• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Day Menu

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I made a 1/2 batch of Steeler Chili. Switched up the beans this time and am going with Bush's Spicy Kidney beans rather than the medium heat pintos. Also using 3 red jalapenos rather than 2. I tested it and it is hot as hell already.

I took the dog outside and came back in to find our cat had lapped up the entire bowl of grease from 1 lb of beef. I'm not sure the Steelers are going to win today but I can foresee cleaning up cat barf.

I think I'm going to go with Hardywood Great Return IPA. The name says it all in what I hope for the Steelers season. They better get on track today.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I made a 1/2 batch of Steeler Chili. Switched up the beans this time and am going with Bush's Spicy Kidney beans rather than the medium heat pintos. Also using 3 red jalapenos rather than 2. I tested it and it is hot as hell already.

I took the dog outside and came back in to find our cat had lapped up the entire bowl of grease from 1 lb of beef. I'm not sure the Steelers are going to win today but I can foresee cleaning up cat barf.

I think I'm going to go with Hardywood Great Return IPA. The name says it all in what I hope for the Steelers season. They better get on track today.

Arn't you mixing a 1/2 batch of "Bills" game steeler chilli in with it ?

If so then the STEELERS will play a hell of a half, I hope it's the second 1/2 for a come from behind victory by 10pts.

I'm not sure what I'm cooking but probably something easy and garden oriented.

Good luck with cat puke or hopefully not the other end.

Salute the nation

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Arn't you mixing a 1/2 batch of "Bills" game steeler chilli in with it ?

If so then the STEELERS will play a hell of a half, I hope it's the second 1/2 for a come from behind victory by 10pts.

I'm not sure what I'm cooking but probably something easy and garden oriented.

Good luck with cat puke or hopefully not the other end.

Salute the nation
I did put in about a cup full of frozen leftovers from that game. Hopefully the mojo will transfer over. ;

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Bruh, I'm going to borrow this recipe for next week!!! Apparently, it's supposed to snow on Tuesday...

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bruh, I'm going to borrow this recipe for next week!!! Apparently, it's supposed to snow on Tuesday...
Sounds good. Send some of that cold air East. I'm ready to ditch short sleeves and shorts for flannel shirts and fire in the fireplace. I'm not used to sweating in October.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I am making chili for dinner, my own recipe. Stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, jalapeno's, chili peppers, butternut squash, all from the garden.

for game time I have a prime rib loin that I am going to deep fry in my turkey fryer. if any left over which i doubt there will be, gets cut up and goes into the chili

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn everything is making me think about food. I start my 36 hours of hell prepping for my 50 year colonoscopy along with endoscopy. I am getting it from both ends tomorrow and have to do a cleanse today and tonight. The night of a thousand waterfalls. Had to share my misery with yinz since you are torturing me with food talk as I sip my clear broth.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn everything is making me think about food. I start my 36 hours of hell prepping for my 50 year colonoscopy along with endoscopy. I am getting it from both ends tomorrow and have to do a cleanse today and tonight. The night of a thousand waterfalls. Had to share my misery with yinz since you are torturing me with food talk as I sip my clear broth.
man i think it would be a dick move to "like" your post

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Whiskey barrel aged stout. 8.2 %

Reactions: JMM

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just sammiches and Frito's here. Picked up some sea salt, rosemary, sourdough bread.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Doing a roast turkey breast with sweet potato casserole, steamed broccoli, stuffing with cranberries and pumpkin pie.
Bringing out your inner Canadian......enjoy ...... Happy Thanksgiving ........ go Steelers

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Note to self, never schedule a scope the day after a Steelers game.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

maybe if you ditched the beans all together and made real chili the season would turn around

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry about your luck SnL ..... we will say a prayer all goes well for yaz ....... and have a 2nd helping in your honour

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I am making chili for dinner, my own recipe. Stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, jalapeno's, chili peppers, butternut squash, all from the garden.

for game time I have a prime rib loin that I am going to deep fry in my turkey fryer. if any left over which i doubt there will be, gets cut up and goes into the chili
Did you get Bob's thought on how to handle your tomatoes.....