• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats, & FU's.............vs Ratbirds!

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the sad part is we poached a guy off a practice squad who was with the team for like a week and he played better than what we had. Then we had Leglue who most didn't remember come in and have one of the better line games of the year.
I was thinking that same thing. How does that happen? Bad teaching? Low talent? The scheme had to be the same with both guys. There was no time to change that up.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
How have the Rats won 8 games so far this year?

They've been getting a lot of lucky bullshit to pull out games they should lose. It almost happened again with a DJ dropped TD, taunting call on Watt, a gift pass interference vs Minkah, a missed XP and FG, and then at Boz booting the last kickoff OOB to set them up with great field position.

They are a sinking ship now with Marlon Humphrey done for the year. Their whole defense is based on tight coverage because they suck at zone.

I hope they do keep winning some games so they don't get a great draft pick.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Agree here. I want EVERY one of our players to be the best ever at their position. Right up until they leave via trade or free agency. Then I want them to plummet as though father time had sodomized them in a prison cell. (Enjoy THAT visual).

I won't enjoy the visual but share the sentiment.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a ways off but if he doesn't get better then hell no.

AGREE Ron and you and I both know that decision isn't and won't be made to way closer to deadline. A lot can happen between now and then.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They've been getting a lot of lucky bullshit to pull out games they should lose. It almost happened again with a DJ dropped TD, taunting call on Watt, a gift pass interference vs Minkah, a missed XP and FG, and then at Boz booting the last kickoff OOB to set them up with great field position.

They are a sinking ship now with Marlon Humphrey done for the year. Their whole defense is based on tight coverage because they suck at zone.

I hope they do keep winning some games so they don't get a great draft pick.

I also hope Action Jackson plays just well enough to get that H-U-G-E contract extention.

Salute the nation

GILBERT

Reaction score
I still think we are stupid team, poorly coached and need a complete overhaul....

That said, I love beating the ******* Ravens and Harbaugh. Love being a thorn in their sides. Love exposing them for the whiners they are.

I WANT them to sign Jackson too a huge contract so let them win the division this year.
I believe they HAVE to sign him regardless of finish this year.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
I believe they HAVE to sign him regardless of finish this year.
All the rumor around me is that Jackson will be signed regardless. It’s just a matter of what the contract will be. His mother is still negotiating and wants him to be the highest paid player in the NFL. They put too much into him to move away at this point. This is not Flacco, they change their entire strategy and offense

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I was thinking that same thing. How does that happen? Bad teaching? Low talent? The scheme had to be the same with both guys. There was no time to change that up.
Well for one thing our line has virtually no experience outside of one right guard… some of these guys are still playing tentatively… get a guy with nothing to lose in there especially with an aggressive system and it looks better..

Also lets not take away too much from one performance because we must remember that the ravens line is an injured mess right now

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Lamar has carried that team this year. With the injuries they have had, they should be nowhere near where they are. I don't know if I'd make him the highest paid player but they should be offering him something in the top 5 to keep him. If his mom is his agent and is holding out to be the "highest paid" player, she is a fool.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
What a comeback and nice to see the Steelers Defense step up and keep Jackson and their running game in check. A team win in all facets of the game.....credit to the coaching staff and credit to playin their first time all season for filling in. I really didn't give the team much hope this week as they are just batterrred and injured. Things started off bad with the Steelers controlling the ball for just 6:30 minutes in the entire first half. Big time props to TJ Watt & Cam Heyward who definitely weren't 100% but they played balls to the wall. Not much more I can say this team let it all out on the field today and played balls to the wall. Sorry folks I don't have much else to add I've been battling CoViD for the past 12 days and it's been brutal.....sorry I have nothing else to add......

Peace!

Per Tomlin's Post Game:
BJ Finney - Back being evaluated

Game Balls:
Ben Roethlisberger - 5 games to go and I'm giving the old veteran today a game ball for leading us down for the go ahead TD and 2 point conversion to give us a 7 point lead.
TJ Watt - The guy is a friggin animal.....he brings it on every play.....this is the type of effort we should be from Devin Bust!
Cam Heyward - Don't know how sick he was today but his effoirt on the field was unreal too.
Chris Wormsley - 2.5 sacks today did a great job keeping Jackson in the pocket
Minkah Fitzpatrick - early INT in the endzone this afternoon ended up being a differenence maker this game.

Game Goats:
AHHHH i'M NOT GOING THERE BUT THE FRIGGIN GUY ONLY HAD 2 TACKLES AND NONE AFTER THE FIRST QTR....I didn't even see the 2 tackles.

