FU's:
WTG Crybaugh.....good call going to for 2 on the final play. I love it when this guy cries in the post game

Last edited:

Steelmann

Reaction score
First of all...... get well Chico! Hope you feel better soon. Little shout out to Witherspoon and Adams. I know DJ dropped that one. But I have to give him a little shout out as well.
Cheers

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
We are going to be sad seeing BB in another uni bc is not getting a line.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Adams was a good addition to the run defense. Witherspoon had a beautiful breakup. The Oline and Dline played well overall. Keys to any victory. DJ balled today he gets my game ball. And **** that cocky prick of a rat HC with DIC's red hot poker.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Hair balls went for it because he thought he had the momentum

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Hairbaugh claimed they went for two because Humphrey was out. What a bunch of bullshit from an arrogant crybaby

They went for two because there was a play they had a lot of confidence in, apparently getting Andrews on Bush, and the receiver ended up being wide open.

Watt disrupted the timing just enough, and the Ravens are fortunate his forced fumble on Jackson went out of bounds earlier in the drive.

He is an amazing player. All those injuries and he's still on pace for 20 sacks.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Watt has 16 sacks in 10 games. He has 5 games left. If he keeps pace, he winds up with 24.

He'd have to average nearly two sacks a game the rest of the way to get that many.

He's capable, but it isn't likely, IMO.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll say it. **** Bush. He looks like he’s running around confused and lazy

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He'd have to average nearly two sacks a game the rest of the way to get that many.

He's capable, but it isn't likely, IMO.

He'd have to average what he has averaged so far this year.

I think Watt is capable of performing like TJ Watt the rest of the season.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
My take:
Steelers
Watt, Johnson, Wormley, Ben and Najee were all great. Having Najee gives the Steeers back the physical edge in the rivalry. Highsmith was very good. The oline as a whole were much better. Minkah was brought down where he can make plays and the secondary stepped up for the most part.
Boz who has been a rock all year had a **** day. The missed PAT was bad enough but not smashing that kick through the endzone and putting it out of bounds was inexcusable.
The Devin Bush saga is unbelievable. He had some good coverages tonight I won't take that away. He made one good run stuff when the Rats were pretty much going into the Locker room. Other than that he was the physical *****. In my mind how could Buddy Johnson possibly be worse. I watched closely. It's jaw dropping they keep him in.
After the Bears game the bitching about the refs was unending. There is no way it was worse than this. Just brutal.
The Ravens are pretty much smoke and mirrors. There is a blue print to really limit them. I cannot wait till they have to really pay Jackson. He will gut their franchise. I ****** hate Hairball. Whinney **** face. Nice call on the two. You have the best kicker in the league. GOLD.

Bluesteel

Reaction score
I hate to be negative about a guy who has come through time and again, especially after a BIG win, but Boswell would have to be a goat, had they lost!

A missed PAT, that greatly affected things, if not for the 2 pt conversion made by the O to go up 20-13. But then following that score with a kick-off out of bounds, and Ravens starting that final drive on the 40!!! Ravens snapped ball on TD play with about 12 seconds left… if that kickoff is through the end zone and Ravens start drive at 25, instead of 40, we likely don’t even have to stress over a 2 pt conversion, because they may have run out of time??? You can’t give the opponent an extra 15 yards to start a drive after taking first lead of game, under 2 minutes!!!