• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's....................week 12..........................@ Colts

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from the Steelers win but boy that last minute with Jeff Saturday Night Live not stopping the clock and letting it run down seems strange.
He’s got two timeouts left but lets the clock tick off something like 25 seconds. Was he saving the two timeouts for next week? Geez that was just plain negligent on his part.
Almost looked like they didn’t want to try and win it.
Yeah---the surprise hire...

Hmmmm? Maybe he is a league plant to "fix" some games the rest of the season.....Don't laugh, it can be easily done with the "in-game" wagering happening these days.
;)

steelhurt

Reaction score
Yeah---the surprise hire...

Hmmmm? Maybe he is a league plant to "fix" some games the rest of the season.....Don't laugh, it can be easily done with the "in-game" wagering happening these days.
;)
Nothing surprises me with Irsay. The Colts badly need a young franchise QB.
Like I said, nothing surprises me with Irsay.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
DJ, makes great catches and drops a pass = He's a bum

Pickens makes great catches and drops a pass = He's the best ever!!

Got it...
You know when a player has a history of drops, add to it bonehead plays where he backtracks you know they will get their share of criticism. Rookies are often forgiven for their screwups especially one that can make the crazy contested catches with ease.

Last edited:

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Pickett called the 3rd down play that resulted in Snell basically walking in for a TD. Apparently, Kenny supplanted CanaDUH's call, which was a double-reverse flea-flicker fumblerooski he had been saving for just such an occasion.
the shovel pass call was scary bad

speedicut

Reaction score
Nice assessment Chicoman

Watching last night's game, I couldn't decide which is worse - Tomlin looking like more of a spectator than coach on the sideline or listening to Joe Buck gassing on **** he doesn't know anything about.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Got it...
In theory I agree...BUT, Pickens is a rookie WR...I expect them to have some issues while learning to play in the NFL. DJ is being paid like he is a #1 receiver, and most would expect a #1 receiver to make the plays when his number is called.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
In theory I agree...BUT, Pickens is a rookie WR...I expect them to have some issues while learning to play in the NFL. DJ is being paid like he is a #1 receiver, and most would expect a #1 receiver to make the plays when his number is called.
And when you don't have a TD on the season you might want to not drop an endzone opportunity. I like certain parts of DJs game but he is overall too inconsistent IMO

Troglodyte

Reaction score

Got it...
Dropped passes are errors. Trying to make something happen and costing your team a first down repeatedly is a history of bad decision making.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Got it...
Or Muuth. He has been, uncharacteristically, dropping quite a few balls this year.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

Got it...
Nobody is calling Pickens the best ever, so give the hyperbole a break. What "great catches" did DJ make yesterday, exactly?

Pickens started out as the #3 receiver on the team, and has already put up a bunch of highlight-reel catches in this, his rookie season. Johnson is supposedly the #1 receiver on the team, but doesn't even have a single touchdown through 11 games, here in his fourth season.

Got that?

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from the Steelers win but boy that last minute with Jeff Saturday Night Live not stopping the clock and letting it run down seems strange.
He’s got two timeouts left but lets the clock tick off something like 25 seconds. Was he saving the two timeouts for next week? Geez that was just plain negligent on his part.
Almost looked like they didn’t want to try and win it.

That's the inexperience showing through, plain and simple.

Salute the nation

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That's the inexperience showing through, plain and simple.

Salute the nation
I think he was more afraid of giving the Steelers any time left on the clock rather than worry about scoring a TD there. Maybe he forgot that Peyton is not the QB anymore.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Props to Snell and McFarland for taking advantage of their opportunity to play in game situation and making the most of it. Showing what can happen if you take the hole that the line creates, good things can happen. I would like to see another week of this combination

SteelerSask2

Reaction score

Got it...
The shelf life of getting a pass is short here. When they were dealing with aftermath of Antonio Brown DJ got a pass. DJ is a good receiver, he makes bone head plays more than he should. George's pass has a clock ticking too.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score

Got it...
What great catch did DJ make last night?

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Game balls to Matt Wright for that awesome 50+ kick.

Also one to the RBs and oline for stepping up again in the running game.

Steelmann

Reaction score

Got it...
Lol........I laughed during the game......if that would have been Claypool,the hatred and name calling would have been epic on here. Pickens should have had for sure 3 of them. D.J. One for sure. Even Pat should have had one of them.

All receivers drop passes.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Or Muuth. He has been, uncharacteristically, dropping quite a few balls this year.

The WRs need the JUGGs machine but it seems they have forgotten that aspect of the game. The repetative-ness is what's missing. These guys have just slighted away from the fine tune line and it is a very small line but it takes repetative motions to fix that, JUGGs. That ball all the way in is the most basic fundimental of a catch but for some reason fundamentals aren't important to this coaching staff.

Salute the nation

Stewey

Reaction score
Holy cow!

Pickett played better this game than Ben did going 4 years back!

According to Pro Football Focus, Pickett graded out with an impressive 88.5. This was the second-highest-graded quarterback of the week and the highest grade by a rookie quarterback this season. Pickett threw for 174 yards on 20-for-28 passing with no touchdowns and no interceptions. Pickett also rushed for 32 yards on six carries.

But perhaps more remarkable is PFF noting this is the highest grade by Steelers quarterback in four seasons. Week 10 of the 2018 season, Ben Roethlisberger threw for 328 yards and five passing touchdowns on 22-for-25 passing. It was a near-perfect display en route to a 52-21 blowout win over the Carolina Panthers. This game was a masterclass in quarterbacking and I honestly don’t put the two performances in the same class.

Nevertheless, the improvement in Pickett has been clear and this was definitely his best all-around performance of his rookie season.