FU's:
WTG Crybaugh.....good call going to for 2 on the final play. I love it when this guy cries in the post game
Goat, Sawfteee for dropping a wide open TD in the first half.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Lamar has carried that team this year. With the injuries they have had, they should be nowhere near where they are. I don't know if I'd make him the highest paid player but they should be offering him something in the top 5 to keep him. If his mom is his agent and is holding out to be the "highest paid" player, she is a fool.

Most moms are when it comes to their babies.......................

Never have faMILY in charge of something like this, it never seems to end properly.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought NFL Mom's were only allowed to do Campbell Soup commercials?

A-N-D apparently contract negotiations.!

I hope she gets ultra high and a lot of money for Action Jackson and 15 years to life with the ravens

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like a prison sentence

"what we have here is a failure to comunicate"................................ simply put I hope it is a life sentence of them together and for a lot of $$$jam$$$.

Salute the nation

swal75

Reaction score
3. We should have turned down the offsides on 2-2 from the thirteen.. it cost us making the rats use at least one more timeout and potentially running the clock down severely on them had we converted
This was so dumb that we accepted that penalty. It was obvious that they did it on purpose, and we just derp "sounds good!" took the bait.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
This was so dumb that we accepted that penalty. It was obvious that they did it on purpose, and we just derp "sounds good!" took the bait.
It was absolutely silly to take it… it eradicated the chance for a first down plus gave us a long goal to go situation…

Lets say we don’t take it, we run the ball next play… we either get it or not… they take the timeout they used on our next play regardless …

if we don’t get it we run again.. assuming we get the first down and don’t score they take a second timeout… the danger is if we don’t get the first down they get a chance to win it with a field goal … however if we do then we can run the ball three times and leave them seconds with no time outs to kick a field goal back… even if we score the td we make them burn another time out

If it was third down and 2 then fine, take the penalty, but with two shots to convert and with a chance to virtually run the clock out, that penalty should have been turned down

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It was absolutely silly to take it… it eradicated the chance for a first down plus gave us a long goal to go situation…

Lets say we don’t take it, we run the ball next play… we either get it or not… they take the timeout they used on our next play regardless …

if we don’t get it we run again.. assuming we get the first down and don’t score they take a second timeout… the danger is if we don’t get the first down they get a chance to win it with a field goal … however if we do then we can run the ball three times and leave them seconds with no time outs to kick a field goal back… even if we score the td we make them burn another time out

If it was third down and 2 then fine, take the penalty, but with two shots to convert and with a chance to virtually run the clock out, that penalty should have been turned down

That is a great explaination to look back on. At the time I was saying WTF, why take that when you could decline and still get a first down while running clock. The way we were running it the ODDs well in our favor of getting 2 yards in two downs.

Glad I wasn't thinking retarded opr something.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS

Coach Tomlin has had some sporadic good time management through out his career. At one time he was a master at getting chances to score before the 1/2 and at end of game. he called correct time outs to do this but that's been awhile ago. I remember Cope and I chatting about that, he had some great examples that made sense.

Lately NOT so much and here is a great example of failure on the clock.

Salute the nation

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It looked like Andrews was Fitz to start and then when Andrews went in motion he passed him to Bush who just watched Andrews run across the line before releasing into the flat. Watt busted that play
All the Steelers within the video raise their arms in jubilation. All, but one.

He either knew he ****** up royally or it is an example of his read/react skills. I can't decide which.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought NFL Mom's were only allowed to do Campbell Soup commercials?
I think Ben's stepmom is still not speaking to him after losing out on taking over from Donovan McNab & mom for Chunky Soup Commercials due to his dumbass motorcycle ride ending with his head through a windshield stunt

Roethlisberger, Stepmother Out Of Campbell’s Soup Commercial

Roethlisberger Out Of Chunky
Soup Commercial ShootCampbell’s Soup Dir of Brand Communications John Faulkner said that Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger and his stepmother, Brenda, “are no longer part” of a Chunky Soup commercial filming at Heinz Field today after his motorcycle crash Monday, according to Ray Fittipaldo of the PITTSBURGH POST-GAZETTE. Instead, several Steelers players, including offensive linemen Alan Faneca, Jeff Hartings, Kendall Simmons and Max Starks, as well as DT Casey Hampton, “will take on bigger roles.” Faulkner: “We’ve reshuffled some of the creative elements of the commercial.” Faulkner added that Campbell’s is “exploring opportunities where Roethlisberger and his stepmother could promote the company in other ways and did not rule out future commercials involving the two” (PITTSBURGH POST-GAZETTE, 6/14).
PREVIOUS
No Headline

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
All the Steelers within the video raise their arms in jubilation. All, but one.

He either knew he ****** up royally or it is an example of his read/react skills. I can't decide which.

oh noooo,,, its his knee!!! We need him back because he might have his ******* MLB light bulb come on after 4 years..